13.

Love That Can't be United

Chanyeol changed his clothes after leaving Baekhyun in his bedroom. He took a seat in front of the fireplace to get warm and hope the rain stops as soon as possible. he looked into a box in the corner, a battered box containing a diary which he brought wherever he goes. with a sense of hesitation, he sat in front a table and opens the blank page of the book.

his hand he took a pen and start to writing. he seems to tell a pretty long story and it all poured out in the book. when it almost finished, drowsiness suddenly attacked him. He immediately put his head on the table with one hand. the book is still wide open ...

 

***

Baekhyun opened his eyes. he was really asleep after crying. he rubbed his eyes and get out of bed before remembering where he is now. Baekhyun looked around. there is a large mirror and a desk who's little messy with some scattered books. He also saw a lot of pictorial symbol of fire. yes, he remembered, he was in Chanyeol's apartment.

he out of the room and went to the living room. no one there, he thought. then he checking the front room. there is a fireplace and .... someone there. a person who was sleeping, Chanyeol. he went to see him and waved his hand in front of Chanyeol's face, make sure if he really asleep or not. no answer, he was in dreamland. Baekhyun tried to didn't make noises that could wake Chanyeol from his sleep.

Baekhyun back to the room he used to sleep and brought some blanket to warm Chanyeol's body. when he enveloped Chanyeol, he noticed about something. there is a wide-open book next to him complete with the pen. He was curious and took that thing.

a diary huh? Baekhyun wondered. he opened the first page. the first sentence he read was "hey mom". Baekhyun giggled. how come a badass person like him wrote a diary for his mother till now. he turned the next page. still the same as the first page, he told all of his activities with the prefix of the word "hi mom."

then Baekhyun opened the last page, which has just written by Chanyeol before he sleeps.

 

13 / 11 / 2010

 

hi, I'm sorry for ignoring you these days, I'm so tired.

and also, I feel like I don't want to go to school anymore. I must find new place, a new city, where people didn't know who I am or how I did in the past.

I met Kris hyung today

 

Baekhyun blinked. "Kris hyung". he turned his head to see Chanyeol who still sleeping and continued to read Chanyeol's diary

 

I met Kris hyung today, he was getting fierce. I can sense the strong dragon aura from his body. I don't think I can train my phoenix well, like he does to his dragon.

he's still the same as the first. he hates me as much as I hate him. after he hurt you, now he has a new target. someone who's starting to be special for me.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head. he feel jealous when he read Chanyeol has someone special already.

 

I would not let Kris touch him. I don't want to see the people who mattered to me lost for this time.I know that day would come. at some point, but surely, he would ask me to fight again.

I hope you have a peaceful life there

 

there's no longer sequel. Chanyeol apparently had fallen asleep before he could finish it. he kept thinking who's that someone really important for Chanyeol. that person must be have good personality and cute face so as to attract Chanyeol's heart who had been so dark.

"Baekhyun?!" Chanyeol awake. he surprised, as well as himself. "Chanyeol, you awake already?" he replied haltingly. "what are you doing here? you're supposed to sleep in my room" Chanyeol said while get rid of the blankets.

Baekhyun was surprised because Chanyeol suddenly woke up and saw him reading his diary. Chanyeol was struck with an object that held up by Baekhyun. there's an awkward silence between these two until Chanyeol spoke first.

"do you... read it..?" Chanyeol asked. the other male just nodded innocently, not knowing what to do. he sighed. "so you really read it? all of it?" Baekhyun shook his head. "only the last part."

awkward silent.

"I'm sorry, I know it was rude.." Baekhyun kept apologizing but Chanyeol couldn't say any word. "it's okay. lets just say it was an accident." Chanyeol replied and insert that book to his cupboard.

Baekhyun eyeing Chanyeol from behind before give him a question. "can I—ask you about something?" Chanyeol turned his head to see the other male with confuse look.

 

 


 

Lay back toward and boarded a train to reach home. Suho offered to overslept just for tonight but Lay rejected it. it was too much, he said.

when the train stopped and he walk in he checking his wallet. but his eyes open widely.

his precious photo is lost. his photo along with Kris. his panic level totally at the highest level. where he left that photo? when he tried to call all his friends, his phone died. no signal and low battery.

he took a deep breathe. . the only word he can say right now.