8.

Love That Can't be United

Chanyeol arrived at his apartment. He took the key in his bag and unlocked the door. He threw his bag away and took an old box containing his diary. that box looks so valuable to Chanyeol, because he always carries it wherever he went. beside his diary book, he also keeps his family pictures in it. he didn't realize it until the picture of his mother slipped and fell on the floor. Chanyeol stared at that thing with a sad smile.

"mom, why do I have to met him again? what was he doing here? and what will he do against me later? does he haven't been satisfied to hurt you? does he haven't been satisfied to made ​​you suffer?" He looked at the picture and talk to it as if the photo will reply him later.

but then Chanyeol shook his head, "but heroes will win later, right? believe me, sooner or later, I would take a revenge for you, mom. for sure." his face looks full of confident. the promise that he made to his mother of course not a kind of joke.

"....mom, I have a friend, or you can say, I ended up getting a friend. yeah, finally. he's my first friend in the school." He sat on the edge of the mattress, holding his mother's photo.

"he looked a lot like you. his face, his voice, his behavior, the way he talked to me, everything. He is very similar to you. whenever I saw him, at the same time I also saw you." he sighed, he remembered all the resemblance that was owned by his mother.
 

"I helped him when he was bullied by other students. you proud of me right? I'm not using my power for a crime." he kept talking to the photo but his voice growing weaker.

"his sad face when he was bullied totally reminds me of you, when you cried because being abandoned by daddy. so therefore, I helped him." Chanyeol can't help it. he told all that was what happened at him to the photo. sometimes he bowed his head, seems like he wasn't strong enough to tell it all.

"when he smiles, indirectly I also see your smile, mom. I really missed it. I wanted to make him happy, it's the only way I can do for seeing your smile once again. I also feel he is the person who has a pure heart, just like you." He smiled again, but this time his smile seems to come from the smiles of happiness.

"He was the only person who is not afraid to touch me. he believed that I wasn't the devil's child, just like what people say about me. nope, he didn't believe that rumour at all." Chanyeol lay down on the bed and put his head on the pillow.

he was about going to sleep, he took the blanket and cover all parts of himself. before he had fallen asleep, he said to his mother once more.

 

"oh, I forgot about this one. his name is Baekhyun..."

 

***

 

"hello? oh yes, this is D.O. who is this? Kris? what? Baekhyun? I don't know, Sehun said he was absent today. duh that kid. yes, yes I will tell him later, okay. see ya." he hung up his phone.

"who was that?" Kai asked curiously. "Kris hyung. he asked where is Baekhyun right now. he said he wanted to talk with him. his voice tone sounded serious." he put the phone in his pocket.

"wait, I think I saw him in the early morning? he was in the infirmary room... but I'm not sure about it." Xiumin said while eats his candy

"his locker wasn't locked and there are also books for today's class." Chen had just returned from the corridor, just checking Baekhyun's locker and he found nothing. "do you know that the devil's child also absent today?"

"I don't like that fire boy. I mean, do you realize it, he give an effect for Baekhyun? I do not know if it's bad or good, but since Baekhyun getting closer with him, he has changed." D.O complaining about how he felt during this time.

"agreed."

"same here."

"I thought it was only me."

all EXO members has the same opinion with each other, while Suho just stood right in front of them while crossing his hands and listening to their conversation. he moved to the window so let the wind blows to his body.

"hey Suho, do you know where is Baekhyun actually?" but Suho didn't answer, he just looking at the sky and shut his eyes.

 

"I don't know.."

 

 

***

 

skies started to cloudy, dark clouds everywhere that's a sign of rain will come soon. but Baekhyun still outside. he didn't want to go home or back to school. his mind still filled with Chanyeol. and he still had Lay's photo in his hand. he didn't understand what the purpose of all this, but one thing he was sure Lay and Kris used to have a relationship.

his phone rang, there's an incoming e-mail from someone.

where are you, dude? you didn't attend the first class. -D.O

"I'm feeling so unwell, I need a refreshing. what do you want?" he typed and sent it back.

Kris hyung just called me and he said he wanted to talk something with you.

"what is that?"

I don't know but can you reach him? I think he wanted to discuss something important.


"k."

I hope someone sending you to the hell.

 

Baekhyun put his phone back in his bag. he don't feel like doing anything for today. rain start to drop, so he plans to go home by train. but his phone rang again for the second time. this time a call from someone, but with un-known/private number. so he just picked the phone.

"hello, this is Baekhyun."

no answer

"hello? who's there?"

there is a silence for a while but eventually the person that called him began to speak.

"please take care of him well, you are the only one that able to do it."

It's women's voice. her voice was very soft, but more like want to cry. "uhm, sorry I don't know what are you talking about and who was it. who are you?"

"I can't tell you now who I was, but please save him for me...."

Baekhyun totally out of idea, but the other voice started to have sobbing sound. "o–okay. please don't cry. yes, I will take care of him for you!" he was panic. "but may I know, who's the him do you meant? I don't have someone special that should be taken care of."

no answer, the voice on the other side seems to hesitate to say it. but at last she spoke

"....C —"

 

CTAAARRR!!!!

 

"OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT, KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME!" that thunderpeal scared Baekhyun off and make him keep his phone away from him. he forgot that he was talking to someone on the phone.

"I'm sorry, are you still there?"

tut tut tut

 

she turned off the phone without completing her words. sigh. too many strange things that happened to me today.

Baekhyun walked through the heavy rain, still holding his phone, expecting somebody to call him once again.

 

 


Comment replies!

baconforever - oh yes i would!! <33 but not now LOL~ oh yes same here ;_;

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - London maybe? we're going to honeymoon like baekyeol did <3 :3 ah thankyou ^___^ yes yes yes baekhyun started to care about troll chanyeol <3 (p.s: i want baekhyun's number too!! Q___Q)

5a8ina - omg yes krislay story is about to coming soon :3 baekyeol ftw \o/

maaldreva - thankyouuu ^____^ <3 baekhyun such a good boy right? ;_; omg chanyeol you lucky troll, having baekhyun in your life T^T thankyou so much T^T <3 im so appreaciate it ;_; <3

littledragonfruit - baekhyun:"of course i love him" XD yup ^~~~^ please enjoy this >3

IshidaMichaelis - his face just too precious ;__; ok ok ok baekhyun dont get angy next time ok lol.  yup krislay will have their own stories soon ^^~ thankyou so much <3

fr_hanna - but i cant imagine it at all if bacon got angry LOL his angelic face just too much ;___; /fail/ Lay in love with Suho? omg D.O will kill him for sure LOL nope, lay's feelings just for kristine  ;D

krispydonut - yay hi this is an update :3 /claps/ lay's abilith?

lulz just kidding, lay's power is Healer

BearAlvin - hello new reader \o/ welcome to my ff ^^~ i want to see it too! ;__; omg yes please!!!! uhm I think so ^^ I cant tell it to you now /still secret tho/ kkkk anyway thankyou so much <333

veenago21 - hi new reader \o/ welcome! its ok its ok /calm you down/ omg what thankyou so much T^T ikr they were talking bad about chanyeol it hurts ;_;

eXobum12 - the way you called baekyeol as "breakfast couple" just like calling me instead lol. hey this is an update :D enjoy!

riceisnice - thankyou so much ;_; <33 omg hwaiting!

 

 

*so many people subscribed and commented on my story esp for this one omg i feel so loved  ;__;

thankyou so much guys please always anticipated for the next chapter and don't be afraid to comment :3 i dont bite /really/ so happy reading~ <3

 

-breakfastcouple