22.

Love That Can't be United

the continent that floats in the sky, since the past, the earth was supported by fire brothers



the power of the bounty poured out by them



they refreshed the earth, made the flowers bloom, and brought harmony



but the greedy creature man, committed a great sin, and did what he shouldn't do



he caused one of the great seed, which should have been eternal, to rot away on someone's body



the single being which supports the world, Chanyeol, must not be allowed to fall

 

 

 

 


 

"O thou may purify the sin, Park Chanyeol..."

 

Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger. he saw those powerful lightning who walk near him and he couldn't help but kept staring. the light is made him numb and didn't feel anything.

 

"whose fate is to harbor life as the stirring of a baby in the womb,"

 

Lay wrote an unknown alphabet in the air and put it on Chanyeol's forehead.

 

"offer up thy life for the harmony of the earth, to throw away the most forbidden disease"

 

the older male jabbed his pinky finger with something sharp in order to eject blood and rubbed it in Baekhyun's photograph.

 

"let the seed of Dragon planted in you take sprout; become a Phoenix, and save the world."

 

he created a sign in Chanyeol's jawline and the longer that sign was changed to be dragon's wings. Lay's eyes color changed to gray and emits light toward Chanyeol's chest area. a huge wind blows them instantly and messed the whole room.

 

they couldn't withstand the large wind, especially they were in a fairly small room at that moment. Lay collapsed, he thrown away to the door by the damn wind and he seemed a little hurts. Chanyeol ran toward and helped him to get up.

 

"what was that?" Chanyeol asked, after Lay fully recovered.

 

"your phoenix seemed doesn't approve the dragon's spirit on your body. He tried to push it out while the dragon trying to get in."

 

that's true, he felt tremendous pain when the ceremony had began. he knew his Phoenix was like push something out while another strange object just tried so hard to possess his body and they were battling. Chanyeol was about to shoot himself. so his question was answered already. Chanyeol also felt the heat on his jawline and reach it out. he immediately knows what was it.

 

"dragon's sign..." Chanyeol murmured. Lay gave him a mirror and told him to describe out what does he feels about having those strange carving. the sign seems "alive", that's what he said to Lay.

 

the older male ed his uniform and showed him his back. "I got that too,"

 

Chanyeol wondered. "why did you get those hell carving too? I thought you just a mediator for me?"

 

Lay put his uniform back and tidy up them. "This is a warn. or perhaps more accurately described as an agreement vow. a vow which binds the three of us. me, you, and Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol became quiet again after Lay mentioning Baekhyun. he totally forgot that he needs to be killed by Baekhyun. but at least, he was a little relieved. he had transferred the seed from Baekhyun's body and he could live happily soon. he didn't care about his own life. his own happiness. he didn't care about it at all.

 

during his lifetime, he never did anything good. maybe it's his chance. makes something to be meaning a lot to someone whom he dearly loved. Baekhyun's smile is everything he needed and he should keep it from the sorrow Kris gave.

 

Kris, his stepbrother who wants to revenge and hate him with all his heart, he involving Baekhyun to their personal problems. Chanyeol certainly wouldn't forgive it. Kris still has debts to be paid, and his soul probably would not be enough to pay it all.

 

he didn't know if Kris's now probably smiling or laughing triumphantly until satisfied because misfortune is being happened at him, but Chanyeol realized that he must thank Lay. people who really helpful even to this day. He was the only EXO member who believed him, even when the whole world didn't.

 

"you areyou seems know the ins and outs of Kris's history life so well. though I was his brother, I've never seen he have favorite activity or something he actually likes." Chanyeol said while rested his back on the wall, crossed his arms together.

 

the smile that full of sadness reflected on Lay's face.

 

"you know the reason why did I help you?" Lay asked, the taller male shook his head. he have no idea. Lay sighed. "because, seeing you two, reminded me of what once I had."

Chanyeol blinked. looks like he get what Lay talking about but he was hesitant to say it out. "were you...—"

 

 

 

 

"yeah, I'm his ex-boyfriend..."

 

 


 

 

"hey, hey wake up." Chanyeol wiggled Baekhyun's arms to wake him up, because the shorter male were asleep in the classroom. Baekhyun slightly opened his eyes and rubbed it. so cute. that was on Chanyeol's thought when Baekhyun yawned.

"where am I? ooh, did I fall asleep?" still rubbed his eyes, Baekhyun asking in so strident voice. he was sleepy.

Chanyeol nodded. his daily routine for now on after school is to pick Baekhyun up to his home. sometimes, they visited amusement park near from their school just to relieve stress. and also, Chanyeol had another reason why did he so over protecting Baekhyun these days. the seed that planted in Baekhyun's body could have given reaction everywhere, everytime.

 

EXO members who just arrived at the place where they wanted to meet Baekhyun, found out that he was with Chanyeol. they watched both of them from the window and stalk them quietly.

 

"I don't know since when these people were so close to each other... Chanyeol hasn't been here for three months though" D.O whispered, his fellow members just nodded and watching them carefully.

 

"Chanyeol, I don't want to go home yet." Baekhyun grabbing Chanyeol's shirt. the taller male turned his head and telling him that he was tired and need a rest, but suddenly Baekhyun gave him sad looks.

 

"I know it's silly, but Yeol, my heart says, you will gone forever soon... we will not meet again.." Baekhyun hid his face in Chanyeol's coat.

 

Chanyeol just smiled. "what are you talking about? we're still on the same ground. I'm still here, beside you."

 

Baekhyun shook his head and bit his lips. "no, not like thatI could feel the presence of people who were around me. Physically... we're few apart, but mentally... you're not in here..."

 

suddenly something has bombed him in his body. he couldn't say any word because what did Baekhyun say was true. he will gone sooner or later.

"hey, cheer up, okay?" Chanyeol took something from his bag and give it to Baekhyun. it was a Teddy Bear. a brown Teddy Bear, complete with the bow on it's head. Baekhyun smiled a bit, but he still felt bad for this.

"do you know, this Teddy could make noises if you press it's nose." Chanyeol handed him the fluffy doll to Baekhyun, command him to do what he says.

Baekhyun had no choice, he gave up and just do what Chanyeol wanted, but he very surprised when he heard the Teddy saying "I love you~ I love you~"

Baekhyun couldn't handle this anymore. he covering his mouth with his hands and his eyes suddenly became teary, but he still held his tears, because he don't want to cry no more. Chanyeol who knew it, instantly hugged Baekhyun tightly 'till there's no words to describe their love stories

 

EXO were silent after watching those touching scene from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. although they only watching from a distance, but they could feel the pain that came from these two human beings.

"Chanyeol sacrificed himself for the sake of Baekhyun." Lay came from nowhere and break the silence. the EXO members turned their head.

"what did you mean?" Xiumin asked as he realized his friend was disappear all day long.

Lay didn't answer him. he just focused his eyes on Chanyeol.

 

"...Chanyeol is a devil with clear soul, with angel heart..."

 

the curiosity is next to them already and they still didn't get what were Lay talking about. "tell me what is it." Suho grabbing by Lay's collar and forcing him to tell what's actually happened

Lay turned his head to facing Suho, his eyes were so wistful

"I have good news and bad news here. which one you guys want to hear first?" he asked and his teammate were voting for the good news. Lay took a deep breathe.

"so the good news is, Baekhyun's safe. he really safe from the dragon seed things. I had "transferred" it to someone's body by that forbidden way..."

their mouth hung open. "Really?!! Oh gosh! Baekhyun won't die?!"

"guys, don't forget I also have the bad news."

in seconds, they became quiet again. "so, what's the bad news?" Sehun asked

Lay's gaze turned blank.

"you know, if we cured Baekhyun with that way, Baekhyun have to kill the other's body his disease had been transferred to... and... Chanyeol wanted me to do it for Baekhyun... so– guys,"

they started to staring at each other.

Luhan spoke up. "it means, Baekhyun have to kill Chanyeol—?..."

"that's right. and do you realized it, I think Baekhyun started to like Chanyeol, and if he kills Chanyeol, it might as well he kill himself..."

 

 

 

 

 

I don't understand why God would let us meet, knowing that we could never be together....

 

 

 


comment replies!~

BANA_haewon - omg why am i a bad person T____T hurhurrr stop crying baby gurl /give you tissues/

fr_unicorn - unfortunately, it was the only one way  to heal bacon ;_; sorry

arroww - they can't, unless the person from both' side make an agreement and the won't break their vow ;_;

elenagheo - sorry honey but I just had to ;______; /runs/ omg why did kris's face popped out in your mind? XD

littledragonfruit - LOL IKR our leader is forever alone /sobs/ /give him tao/ sorry omg ;__; don't hate me ;___; /dying

senseirikku - yeah kris's such a stupid human being ;_;

eyethelaw - omg dont be sad ;____; /wipe your tears/

IshidaMichaelis - why did you screaming? XDD  omg really? im glad you can sense the romantic scene of them ;___; and you're welcome <3~ yeah leader-ahjusshi lol

storpelly - lol you want to burn kris? XD it'll be useless since he was a dragon and dragon's power were born from fire~ aaaaahhh you get the storyline ;___; omg yes yes, i wish he can, but sorry, i want to make kris as the "bad boy" here ;_;

hottest - eh? why are you speechless? ;u;

maaldreva - i will save him bb dont worry /fly to seoul/

seesstar - omg calm asdhksdskajdsl lololol 

Syifashin - i really hate him too omg sdkjfhkfdsf /jk i love him so much ;u;/ okay dont worry bb dont be sad okay /hand you tissue/

PierrotLuv - omg thankyou so much dkjfhdskjfsdkjfhsdkf hurrrr! lets kill kris together!

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - its ok its ok XD yeah panda nowadays dont like bamboos, they eat pizza /tao is those kind of panda lol/ wait you dont want to give me pizza too? ;u;

minheemk12  - i updated! ^____^

LoveYoona - oiiii i dont want to die yet sdjfhsdkjfhsdfs ;____; sobbsssss uhm then how if i make all the characters dies? LOL