19.

Love That Can't be United

As time passed, Baekhyun's hands became blackened and the physical condition of his body getting weakened. It could be difficult for him to breathe, walk and even sleep. He increasingly felt 'something' stuck in his heart. He often felt that 'something' was moving or stabbing his heart, and he had to endure the pain for the entire day.

 

It had been three days since Baekhyun was absent from the class and as usual, whenever Baekhyun was not in the class, the whole student body ignored Chanyeol as if he did not exist at the time. They respected Chanyeol only because of Baekhyun.

 

The rest of EXO wondered where Baekhyun was. He was never absent or played truant from school for such an extended period of time. Neither did Kris. It had been a week since he was absent from school. However, school was not important to him. If he wanted to, he would go to school. Otherwise, he would not attend.

 

The increasingly bitter quarrels and internal cliques among the eleven members proved their relationship to be tenuous and not as close anymore like it used to. They hoped that the fight between Kris and Baekhyun would improve, but they were wrong. The atmosphere between them became hotter, and they were not willing to greet each other anymore.

 

While his classmates were busy with their own business, Chanyeol just sat at his desk, staring at the blue sky in the windows and all the time looking at his mobile phone. He always stared at the same number and he seemed doubtful whether to click the 'call' button.

 

He would sigh and play with his phone on the table. His expression explained that he greatly missed someone so badly. Someone who was not supposed to take all the space in his mind, his feelings and his whole life.

 

He tried to clear his mind, but always failed. The 'drug' that could cure him was only Baekhyun. He really wanted to meet Baekhyun. He longed for a warm smile that crossed on his face. He missed the happy facial expression when they were walking together. He missed his beautiful voice. He missed Baekhyun.

 

After the bell rang, Chanyeol went to upstairs; a place where there was only the seniors or the last generation of the school. Lay, who was placing his belongings into his bag and was preparing to return home, was surprised when he was blocked by someone.

 

"Aren't you Chanyeol?" he asked. The taller male nodded and gave a quick response."Give me Baekhyun's address," he said.

 

Lay's face looked sceptical, but eventually he gave it to Chanyeol. After Chanyeol disappeared, Lay went to Suho's classroom and asked to accompany him to stalk Chanyeol.

 

"Why would I?" Suho just finished his assignment and closed his book.

 

"It'll be interesting," Lay answered. Without a second thought, Suho agreed. They both went trailing behind Chanyeol silently.

 


 

It was a little difficult for Chanyeol to find Baekhyun's home address because he had to board the train twice and walk for a long time from the station. But it was nothing, if it meant he could meet Baekhyun after that. He continued down the road and followed the directions from the address given by Lay without suspecting he was being tailed by two people.

 

"Read his mind, Suho," Lay whispered, pointing to Chanyeol. Suho went quiet and gave him a confused look before he finally smiled.

 

"He kept repeating Baekhyun and all I can see is Baekhyun's face," he said. "No need to worry. I feel he started to love your cousin."

 

"I’m not worried at all, but I just don't think EXO would approve them..." Lay answered.

 

Suho just looked at the sky.

 

"The sun began to show its light to the moon."

 

 

***

 

Chanyeol arrived at house number 34, with its all-white colour and neat painted fences. His mixed feelings forced him to press the bell. After a few minutes, someone looked out of the door and opened the gate for him. Baekhyun was here. He looked surprised when he realised Chanyeol was visiting him.

 

"C-Chanyeol…?" he said with a hoarse voice. He was very astonished, and so was Chanyeol because Baekhyun looked very different. He was very pale and weak.

 

"Are you okay? You were absent for three days," the taller male asked him, but he just nodded.

 

"I'm okay, I just feel so unwell these days. Do you want coffee? You must be tired." He invited Chanyeol in.

 

He made ​​him sit on the couch and went to the kitchen, though Chanyeol did not want coffee. Seeing Baekhyun and hearing his voice was all he needed for now. He felt so awkward and don't know how to say. What a , he shouted in his mind.

 

Not long after, Chanyeol heard the sound of glass breaking coming from the kitchen. He immediately ran to the source and found Baekhyun sitting on the floor. Both his hands were shaking hard and he looked so much in pain.

 

"Baekhyun?!" Chanyeol approached him and helped him to stand up slowly. "Be careful, I'll help you!" he grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and hung it around his neck but then Baekhyun screamed which made Chanyeol shocked.

 

"Chanyeol stop! It hurts..." Baekhyun bit his lower lip to resist the pain that came after the other male grabbed his hand.Chanyeol raised his eyebrows - why did Baekhyun feel hurt - but then he got the answer when he looked at Baekhyun's right hand blackened.

 

Baekhyun hid his hand after he realised Chanyeol saw it.

 

"Let me see," Chanyeol commanded but the shorter male shook his head. He did not want to. "I said let me see your hand." Chanyeol kept forcing him but Baekhyun kept refusing. 

 

"I'm afraid, Chanyeol. I'm afraid..." Baekhyun said with teary eyes which made Chanyeol feel he could not stand this anymore.

 

"What are you afraid of?" he asked softly and brushed his thumb on Baekhyun's cheek.

 

"As you see, my hand... and sometimes, I feel something had just 'moved' in my body... What should I do, Chanyeol..." he finally gave up and let the tears flow from his eyes. "I don't want to die yet..."

 

Chanyeol was unable to speak any words. He bowed his head and held Baekhyun's hands.

 

"There's carved dragon’s wings on my back already... The seed has grown in my body... I—I don't want this at all... It hurts so much, Chanyeol.... I don't want to die."

 

Chanyeol could not help but hug him tightly and rested his chin on Baekhyun's head while Baekhyun was trembling hard in his hug. "I'm sorry," he said. "It was my fault, sorry Baekhyun... I'm sorry..."

 

"It wasn't your fault.... it was Kris... and.... it was my fault too... because... I'm so weak..." Baekhyun whispered, sobbing while gripping on Chanyeol's shirt.

 

"I swear I will get a revenge on him! I swear! The one who should die is Kris! Not you!" he said and pulled Baekhyun closer.

 

Chanyeol broke their hug and stared at Baekhyun's teary eyes. "I am not letting you die..."

 

 

 

Because I love you

 

 

 

Chanyeol pressed his lips against Baekhyun. They kissed.

 


comment replies!~

baconforever - hi! thankyou so much >D

BearAlvin - no he loves me LOL

123exotics - we're on the same boat ;___; let's kill him. omg wait chanyeol love me ok stfu

yuuna92 - ikr, poor bacon ;_; uhm maybe? :P he just didn't realized it

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - really? omg i miss you too and your comments in every chapter /LOL/ <3 *hugs* lets punch him tgtr XD

littledragonfruit - it was fate okay :P kris always ruined baekyeol's love story /bomb him/ HERE LET ME LOVE YOU AND HUG YOU <333

BANA_haewon - yay i'd never see him as a boy to be honest /baekhyun is so girly in every way LOL/ wow thankyou so much ^^ author love you too ;_;

baecon - hello! thankyou i will try to always up to date ^^

senseirikku - yeah everybody knew he's such a heartless person /shoot kris/ and thankyou <3333 please always looking forward to the next chapter ^_^

milkyexoshinee - YAY /HIGH FIVE/ XD !!!