23.

Love That Can't be United

Baekhyun, I hope you get a happy life after this...

 

Forgive me but I must break our vow...

 

I will never regret what we have been through together

 

I'm so happy...

 

 

...That I met you...

 

 


 

"Chanyeol!!!" Baekhyun's scream echoed his bedroom where he uses it for sleep. his blanket fell to the floor and the circumstances at the time was a big mess. he gasped and panting hard. he tried to calm himself by patting his cheeks simultaneously. in fact, Baekhyun just had a nightmare. not a real nightmare though, but he dreamt about being separated with Chanyeol and found it super scary.

still with chaotic mind, he fell out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash his face. Baekhyun realized something when he faced himself in the mirror. the marks that drawn on his hands faded away, but another unusual sign appear around his neck.

Kris hyung, This is also your handwork? when will you want to stops hurt somebody else? he asked to himself

Baekhyun paused and walking back to his bedroom until something rather large which is located in the corner of the room caught his attention. a fluffy-brown thing with red ribbon laying down on the ground. it was the gift Chanyeol gave to him yesterday. a Teddy Bear.

he reached that doll, holds it on his arms and somehow chuckled to it.

he said, this thing would say "I Love You" whenever he misses me... is this even real?

Baekhyun just sighed. he put the teddy bear back to its place and rushed to take a shower because he have to school after this. without realizing that his teddy bear is actually blinking...

 

 

***

physical conditions that had been experienced by Baekhyun, now perceived by Chanyeol. he slowly weakened, and his hands were stiff. sometimes he tried so hard to move his upper body and had to cover the extraordinary pain that sometimes comes suddenly.

but the pain was getting worse every day. Lay sometimes had to meet Chanyeol secretly without the knowledge of others after school ends. they will talk about how long Chanyeol will survive or prepare a strategy to beat Kris.

EXO eventually also showed their caring attitude and respects towards the person who used to be called a "fire boy". they will insult Chanyeol if they knew him and Baekhyun are friends, but now it seems like they've fully supports the relationship between the two of them.

"is it fine?" Kai asked, when he managed to finish his job to covering Chanyeol hands with bandages. the taller male just nodded and thank him, then prepare to leave because he had another things to do.

before he stepped out from the school, D.O shouted out loud calling Chanyeol's name until Chanyeol turned his head.

"what?" he asked

"we trust you, please keep him well." D.O bent his back, followed by his friends.

Chanyeol who have never been received such that warm feelings, just smiled and waved his hand in the air, in order that he would try his best to keep Baekhyun away from Kris.

 

***

 

"why should Chanyeol have to offer his life? answer me!" Suho put a sword and pointed it at Kris's neck. he asking questions that shouldn't be known by anyone other than Kris himself. he just wanted to make sure the truth comes from Kris's mouth.

Kris holds the rod sword and tried to deflect it, but Suho just as strong as him.

"I want him to out of my face. Chanyeol offer his lives for Baekhyun, isn't it good? heh, he doesn't even cares at his own life-"

"BUT HE'S YOUR BROTHER!"

Suho's interruptions words made Kris silent.

"I knew it Kris, I knew it... from your deepest heart, I could see it, I could hear it... you love him. you only hates him for his past. but now, there's no reason for you to hate on Chanyeol anymore."

Kris snapped. he was freezing. his face was emotionless and he couldn't move.

Suho threw his sword on the floor and stepped closer to the taller male. "even though you two are not blood relatives, but you missed him. your brother instinct have been missed him because there's no communication between you two anymore"

seems like all what Suho said knock him down mentally.

"wake up, Kris. you've gone too far. nothing is born from hatred. so please, can you—AHKK!!"

Suho surprised. Blood poured out of his stomach and his mouth. Kris pierced Suho's belly even up to the back of his body with the sword that belongs to Suho, even before the shorter male can complete his words.

"hearing your voice makes me sick, dear Kim Junmyun." Kris whispered as he pull the sword and Suho immediately collapsed on the floor. he fall headlong in front of Kris. his mouth hung open and the blood kept flowing out of his body, until all parts covered with red color.

Kris laughed out loud because of a sense of satisfaction after hurting his friend who is now dying.

"you're so annoying for reading my mind. don't mess with me or you'll pay it." he said and threw the sword away, then changed his form into dragon body.

"next person, Byun Baekhyun." then Kris flew to the sky without looking at him.
 

now the dying Suho were in danger. he was trembling hard because of all the pain and he bleeding so much. he tried to get up and uses his telepathy mind to Luhan. to inform all members they should find Baekhyun....

 

 

****

 

"please- find Baekhyun... Kris desires him.. he intend to kill Baekhyun now... and- one of you-- I need..... help..... Luhan....."


 

"Suho?! Suho just communicating with me! guys!" Luhan shouted to gathered his friends.

"what did he say to you?" Chen asked. Luhan just shook his head. "I'm not sure. his voice was very low, but he asked for help, and he wants us to find Baekhyun!"

"guys, go after Baekhyun. I'm going to see Suho. please be safe." Lay commanded them and in seconds, they were scattered.

Lay uses his sense of smell to locate the presence of Suho, but the only thing he could figure was a very sharp smell of blood. bad feelings were haunted him...

 

***

 

"what happened with that?" when Baekhyun asked and pointed at both Chanyeol's wrists. Chanyeol shook his head. he simply answered, "was exposed to hot water." and looking for other topics as soon as possible to avoid any questions that might be asked Baekhyun.

"um, do you like it?" Chanyeol asked. they were in their way to back home. he slowly get himself closer to Baekhyun and tried to reach Baekhyun's shoulder but he always doubt to do it.

"like what?" Baekhyun asked back. the innocent look he gave to Chanyeol just made his heart beating faster than before.

"my gift." Chanyeol quickly answered

Baekhyun slightly smiled "I liked it, Chanyeol. I'm so happy. thank you so much for this one but, I never give you anything..."

Chanyeol turned his head. "what are you saying? you don't have to give me a thing."

but Baekhyun still feel guilty for not giving anything to Chanyeol. "Chanyeol.. I—I don't know how to say this.. I don't need an answer either, but I just want you to know- that I—"

Chanyeol tilted his head, he waiting patiently for Baekhyun while the shorter male was having hard time with his words.

"Chanyeol, I lik..."

suddenly, a winged creature carries Baekhyun away and cut his words that still unresolved.

"say goodbye to your princess, Chanyeol!" Kris kidnapped him and covered Baekhyun's mouth with his hands so he couldn't speak

"KRIS!! YOU JERK!!!!!" Chanyeol ran after them and Phoenix's wings popped out from his back

Baekhyun also struggled hard from Kris to detach himself, "Chanyeol!!!" he held out his hand, hoping Chanyeol could catch him and saved his life but Kris flew so fast.

 

 

"BAEKHYUNNNN!!!!"

 

 

 

"CHANYEOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

hey, If I could live my life all over again,

I'd make sure I met you sooner so we could be in love longer

 

 

 


comment replies!

puffpuff1312 - odont hate me please ;A;; eh thankyou, yes i do know what  you mean ;u; <33333 omg I LOVE YOU TOO <3333

BANA_haewon - dont fainttttttt ;u;

littledragonfruit - eh why r u crying? little baby psh LOL JK JK <333 do something? like what? :P

elenagheo - should i? shouldnt i? OuO can i kill kris?

justkpoplover - sorry ;u; but i just had to

5a8ina - thankyou so much im dying in happiness right now :'))

maaldreva - ikr chanyeol such a nice boy ;w; that kid /sobs/ thankyou so much :"D

seesstar - bc chanyeol wants to protect his lovely bacon k ;3;

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - omfg ILY TOO OKAY ;U; aiyaaaayy <333 pizza with baekyeol topping /LOL

mochiiimin - i hate him too /ofc in this fic mhahahahaha/ ikr poor baekyeol poor their relationship ;u;

fr_unicorn - maybe? maybe not? :P eheheh yep lay is kris's ex~ okidoki ^ ^

storpelly - yep BINGO for no happy ending LOL. uh i think lay and suho will get their own parts lataa~ :3 pls always anticipated for the next chapter ^ ^

arroww - /gives you tissues/

Syifashin - dont cry uh bb girl ;u; uhm, miracle for baekyeol? maybe yes maybe not, mhahahahahaha!

hanadylaila  - lets throw some stones at kris too

ShinShinChannie  - i am very sorry im so busy this week i hope you guys can understand ;___;  

 

chanyeol touched baekhyun's s