21.

Love That Can't be United

“I will be leaving EXO too,” Suho said, full of confidence in his final decision of him that surprised Kris.

"What, what did you say earlier, Kim Joonmyun?"  Kris turned his head. The use of his full name was a sign that Kris was about to “turn on his fire” soon or he was ready to start a war. But no, Suho wasn’t daunted or scared at all. He knew Kris even when EXO had not existed yet.

Nothing else needs to be maintained for now. Your bad character was so outrageous that you even disturbed others. Chanyeol is better than you.”

 

Chanyeol is better than you

 

 

Chanyeol is better than you.

 

 

HE IS BETTER THAN YOU.

 

 

Suho's words just reminded Kris of the memories that he had buried, the memories that made ​​him hate Chanyeol his whole life now being resurfaced by his own friend.

“Repeat those words and I will cut off your head,” Kris threatened as he made the first move to challenge Suho but a door opened and bunch of kids appeared in front of them. EXO, excluding Lay and Baekhyun.

“We’re on your side, Suho hyung,” Luhan, who led them as the co-captain of EXO suddenly shouted and ran over Suho, followed by his friends. Their expressions were just as serious as Kris’s. Suho, who was still surprised, just kept quiet but his other half smiled because his friends were already knew who the real devil was here.

“We know it all. We can’t trust that person anymore.”  The kids were blocking Suho and being his shield. “We are all leaving EXO,” they said, not missing the cold glare Kris gave to them.

 

Kris was not amused but he was quite surprised because so far no one dared argued with him or disobey his orders. He was paying attention now after hearing his kids were leaving him one by one.

 

“So you guys prefer to leave me and move to Chanyeol’s side? Look who’s the betrayer here.” The smirk full of hatred appeared on Kris's face.

 

Chen’s narrowed eyes and suspicious glance clearly told him that he was angry. “At least a betrayer is preferable to a murderer.”

 

Kris snapped. He just laughed at them eventhough he was being cornered. The room suddenly was full and filled with so many negative auras that came out from each person and their abilities. Water, wind, fire –  all elements were being mixed into one.

 

“…so don’t blame me if something happened with Baekhyun," Kris replied as he changed his body into Dragon form, flying out through the crack in the window and into the sky as fast as he could.

 

The bunch of kids who were still in the classroom were now staring at one another. They knew what Kris was looking for.

 

"Baekhyun!!!!"

 

 

***

 

 

“Please, can’t you do anything?! You’re a healer! ing only healer here and I know this damn disease can be cured!” Chanyeol hit a table and kicked it. He couldn't stand it; it was driving him crazy.

Lay, with glasses on and still reading bunch of books, just gave him the same answer as the previous one. “It can’t be cured.”

Chanyeol kept forcing him to continue to search and search another way, no matter how long it took. They must get the results that same day. If only a book, no, a word from these pages gave Lay a clue, he might solve the problem.

“I’m still looking for it… and these books give me nothing.” Lay took out his glasses and put it on his pocket, sighing. Chanyeol just groaned and messed his hair with his hands, his face never so filled with despair as of then.

“I’m frustrated already…” he said as he looked down to the ground. He was in mental anguish. “I can’t… that disease will become worse and Baekhyun—” Lay, who noticed the name slip, stood up from his seat and patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Be honest with me. Do you love him..?  It's okay to tell me everything about that kid, because he's my cousin,” the older male asked with soft tone as he understood Chanyeol’s position. Chanyeol suddenly felt that his heart was too heavy for his chest. He couldn’t describe it or say aloud whether he loved him or just cared about him as a “friend”. Or maybe more than “friend”.

 

“Nothing will ever be born from a fire…” Chanyeol replied, “But, if there’s something I can do for Baekhyun...”

 

He paused for a moment and Lay patiently waited for him. “If there’s something that can make Baekhyun’s life a little longer – everything, I would doing everything. For him.” He grabbed Lay’s shirt, begging him if there was a miracle from God.

He wanted to tell Lay how he felt, but he was too scared. Scared of being hurt again, scared of Baekhyun not feeling the same or scared of falling harder because he loved Baekhyun too deeply. He was too scared if later he would lose his first and last.

 

“I still can’t explain it, but… but he is the only reason to keep me alive. He is the reason for me to fight for. He is my everything. I don't know when that feeling came but he's starting to become a very important treasure to me…” Chanyeol felt the urge to get out after the words he said, because the emotions he had were intense. He felt like he was about to explode.

 

 

You love him, stupid bastard Chanyeol. You love him. Lay silently shouted on his mind.

 

 

“You said he’s your everything and you would do anything for him, didn’t you?” Lay walked out and back to his seat.

 

“Anything for him! Yes I would!” Chanyeol got up and his face expression changed, becoming a little happier.

 

Lay was looking for something in his bag and took out a little book that appeared to contain a spell or concoction. The book was written in the ancient language that Chanyeol did not know the meaning of at all. He was wondering what Lay would do with that book and he doubted that thing would be useful to him or not.

 

"I don't know how to say this–" Lay started, "...but it's pretty dangerous." His shoulders were sagged, like a heavy weight was pressing against his back. His face changed and his voice tone became throaty.

 

“Just please…” Chanyeol whispered.

 

“Chanyeol listen to me, a small thing would require a great sacrifice. You should prepare yourself for this,” he replied.

It looked like Chanyeol was ready, though he didn't know what Lay was talking about. "I will, and always ready for all the consequences."

 

Lay just sighed. He opened to the first page and read the sentences. "This book says; You have to make a bond or a vow. This vow should not be violated or changed because it involves the safety of the entire population of the earth."

 

Chanyeol nodded. He listened to Lay very carefully. "Just that?"

 

It's just the opening, we haven’t finished yet." Lay continued to turn to the second page. He read the sentences first and looked up at Chanyeol. "How simple. This disease cannot be cured but it can be "transferred" to another person's body through the agreement. The tools we need are only your blood and Baekhyun photo."

 

"Really?!" Chanyeol stood up. "Then transfer that damn thing to my body! Just hurry up and Baekhyun will be safe!" His eyes were shining and he was relieved, but Lay's face showed him a very different behaviour than he imagined. Lay didn’t look so happy at all.

 

"–but, it might hurt you."

 

The taller male’s lips parted, to show he was surprised. “Hurt me? Why?”

 

Lay gulped and took off his glasses. “It is written here, the original sufferer of "dragon seed disease" has to kill the other's body his disease had been transferred to, by firing an arrow right through its heart.

 

“What did you mean? Arrow?” Chanyeol faced him but Lay was unable to meet Chanyeol’s eyes because he was too afraid to explain.

 

“Because "the seed" will be always chasing Baekhyun, so after we do the ritual, Baekhyun has to kill you later by firing an arrow through your heart. He has to kill you by his own hand,” he said.

Chanyeol walked backwards. He was in disbelief.

 

“What..? Why must it be Baekhyun…? What if another person does it for him, maybe you, to fire an arrow to me for Baekhyun–?” he asked, trembling.

 

“I'm sorry Chanyeol, but it's useless for me because you can't die if it isn't Baekhyun. If Baekhyun won’t do that, then he broke his vow.”

 

 

 

 

The end of the revolution awaits us

 

 

"Maybe I'll die by your hands. But you're also going to die, by Baekhyun's hands." 

 

 

 

 

"Damnit! This is what Kris was anticipating !!!!"

 

 

 


comment replies!~

baconforever - he better not ;_;

veenago21 - /holds your hands tightly/

eXobum12 - lets drown kris in the beach >D

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - panda nowadays doesn't eat bamboos ok they'd like to eat pizza lol XD yeah i was planning to~

teentothetop - he didn't :P yeah bacon's safe~

fr_unicorn - omg calm XDD lmao tao was busy cheated on him with sehun yup i'll try to update as soon as possible ^__^

littledragonfruit - omg wae ;A; nooooo!~ uhm sure i can, "plot twist: kris forgot about his revenge to yeol and all members live happily ever after" lol. you admire me? is that a praise or what? /giggles/

maaldreva - but tao was busy playing with sehun :P yup he's safe >DD eheheh

yuuna92 - yeah they'll make a decision like that grandpa too~ heheheheh

iD0ntKn0w - yeaaaaahhh bacon's safe because...... :D yeol pfftt.

storpelly - nooo suho didn't betray baekhyun but he betrayed kris and leaving exo was his decision to move from kris's side to baekyeol's side :D thankyou so much TT^TT

senseirikku - he was very meanie~ ;_; allright pls wait for the next chapter eheheheh

Syifashin = wow i smell a shawol was here lol xD nope bb, sorry but i want to make a sad one ;_; yeah you should XD

IshidaMichaelis - you're always welcome ^___^ im the one who should thanking you okay cus u always be there for me ;__; yessss that ahjusshi will do something big along together w/ lay XD

Xiuyebaek - yay ^___^ <333 if kris eat them then it would be end here ;_;

flame_ems - sorry ;A; i have school too and so much assignments to do and since i worked on this story together with my friend ( kyu5671 ) and both of us were busy with school thingy so i think we will be late a bit for couple weeks ;_; i hope you guys understands ;____; sorry

baecon - lets burn him

BANA_haewon - stop saying those touching words i can cry ;__; thankyou so much ;_;

eyethelaw - #prayforbaekhyun lol yeah and we should blame kris for this all