Chapter 3

Later

Inside a dim lit room, laid Ella who was thinking and reflecting on whatever happened today. It all started the day when she got drunk that he took her in. She never wanted to have an encounter with him right after what happened and neither did she know what would happen today. For God only knows what’s fated to happen, all though it’s clear to all of us, that we, ourselves, create our very own lives.

She sulked in her room, crying with a pillow stuck to her face. It was always like this—always that she had to stick in this position the months right after their break up a few years back. She never wanted to feel this way—she never wanted to get hurt. She never wanted to be the one who will just give necessities to him. She never wanted to be misunderstood, to feel unloved, but exactly the opposite thing to that.

Her phone is ringing.

You may think that in a way, she may be selfish, but she knows that she’s just thinking of the right thing and that, indeed, she is not being fake. She’s just a girl who aims to love and be loved by people around her, but the whole world just couldn’t seem to understand.

A few more minutes, she noticed her phone ringing. She looked at the caller ID and found out that it was indeed her friend, Jiro, keeping track of her.

“Wei, Ella!” Jiro greeted in exclamation. “How are you?” He asked her with his voice all caring and sweet.

“I’m fine.” Ella assured him, sniffing off the last set of fresh tears that managed to escape, yet again her resistance to.

“Hebe, stop it!” Jiro exclaimed, trying to escape his sister’s wrath. “You know what, Elle…” He whispered. “If it weren’t for Hebe, I wouldn’t have called you.”

“I know.” Ella fit out a laugh and heard a doorbell on the other line. “Who is it?”

“Let me get it for a while. Hang on!” He exclaimed and went towards the door to see who the visitor was with Hebe trailing behind him and kicking his guts off after she just found out that Jiro let her friend, Ella get drunk and walk home alone.

Jiro’s jaw dropped upon seeing who just arrived. He immediately opened the door for her and let her in, ignoring what her sister, Hebe has to say. “Can I call you later?” He asked Ella.

“Sure.” Ella replied. “But tell me who it is first, or else—“

“Jade!” Jiro, on the other line greeted Jade and hugged her immediately. “I missed you!” He paused and let her have the chance to talk.

“I’m fine.” Jade replied.

“So am I.” Jiro looked at her from top to toe with a cheesy grin on his face. “Elle?” He attempted to call Ella from the other line, who seemed to just disappear in a blink of an eye. All Jiro could hear now are loud beeps and *toots* from the phone.

(Author’s note: Hahas! Sorry for the *toots* thing. That’s just how I’m defining the sound from the telephone when someone hang you up already.)

“Who’s Elle?” Jade asked in frustration as she crossed her arms and glared at Jiro.

“Look who’s jealous.” Jiro teased Jade and put his arms around her.

“Guess what, Jade…” Hebe smirked upon seeing Jiro’s action and paused. “He just dumped you for my best friend, Ella Chen!” Right after that, Jade furrowed her eyebrows even more at him as if attempting to ask him what the real truth is.

“Wei!” Jiro exclaimed and examined Jade’s face as if he’s assuming that right now, she’s going insane for thinking that he just dumped her. “There’s nothing between Ella and I!”

“Oh, really?” Hebe even more as she crossed her arms and smirked at Jiro.

“Really!” Jiro exclaimed and raised his free hand right in front of Jade’s face as if he was doing some kind of pledge or commitment towards her.

Jade just laughed upon seeing the childishness of the siblings and couldn’t care less about what they were currently doing. Of course she knows that Jiro loves her and that no one could ever take her place or else…

!@#$%^&*

Ella couldn’t do anything anymore. Right at this moment in time, she knows she can’t bother her fellow friends and bug them about what pain she’s feeling right now. In her mind, only she could think that they have their own lives and don’t have time for her. Instead, to keep her self sane, she opened the upper most drawer towering just beside her bed and lifted up what looked like a box.

When she opened it, unstoppable tears rolled down her cheeks immediately. She cupped and managed to let out a hiccup from her sudden outrage of fresh tears. In her vision, right at this moment in time, what she could see now are pictures from the past. Pictures from the past, which she assumes wouldn’t happen anytime anymore. That would remain memories, until the time she leaves this world.

!@#$%^&*

On the other hand, Chun did the same thing and locked himself up in his room the minute he got home. He, himself could hardly believe that the girl who he assumes that he loved in the past, still has half his heart. But why would it be called ‘loved’, if Ella still has half of him?

The day they broke up, as he can recall, was the worst day of his life. Though, he didn’t really take it to heart that time for he thought that she was just playing some kind of joke. Little did he know that what made her break up with him is his innocent and foolish character that doesn’t seem to get what she really feels. It’s true. What she said the other day was true. That when she starts crying, he could only feel awkward. He wouldn’t even bother to ask her about her problem and why she’s crying. In short, he doesn’t know how to understand what one feels and most especially, what she feels those exact and old days when they used to be together.