Chapter 20

Later

Our love is endless, it’s immeasurable
No matter where you are…
Even in the deep recesses and depths of the ocean
I’ll find you;

!@#$%^&*

“Ella,” He hogged the pillow right beside him, thinking that it was her. He rolled on the bed back and forth and then again, and noticed that she was no where to be found. On the bed. With him. He quickly sat up straight on his bed and looked for signs of her everywhere, but there was none. He looked at the bedside cabinet—not even a letter.

He hurriedly jumped off bed and scavenged for whatever clothing he can take from his closet. He was so worn out, so worried. Knowing her, she would most likely think about leaving again and that’s what exactly is running on his mind. He checked the bathroom, the two guest rooms, the kitchen and the living room, yet there was still no sign of her.

He didn’t care how he looked like, even if his hair is all messed up, he still ran down to the streets in search for her. He was so devastated, he gulped hardly and prevented the tears that were certainly about to fall from his innocent-looking eyes. Just last night, they were enjoying themselves—making love to each other. And in a blink of an eye, she’s gone and she didn’t even warn him. All he knew was that she trusted him once again. All he knew was that he would never leave her again, but his knowledge that she’d run away once again never came upon his mind. He was so taken aback of whatever just happened last night, he even was doubting whether or not what happened really occurred.

He, with heavy steps and swollen eyes walked back to his home. “Why did you have to leave me again?” He asked no one in particular, crouching down and leaning on the cold cemented wall of the living room. He stood up once again and started throwing things to no one in particular. He thought of his mobile phone—the last thing he could, in hope, has to be able to find her.

Almost slipping to the slippery staircase, he still managed to get up and go onwards to his room just to get his phone. He scrolled down the received calls, because he hasn’t yet saved her number and called.

!@#$%^&*

She got back to the house she resided with Hebe. It was quite unusual for she isn’t home yet at this time of day, but she’s thinking that maybe, just maybe… she’s got a love life already and that thought alone made her smile, even just a little bit.

She’s decided where she’s to run to. She threw her luggage resting on top of the cabinets and hogged all her clothes unto the bed. She was going to run away, somewhere far, to someone who she hasn’t seen for ages ago and have cut ties with her. And where is this place, you ask? A country in Central America bordered by Mexico to the north and west, the Pacific Ocean to the south west, Belize and Caribbean to the northeast, and Honduras and El Salvador to the southeast. Only one place, it is—Guatemala. Somewhere she once called home. It’s where people who lived there don’t know about her. In there, she could live such peaceful life without the fear of having to have to hide from Chun. Only that she was problematic. Is the person she’s referring to still there? Is he even still alive? And if he is, would he let her in even though they’ve cut ties?

She reserved her passport and placed it on top of a pillow as she folded neatly her clothes and piled them up on either side of the opened luggage.

She wiped a tear or two, constantly thinking of thoughts of him. She looked at her mobile phone and sighed, because she badly wanted to take of the sim card and replace it with a new one just so people would mind and find her. She was so ready to shut her mobile phone and give it some rest from the years she spent her whole life with it. She looked at her wallpaper for the last time—a picture of him, sleeping soundly when she woke up before him just lately.

She was sobbing lightly, telling and asking herself why she had to leave him. And then a familiar tone journeyed its way to her ears—her ring tone. Someone was calling and she didn’t know if she should answer it, but she did—accidental wise and placed it against her ears.

The first thing she heard was the huffing and puffing of air, and then the of lips until the person on the other line spoke…

“Ella,” It was Chun. “I know you’re there,” He paused shortly and heaved out a sigh. “I miss you already; I want you to come back.” He sobbed lightly that made her as well. “I-I still have so many things to say to you,” He stuttered slightly until she rooted the phone to loud speaker, “…do with you and all of the above. I don’t know why you chose to leave me once again. Maybe it’s because everyone’s against us, I don’t know.” He paused again and thumbed the tears that were forming on either side of his eyes. “Don’t live in the past, Elle…, because it’s all over and I want you to move on. With. Me. I’m willing to do anything. For. You. I’d quit my job, I’d cut ties with my parents. Just. Please. Come back. To. Me.” He was gulping nonstop now, biting his inner cheek, trying to prevent himself from crying.

On the other hand, she sobbed continuously with him clearly hearing it. “I love him, I love you, I love you so much.” She thought and bit her lower lip, although it could never escape and tell him.

“All of me, Elle. I still love you. Wholeheartedly, I still do. If you won’t come back, I’d rather die.” Her eyes widened in fear upon hearing what he just said. “Seriously, I would.” He was really threatening her now, making her be tempted and run back to him.

There was a long pause.

“I still remember the time you told me that…” He paused. “You want a dozen kids from me,” He chuckled lightly. “No, I mean, three to five, right?” He paused again. “Under one roof, we’d create a family. Just please, I’m begging you,” His voice was gradually increasing now. “Come back to me!” It was almost like a command, until he settled down yet again and fixed his voice. “Wherever you go, I’ll be just behind your back, watching every move you make. And if you’re planning to leave, which I’m exactly thinking about that you would, don’t try.”

She blinked back the tears. Now, she doesn’t know what to do anymore. She laid down on her back, still listening to his voice.

“I love you and I’ll never let you go now that I have you once again,” He quickly slipped the words, until the countdown on his phone turned to 0 and the call was over. Yes, there was some kind of countdown on his phone depending on his balance.