Chapter 22

Later

“Hebe, I still have matters to attend to.” Ella stood up from her seat.

“Fine, fine!” Hebe exclaimed. “But before you go, do you, by any chance, know someone who’s blood type is O?”

“Why the sudden ask?” Ella asked out in confusion.

“I forgot to tell you,” Hebe uttered. “There’s one month day-off for you. The shop was some kind of shoot up with the gun event that happened two days ago.”

“Are you hurt or something?” Ella asked in pure worry and held her best friends shoulders firmly.

“No,” Hebe truthfully responded. “But I really do have to save someone’s life for now. So if you’ll excuse me and you don’t have the blood type I’m referring to, please step out of the way.” With that, Hebe left the venue and resumed her work of finding blood donors.

Ella heaved out a sigh yet again and thought, “Good thing she hasn’t seen the luggage yet, in case I have a change of plans and push through to Guatemala.” With that, she paced up the steps to her room, grabbed a few clothes and took-a-bath to rinse away her body from sensual stuff.

After that, she dressed herself up immediately and took a cab to his, Chun’s place.

!@#$%^&*

Chun was busy, drowning himself once again with buckets and buckets of liquor. He was in fact not joking when he told her that he’d kill himself. Laid aside around him was a piece of rope, a knife. He was currently playing with the knife, treating it as if it were a hula hoop and as if he were twirling a ball pen in hand. He’s thrown his cell phone right in front of him forcefully, almost crushing it to pieces.

On the other hand, she was trying to contact his mobile phone. He was trying to reach him, to be able to know if ever he’s home. “Chun, please answer.” She was biting her inner cheek, biting her finger nails a little as she arrived right in front of his house. And without any more second thoughts, she knocked on his front door, but no one’s answering. She attempted to twist the doorknob open and then it did.

She found out that his house was all in a mess. Everything was misplaced. She rushed over him who was only right in front of the door, almost tripping over the crushed cell phone. “You’re crazy!” She exclaimed, patting her cheeks gently. “Wake up, you geezer!” She exclaimed as uncontrollable tears fell down from her face.

“Ella,” He spoke softly and her tear-stained cheeks. “I thought you’ve left me.”

“Yes, I did, a little later.” She ran a hand through his messy jet-black hair and kissed his forehead. “But I’m back now, right?”

“Why are you back then?” Drunkenness could be easily read from his voice as he reached out for another bottle of liquor once again, but she could only slap his hands away and sway her right hand on his left cheek and slapped him.

“Can you stop it!?” Just seeing how devastated he was made her want to be as well, but she knew she had to be strong. For. Him. She needed to stop all these insane actions that he’s doing, even if it meant for her to slap him across the face. You see, because of so much love, she’s learned to slap the person she loves. “Sorry,” She quickly uttered out and examined him from head to toe just to see if he has any more injuries.

“You shouldn’t be,” Chun reiterated and cupped her cheeks alongside slamming his lips unto hers. He certainly didn’t mind whether or not he was just slapped. He knew that it was all out of love.

She checked his temperature with the back of her hands and pulled away from the kiss as she carefully dragged his heavy self to the sofa. She stood up yet again, only to be pulled back on his chest. “Don’t leave me. Tell me you’re promising that you’re not—ever again!”

She messed up his hair and hugged him as tight as she could as she sat on the ground with her facing him, “I’m not. I promise you, baby. We’re going to face anything together, yeah?” She asked him, returning to her fragile state as she cried and tousled his hair.

“Can you not go?” He requested, sitting up right on the sofa.

She could only look at him with tears forming right at the corner of his eyes. She saw fear in those innocent-looking eyes. Fear that she might leave once again. He didn’t want that, never did he. It’s just that in the past, it was easier to let go, but now that he has her once again, he won’t let go.

“I’m afraid that you’d leave me once again,” He said, and pulled her down to his lap.

She turned her head to face him and then thumbed away his tears, stared right through his eyes and crushed her lips to his. She didn’t care whether he smelled as that of liquor, for it didn’t really matter.

He could only secure his arms around her waist, holding her tighter. On the other hand, she could only snake her arms around his neck and hug him as tight as he could, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, lip locked with him. She cried out all of a sudden, soaking wet his clothes. She cried because she regretted that she left him. She cried out loud for seeing him like this all because of her. But she won’t let go anymore. Just like how he told her that he wouldn’t.