Chapter 24

Later

In a nick of time, Ella woke up and immediately sat up straight on the couch she just slept on. She looked around and noticed that he was still sleeping with an uncomfortable position, so she pulled him back down the couch even if it took up most of her energy and then tucked him with the blanket that he put over her a while ago. She bent down a little bit, kissed him on the cheek and greeted him a good afternoon in a whisper.

She looked at the wall clock that read one o’clock in the afternoon. An hour’s passed by and they haven’t eaten their lunch, so Ella decided to cook and immediately got out the necessary ingredients from the refrigerator to defrost and to make arrangements with.

She then carefully cut the cutlery’s, constantly wiping the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. “Ow,” She whined in pain when she accidentally inflicted on her flesh a not-so deep cut. But still, it was painful and it bled. And it made him worry.

Just in time, when she turned around, she met his mesmerizing eyes, examining worriedly the cut on her finger. “Are you okay?” He kissed her finger that continuously throbbed in pain.

“I’m fine,” She nodded.

“I’ll be the one to cook, you rest first.” He commanded. “The bandages are at the upper cabinet upstairs, okay?”

She nodded and paced her steps up to their bedroom.

.

“That reminds me,” Chun thought. “After we go to Green Grass Lake, let’s go fetch your clothes?”

“What makes you think I’ll leave in with you without the permission of law?” She rose up a brow at him with a cheeky grin on her face.

“Ella, I’ll ask you to marry me someday.” He assured her and smiled, “We just need more time. You understand that, right?”

“Right!” She exclaimed. “I don’t want to be married too soon, anyway.” She chewed the lasts of her food and surrendered. “Let’s go enjoy youth.” He looked rather puzzled by what she just said, but he didn’t mind.

He stood up from his seat, pushed her chair a little bit to the back, offered his hand to hers and nodded, and hand in hand they went up the room to change to the proper attire.

Ella wore a gray dress-like shirt that stopped three inches right her upper knees and white pants with white ballet flats. Not to forget her scarf that had color green, orange, and grayish white blends wrapped around her neck.

On the other hand, Chun wore a white shirt paired with beige pants, rubber shoes with white string laces and an orange belt. And to top all those off, his green scarf that had random letters.

.

They laughed, they had fun. They made their time worth it and timeless. They journeyed to Green Grass Lake with smiles on their faces, spending the whole day together. They missed being like this, they missed their youth that was way back then even before they met.

“Help me with this!” Ella exclaimed, trying to take control of her kite that was getting the threads tangled. She envied Chun who was having fun with his kite, soar it in the sky way higher than hers, while she was taking so much time taking control of her kite.

It was indeed a nice timing for flying kites for it was windy day. A little later on, she surrendered and sat down the flower bed that formed in the grass, still holding onto her kite in hope that it would just go with the flow with her.

He immediately took notice of her disappearance just beside him and looked around only to find her seating on the flower bed, enjoying the cool breeze. He went beside her and took a seat, leaving his kite in the open.

When she opened her eyes, she saw his kite flying off to who knows where and frowned. “It’s gone, just like that; gone with the wind. What if I leave just like how the kite flew away from you?”

“You wouldn’t do that again,” Chun reiterated and let her own kite fly away as well by loosening her grip on it.

For a few minutes, they sat like that, staring off to the two kites that would journey together in the skies.

“They’ll soar together,” He looked at her and brushed away the messy leaves, making her hair look like a nest. “Wherever possible the other one goes, the other will follow.”

“Chun…” She looked back at him. “I love you,” She pulled his shirt nearest to her and brushed her lips past his.

For once, they felt so much freedom in their hands. Away from the threats of the people who attempted to break them apart. There was so much love, so much yearning, so much affection that they felt towards one another. They did what other couples do normally. They walked hand in hand in the nearby park, ate ice cream and played in the swing. It might look childish, but that’s how they are. That’s how they’re personality and nature is.

!@#$%^&*

In the nick of time, Delilah successfully found out where her son’s address is. Hsin-chu is a small town, so she didn’t have much problem to find where a man named Wu Chun lived.

She pushed the breaks of her car immediately and parked the car in the driveway, arriving at his secret residence.

She door belled a couple of times, but no one seems to be opening the door.

!@#$%^&*

On the other hand, they went back to Hebe’s in a hurry, and did what was necessary. They didn't need to go worry, because her luggage was still there and then they immediately rushed home. Only to meet a familiar figure—someone who Ella’s been dreading, someone who Chun would rather not have as her foster mother. Delilah.