Chapter 23

Later

After days of seeking for a blood type O donor, Hebe finally gave up. It was never easy to start with. Most especially that she wasn’t in any way related to Arron Yan. She never knows why all of a sudden she’ll just find herself in a situation where in she’s already helping a damsel in distress.

Hebe felt a hand tap her shoulder. Twirling herself immediately to be able to know what the person wants from her, she saw a plump nurse standing right in front of her.

“Ms. Tien?” The nurse’s tone was rather asking her.

“What is it?” She blinked her eyes a couple of times and scratched her eyes, because of oblivious tiredness and asked the nurse back in question.

“We’re just here to inform you that we’ve received a couple of responses from the Red Cross,” The nurse announced. “Recently, a man named Mike He volunteered to donate blood.”

“Oh, thank God!” Hebe slapped her forehead and sighed deep in relief of not having to find and spare her precious time just needing to find Arron a blood donor. “But wait,” Hebe stopped midway and yawned. “Did he say the reason why? I mean, donors should have a reason, right?”

“He didn’t say anything, miss.” The nurse shook her head in disapproval.

“Thank you,” Hebe bowed down politely as the nurse exited the scene.

!@#$%^&*

Delilah, Chun’s step mother entered the office and found out that her step son wasn’t there. She was raging with fury, turning to every file found in his office desk and immediately found out that he hasn’t been working for about a three weeks or so now. She didn’t even see him on Charlene’s wake, which made their family even more embarrassed because of his unthought-of actions. She hurriedly stepped out of his office, and then looked around for Chun’s secretary, but she or rather he was no where to be found either.

“Who’s seen Chun?” She asked his employees who just shook their head that they haven’t.

“Ma’am,” A petite girl approached her and bowed down immediately, knowing that she is already. “Sorry, I’m late.”

“Michelle, how many times do I tell you not to be late?” She then took hold of Michelle’s wrists and pulled her towards Chun’s office that kept the others murmuring how strict Delilah was. “You know that the company’s share stocks are decreasing, do you know where the Chairman is?”

“Mr. Wu hasn’t been around for at least a week or so,” Michelle reiterated.

“What!?” Delilah furrowed her eyebrows and stood still, fuming with anger. “Call me when he contacts you.” With that, she stormed out of the room, attempting to find her step son.

.

“Do you know where your son is?” Delilah asked Jacky, Chun’s father.

“I don’t know,” Jacky shook his head. “Just give him some time to recuperate some more.”

“The company’s shares and stocks are going down, Jacky!” Delilah exclaimed. “And you expect me to at least wait a little more while for Chun to recuperate when in fact he has no reasons as to why he is to recuperate?”

“I don’t know what your problem here is, Delilah.” Jacky looked up. “Ever since we exited Show Chwan hospital, you’ve been whining a lot of non sense lately.”

“I’m not whining about non sense, I saw him with a girl.” Delilah reiterated.

“What’s the point? As if it’s such a big deal. Delilah, my son is old enough to decide what he wants.” Jacky was really getting tired now, he didn’t want further arguments so he immediately quitted whatever he was doing and stormed out of the office.

.

“Mike,” Delilah called out to the closest friend his son has in the office as he entered the office. “Do you know where Chun is?”

“Sorry Mrs. Wu, but I don’t,” Mike replied, making his way out of the conversation.

“That reminds me,” Delilah rose up a brow. “Are your injuries fine already? We don’t accept crippled workers, you know that.”

“I’m fine,” He immediately shot out a reply. “But if you really insist on finding your son, he must be in Hsin-chu. I don’t know where in particular, but just asking people would do you good.” With that, Mike walked off and settled down his things on his office desk to start working.

!@#$%^&*

“I’m really so sorry for walking out on you,” For the hundredth time in the week, Ella apologized and hugged Chun who was busying himself and laughing his off just because he was watching some entertainment shows on the television. “You seem entertained,” She looked up at him, not receiving any reply.

“TV shows won’t entertain me as much as you do,” He immediately shut the TV off and tousled her hair with a big grin on his face.

“You ignored my first statement,” She pouted.

“But I’ve replied to it for the hundredth time in the week,” He smirked.

“You said that you wouldn’t get tired of me,” She said. “Are you walking back on your words?” She asked, and tossed her head down onto his lap, her feet dangling on the edge of the couch.

“No, of course not,” He smiled, a smile so sincere, certainly meaning that he isn’t walking back on his words. “So much has happened for the past few days, you know?”

She could only agree and hum ‘yes’, closing her eyes slowly every second. “I’m tired, I want to sleep.” She yawned. “When I wake up, let’s go to Green Grass Lake and enjoy life.” She turned sideways, her face facing his stomach and slept with her arms encircled around his waist, like he was some sort of pillow for her.

He immediately got the extra comforter lying just on his left side, spread it out wide and covered her with it. “Sleep well,” He murmured and planted a kiss on her lips; a smile forming on her face. That smile alone made him smile as well with no particular reason at all. Just seeing her happy and smiling makes his day.

With that, he carefully got the remote control of the television and turned open the television, trying to prevent her from stirring and moving from her current position. He lowered down the volume and watched yet again.