Chapter 8

Later

The few days just after the wedding are the long awaited honeymoon trips, as of Charlene’s point of view. The only reason now that Chun’s staying by her side is because she recently was having her heart attacks.

To her dismay, on the third day of their honeymoon, he asked permission from her whether he could leave her be for about three days just so he could think clearly of what next step or path he ought to take. His mind was really in total chaos that he can’t decide completely what he should do next with every move he makes. Even her sickness didn’t hinder him or stop him from taking a few days off away from her.

Luckily for him, she agreed without any hesitation. She agreed without hesitation mainly, because she trusts him. She trusts him that he wouldn’t look at other girls and perhaps is really thinking further now whether to truly love her and cherish every moment with her ‘till the last breath she takes. She thought that the few days off without her for him would be the best for both of them. She mainly thought that the reason behind is that he’s trying to think it over. Think over what he mistook in the past. She knows that he doesn’t love her, so she thought now that he would think it over and that’s the main reason why she agreed without hesitation.

!@#$%^&*

On the other hand, Ella was having so much fun with the company of her childhood friend—Anthony.

The day she met Baron, it was all predestined. It turned out that Baron was tasked to look for Ella and it was all requested by Guo, Anthony.

Guo Yan Jun or simply Anthony is Ella’s childhood friend from about 19 years ago. Known to him is the fact that he never met her after their parting of ways when they were still 8 and as to Ella, she still remembers those days.

“So it was all the while you.” Ella muttered and acted all comfortable through all out his company. She really misses those old days when they used to run down the nearby shore back in Pingtung.

“What do you mean it was me?” Anthony turned to face her and asked her a question that somehow confused him.

“Don’t act dumb!” Ella exclaimed and took a sip on her wine. “You were looking for me! You even asked Baron to.”

“Silly.” Anthony muttered with a small smile forming on his face.

“Aw.” Ella whined cutely. “I missed that smile.” She pinched Anthony’s cheeks and rubbed the back of her hand onto it right after. “You were so cold back then…” The intensity suddenly turned dead serious and he was perhaps shocked by her sudden mood swings.

“Are you having mood swings?” He rubbed her head and rested his hand on top of it.

“No.” She disagreed with his sudden thought and bowed her head down.

!@#$%^&*

He walked through the same old bar where in he last saw her swaying up to him. He thought that perhaps, fate would let them meet again and bind their souls once again. Little did he know that yes, she was there, but it would be the other way, for she was with somebody else—having so much fun.

Chun watched the couple from behind their backs with a continuous stabbing and pain shot through his heart.

He was now really regretting marrying Charlene, but he knew he couldn’t back out. He couldn’t back out, because of her current condition and he was such a coward to even think so of what has not happen yet.

Who knows when she’ll die and why does he have to keep living in a life painstakingly and doesn’t make him happy?

!@#$%^&*

Ella rose up from her seat and for a while left Anthony at the bar when she felt dizzy and felt like going to the comfort room.

She splashed water onto her face and looked through the cracked mirror with a smile on her face.

“Why is the mirror cracked?” She asked herself and pouted a little, because she knew that she wouldn’t get an answer just by asking her own self.

At once, once she exited the comfort room, she bumped onto a hard surface chest and knocked over whoever it is that seemed to be out of proportion as of the moment.

“I’m sorry.” She rose up from the fall and dusted off her clothes.

“Ella.” The husky-voiced big fellow greeted him as she slowly tilted her head up only to meet the eyes of the man who she wanted to meet the last out of all the people in the whole universe or galaxy, if possible.

“Why are you here?” She coldly asked and retrieved her tilted up head and bowed her head down in an instant when she found out that it was him.

For a while back in the comfort room, it was as if she forgot everything about him and once she did so, it is now as if fate was playing with them, trying not to make them forget about each other.

“I had to think over whatever happened just about three days ago.” He retaliated and rested his hand over her shoulders, only to be slapped away by her.

“Whatever the reason, I don’t need to know!” She exclaimed guiltily and walked out from him with her heart clenching in so much pain just because it hit her hard that she just remembered that he was married three days ago.

“If he was married so, why is he here?” She kept asking herself as she hurriedly rushed back to Anthony’s company with Chun following behind.

Her mind, just like his is in total chaos now. She didn’t know what to do and what she could do to prevent him from following her, so she thought of something that would surely make his, Chun’s heart shatter to pieces.

The next thing that happened…

She shoved Anthony down from his seat as she panted heavily. She was incredibly inhaling and exhaling as she was right in front of him now, trying to take in his handsome features. For a while, she glued herself into the position she was in until she snapped back to reality and did next what she told herself what to do earlier…

He kissed him, Anthony right in front of his, Chun’s face.

He, Anthony was shocked at first, but then relaxed as the kiss went on.

On the other hand, it seems as if her plan worked out and now his, Chun’s heart seemed to be shattered to pieces now.

!@#$%^&*

Anthony Guo Yan Jun is from Reaching for the Stars. I just thought of using him as some kind of third wheel, because I think he and Ella has some chemistry. Although, I’m not going to bet CE over GuoHua.