Chapter 13

Later

Hebe hardly was ever annoyed with a human being before or, well, to make it even simpler, a person. She was at the living room of the studio, watching the sun rise taking over the whole surroundings, making it turn to a shade of orange. At the back of her mind, she was thinking about the incident yesterday that made her herself wonder why. The thought of that man who just got on her nerves yesterday really made her like a mad woman and there are some unexplainable feelings and reasons unto it.

Ella has called her about a million times, even before she got back to her senses. When she got annoyed, she pinched her ears and shouted right on it, because probably, the customers are having a hard time filing their photo shoot schedules and such.

“What?” Hebe asked with a quizzical look on her face, not aware of the fact that loads of customers were lining up at the counter.

“Look.” Ella pointed out to the counter and shot Hebe a death glare.

Hebe seemed to be in a daze, she hardly knew when to even start as she jumped off from her seat and approached the counter to be able to file photo shoot schedules for particular days or so.

“You seem to be in a daze.” Ella noticed and got worried for her friend. “Any problems I can help you with?”

Hebe tilted her head up a little and replied, “Not at all. I was just thinking about yesterday’s happenings and all.”

“What about yesterday?” Ella asked, not sure of the answer, herself.

Hebe heaved out a sigh before answering, “Never mind me, we need to finish this all for today.”

“Okay.” Ella smiled and led some of the customers upstairs to the crew who were patiently waiting for people to come and have their photo shoots for the day.

A few minutes later, the ring of a phone winded all throughout the studio.

Ella took immediate action and exited the studio for a while to answer her call, “Wei?” She chimed, waiting for the caller’s response.

When no one answered, she withdrew her phone from her ears and saw that it was Anthony and then once again, she reached it up to her ears and talked, “Anthony.”

“There, Ella.” It seemed like he had a hard time trying to reach the other line. “Are you free tonight?”

“Why?” She asked, out of curiosity.

“Give me a little help and make up with Selina.” Anthony pleaded.

“Selina?” She asked, unsure.

“Selina Ren.” Anthony cleared.

“Did we ever fight?” Ella asked in a sarcastic way of doing so.

“Hm, I don’t know, but she still seems to be annoyed with you.” Anthony said. “You know, I always gave you a lot attention instead of her.”

“That explains why.” She paused. “I think she’s jealous.”

Anthony exclaimed, “Exactly! I rejected her confession.”

“You did?” Ella asked in bewilderment.

“Yeah, just because I don’t want a woman to be the one confessing their feelings to me.” He giggled. “I always like to make the first move.”

Ella smiled, “Right. I’ll meet you where?”

He replied, “Causeway”

“Okay, bye bye.” With that, she hung up the phone and waited as the hours run by.

!@#$%^&*

“Hm…” Selina murmured all by herself, thinking twice whether she should open the small velvet box. She’s hesitated for quite a while now, not knowing what to do.

Finally giving up, she reached out her hand to the box just on top of where the lamp shade rested and opened it up, only to find a golden necklace pierced with a diamond on it. It looked beautiful; it stunned her as she stared at the diamond as it shined.

“But I hope he comes back soon and wear’s this to me.” She murmured and kept her right hand shut, with the necklace on it.

!@#$%^&*

“I’ll leave, then.” Ella happily rejoiced, right after she helped Hebe close the shop down.

Ella never really was the one who had so many problems about her outfit. In fact, she just kept her look low profile; she didn’t need to wear those swirly skirts and such. Instead, she just wore a pair of jeans and a simple signature tee shirt from Zara that had Bambi on it.

“Need a ride?” Hebe asked, honking the car twice.

“Sure.” Ella nodded in agreement and climbed in the passenger seat as Hebe inserted the car in the driveway and raced with other cars.

“You seem to be in a good mood lately.” Hebe noticed. “And I think all the miseries you’ve encountered before came bouncing on me now.” She pouted and giggled.

“Who says?” Ella asked.

“Me.” Hebe replied.

“Maybe it’s because I met him yesterday.” Ella whispered, trying not to make Hebe hear.

“Who did you meet yesterday?” Hebe asked.

“I saw him, Chun. I comforted him for he looked so deprived and depressed at the same time.” She huffed. “His eyes were swollen red, he looked so messed up.”

“Why was he there?” Hebe asked, turned to look at Ella for a while and rose up a brow as if the topic distracted her from her driving as she slowed down a bit.

Only one word escaped Ella’s mouth, “Charlene.”

“What about her?” Hebe looked annoyed. “She’s pregnant?”

Ella looked dejected at the thought. Really, how was she to cope up with life if ever he got Charlene pregnant? She knows she’s trying to get over him, but the fact that she just died forced herself to give him another chance. It may be that they’re already husband and wife, but—but there’s just something telling her that it just won’t work out and he’ll come coming back to her when he finds out that she’s all he needs, which is the true fact.

Ella paused for a long time, trying to process the words and let it out from her, “She’s dead.”

Hebe was jaw dropped. She looked hilarious and her expression was priceless, but she was certainly speechless. Who would’ve thought that a newly wedded bride would suddenly turn dead just a few days after the wedding?

“How?” She asked and pulled of to a stop when she noticed that they were right in front of Causeway already.

“I really don’t know, but maybe it’s because of her heart complications.” Ella looked like she was mourning. “I really pity her.”

“She was the reason as to why you broke up with him too.” Hebe said.

“But that shouldn’t be a means for me to hate her.” She paused. “It was mainly his fault anyway, as to why we broke up. He never cared about what I feel.”

“Would you get back with him then?” Hebe looked worried, for she didn’t want her friend to hurt once again.

“I gave it a thought and if he tries his best, I’ll give him another chance.” With that said, Ella pushed the passenger seat open and exited the car as she walked inside the restaurant, her eyes in search for Anthony.

Seeing Ella walk in, Anthony rose up a hand and slightly waved at her to catch her attention and approach the table he was at.

“So what’s up?” She pressed her palms on the table and smiled at the brotherly figure right beside her.

“Hello, Ella mei mei.” He emphasized the words ‘mei mei’ and gestured for her to take a seat and mess up her hair.

“So, about Selina…” Ella started and happily looked at the sight of food laid all over the table.

“She’s annoyed with you! Honestly, I think that she despises you already.” Anthony laughed. “She always thought that you’re taking all my attention.”

“It’s your entire fault.” Ella laughed along. “Why couldn’t you just tell her that you just treat me like a sister, anyway?” She asked, emphasizing the word ‘sister’. “That actually makes me think that you want her to get jealous, am I right?”

“Erm…” Anthony was speechless for a moment, trying to find the right words to say and use.

But even before he could reply, his eyes glued on the person who just walked inside the restaurant. Ella didn’t care, though and continued stuffing food on as she waited for him to reply. No, it wasn’t Selina. It was someone who looked utterly familiar, someone who his seen before that looked at him with fired up eyes.

“Kind of, maybe, I don’t know.” A lot of answers reflected upon him, as he watched the particular person take a seat just behind Ella.

Ella looked annoyed, “Just one answer will do, okay?”

“I think our conversation will be cut short, so just give me tips on how I could say sorry to her.” Anthony pleaded, knowing that Ella could help in this kind of situation.

“Eh, you fought with her?” Ella looked a bit confused and kind of annoyed, without even knowing the reason why. “Oh, right!” Ella exclaimed. “You rejected her.”

“Hm.” Anthony nodded in agreement and raised a thumb up.

“Sorry, but…” Ella paused. “I’m not into those kinds of things. I mean… you remember that night when I kissed you, where in I forced myself to?”

Just by how the flow of the topic is going, Anthony tried not to be obvious and slapped his forehead, knowing that Chun was just behind Ella. Yes, it was Chun who just entered the restaurant.

“As you know…” Ella paused. “He was my ex... It’s so embarrassing to tell, but I broke up with him not because I don’t love him anymore. It’s just that, I think he failed to process things over and remain open to me. I can feel that he was troubled right at that time before the day that we broke up and I didn’t even know why. He didn’t even tell me.”

Ella, all throughout the process, dropped her fork and knife, losing the appetite to eat as she narrated their, Chun and she’s story.

“Our relationship came upon a time where I became very much confused and that time when I just barged in his office, I saw her with this particular girl who he had as her wife now, but died recently.” She paused, tears trickling down the sides of her cheeks. “I was initially just wanted to ask him for a cool off right at that time, but the woman just made it easier for me to really break it off already, break everything!”

“Ella…” Anthony looked troubled, unable to say to Ella that the man behind her is Chun. “Maybe it’s best if I leave you alone.” He bit his lower lip and stood up from his seat with his pointer pointed at Chun, who was behind Ella. “Before I forget, come by at Selina’s early in the morning. I’ll text you her address.” With that, he left, leaving Ella all alone by herself, with Chun still behind her.

Her words—it completely dawned even more unto him that it was his entire fault why she had to break up with him.

Ella didn’t bother looking back. She was actually going to stand up right at the moment, for he didn’t really understand why Anthony was lately acting that way, but then, a deep and husky voice asked her to stay.

“Stay.” Chun murmured, sending Ella to completely glue herself on her seat with her eyes shot wide.