Chapter 14

Later

She cupped and wiped the tears that managed to escape her eyes lately, completely speechless and wanting to act tough right in front of him.

“You heard?” She asked, nervously shaking at the thought.

He heaved out a sigh before answering, “Unfortunately, yes and you have to come with me to talk it over.” With that, he stood up from his seat and reached out to her wrists to pull her up from her seat, but she won’t budge.

“I can walk on my own.” She said and stood up from her seat to exit the shop, followed by Chun.

She paced a few more steps quickly, ready to cross the street.

“Where are you going?” He asked and spun her around to meet his gaze.

She couldn’t help it, she couldn’t help his loving stares and how he looked so worried about her, so she stared back as well as she uncontrollably panted.

Out of the blue, she asked, “Chun, do you still know me?” She reached out to his hand and held it tightly, caressing it onto her soft silky cheeks.

Chun stood there as he watched her take action and pursed his lips, trying to think of what to reply back at her.

He asked back in reply, “Would you believe me if I told you that I still do?”

She asked, with tears in the corner of her eyes, “How much more? I want to know.”

In a swift yet slow motion, he thought of the right thing to do and encircled her in his embrace with his arms on her waist. “Wholeheartedly, I still do.”

She, on the other hand, pressed her cheeks on his chest as she cried continuously and asked, “Why do you always have to make matters worst? Chun, why is it that I just can’t forget about you? I can’t, I just can’t, and I just can’t bear to see you step farther away from my life. Every minute, every second and hour that I wasn’t with you for 5 whole years sent me living in hell.”

He smoothed her hair as he winced in pain that she was causing him as she hit him on the chest with full force with her bare hands.

“You always said you loved me, but you failed to show me so.” She cried even more and then eventually stopped hitting on him as she tightly encircled her arms on his waist. “Why do you always have to make it harder on my part? Why?”

He was speechless, utterly speechless as he smoothed the back of her hair and kissed the top of her head. The only thing that came out from his mouth now are the words, “I’m sorry.”

Knowing that she was so tired from crying and too weak to be even coming back home, he took her home. Took her home to the place where he first did, after 5 years. It wasn’t his and Charlene’s home; it’s his hiding place that even his parents don’t know about it.

!@#$%^&*

She awoke at about five in the morning, feeling very exhausted as pain strum through her mind. Yes, she was having a very bad headache, early in the morning!

She sat up straight and looked at her surroundings, noticing that this place is utterly familiar yet she knew that this isn’t where she lived at the moment.

She her hair and pinned it back as she got herself out from the thick blanket and attempted to leave the room.

“Don’t go.” A voice pleaded, as a hand gripped on her wrist, sending her back to the bed.

“I need to.” She fought back, trying to reason out with him. “You know that this is wrong.”

“I can send you back first thing in the morning at about ten.” He pleaded and ignored her whining and avoided further argument. “Just don’t leave me yet.” He turned her around and hugged her real tight as he pressed his lips unto her, hungrily.

She moved her lips along with him, the beats of their hearts gradually faster. They moved to the rhythm of the kiss as their tongues battled and in the nick of time, he memorized the cavern of and how her kisses tasted… once again.

Out of breath, she backed out from the kiss and gently pushed him away from her reach. “Your mom…” She paused. “She still hates me, right?”

“I can pretty much say yes.” He nodded in agreement, trying to catch his breath. “But take note that she’s just a step.”

“Whatever.” She didn’t talk any further after that. She knew that the time span to be with him is running past quickly, so she drifted to sleep, wrapped securely in his arms.