Chapter 26

Later

“Wow, can’t believe that time’s running so fast,” Hebe exclaimed and raised her hands up in the air as Arron walked with her from behind. “Some things that we don’t expect could really just happen in a blink of an eye. What’s more is that it’s been three weeks we’ve been like this. And two weeks, since you left that crappy hospital and I had to take charge of the studio.”

“Yeah,” Arron, turning speechless just hearing Hebe’s speech uttered out just a word and just nodded in agreement at what she just said. “So…” Arron whispered, trying to grab hold of Hebe’s attention.

Hebe looked back, and then rose up a brow at him with a smirk on her face, “What?”

“I’ve been dying to ask you this; I just don’t know what would happen next.” Arron scratched the back of his head and then heaved out a sigh of exasperation. “But could I—“

“Just say it!” Hebe exclaimed, now irritated because of how slow he is. “You slowpoke.”

“I was about to tell it and then you come cutting my words off,” He his lips and then narrowed his eyes, thinking whether he should still push through with saying her or not about what he’s feeling for her or maybe even the question if he could possibly woo her.

“If you don’t say it out now, I’m never going to listen.” Hebe stuck out a tongue, placed ear buds on her ears out from nowhere and placed her hands on her ear to prevent further hearing, teasing Arron as she swayed constantly from left to right.

“You haven’t even given me the time to say it,” He angrily chimed. She easily recognized that he was angry already, so she didn’t talk any further and waited patiently for what he’s about to say. Instead, what he did was walk away from her with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Look, I’m sorry.” She raised her hands up high, surrendering and almost like pleading him for teasing her; asking for an apology. “I could hear you anyway, so better tell me now.” She pulled off the ear buds from her ears and then caught up to him and patted him on the shoulder.

“No, maybe I’d tell it another time.” He suppressed a smile, trying to hide the irritation he had, because he didn’t want her to think that he’s sissy or anything of the sort.

And just then, someone from behind called, “Arron!” The unknown man waved his hand at him and right after laid eyes on Hebe. It was as if it was love at first sight, but then wondered if he should keep his distance if ever his friend, Arron has a relationship with the unknown woman.

!@#$%^&*

“Hey,” Ella called out and patted Chun’s back. Chun looked back with his eyebrows furrowed, because he was just disturbed in watching his favorite TV show, but then right away softened when he saw her welcoming smile, “Aren’t you bothered at all?” She looked away and gulped, thinking twice whether or not she should get in the way of his personal family problems. And then the thought came unto her mind that she is his girlfriend, so she didn’t think that there might be something wrong with confronting your boyfriend concerning matters to talk about with your parents, right?

“Hmm?” Chun rose up a brow at Ella with confusion written all over his face, waiting patiently for whatever she is about to say.

“About your parents and your work, huneeeeeeh,” She tried to hold the word ‘honey’ longer, trying to lighten the mood if ever he’d talk ballistic just hearing the word family. After all, she was a bit traumatized to see him yesterday all mad at his stepmother, screaming and yelling like crazy. She knew it was for their sake and freedom, but the fear she felt couldn’t just be exempted just like that even if she knew that he is her boyfriend.

Chun his lips, and suddenly turned serious upon hearing the word ‘parents’ and so he spoke, “What about them?” He smirked. “Suddenly talking about them, huh? Thought you’re on my side? It’s for our sake, anyway. What I just did yesterday, I mean.”

She narrowed her eyes at him and asked herself if he is still the Chun she knew just a while ago—all caring and sweet. “No, it’s not that.” She shook the thought away and tried to keep him sane, knowing that in any time soon things wouldn’t go well, because as soon as right now, he’s changed his attitude to her a little. “You know I’m just worried. Wouldn’t your dad need you for work? I mean…” Ella paused. “I’m not your only priority.”

“Of course you are,” He chuckled, rubbing her shoulders with his hands full of warmth and comfort.

“Chun, you don’t get it.” She bit her lower lip and then shut her eyes close. “There’s a lot more to life than having only me. What if I die the next day, what would you do?”

“Of course I get it, you’re trying to indirectly break up with me.” He said, his tone louder than usual. “I clearly get it. And you wouldn’t die the next, I assure you, because you’re with me and I’ll protect you, okay?”

“What!?” Ella asked, bewildered about what he just said concerning the indirectly breaking up and stuff. “No, you don’t.” She argued a little more, trying to open his eyes to the truth as she stood up from her seat and placed her arms on her waist.

“Just stop it, Elle. Stop it. I don’t want to talk about them, not now. Not now that we’re enjoying ourselves,” He ran a hand through his face with a worked up face drawn all over, looking like in anytime soon, he’s going to explode. And then he turned off the TV’s power off and relaxed a little on the couch.

“Look, Chun.” From behind, Ella lectured him. “I know. I know you saved me from your mother. Step, to be clear, but you just can’t run away from them like this. I mean, your father’s still your father, you can’t change that fact. And right now, I don’t know, but I don’t think he has a clue about what’s going on about you and Delilah.”

“It’s not like they care about me,” Chun chimed.

“Okay, okay.” Ella cooled off a little bit and heaved out a sigh of relief. “Let’s just say your right and right now I’m going to bed and you wouldn’t dare and follow. I don’t want to make matters worst, so let’s end it right there.” She warned him and paced up the steps going to their bedroom. Alone.

He could only glue himself to his sitting position, trying to meditate and take into realization whatever just happened. “Damn,” He cursed, knowing that he wasn’t able to control his temper yet again and he hated it, most especially her. He thinks now that maybe it was one of the reasons she chose to break up with him in the past, and so now, he’s trying to think of ways to prevent it and to be able to calm himself easily.

!@#$%^&*

Sniffs and sobs could be heard all throughout the room. Ella pinched her nose and fluttered her eyes for a couple of times just to be able to control the river flow tears that were attempting to continuously strangle her eyes even more if ever he’d come by any minute now, for even if she says that he isn’t allowed to enter, she knew that he’d disobey and try to win her over again by apologizing for what he just had done that made her cry. She lay down all alone on the king-sized bed and dug her head on one of the pillows. She turned, rolled over and then cupper , trying to think things over.

She seriously didn’t know what had just happened. She knew she didn’t have her menstrual period, so she didn’t think that that’s the reason behind the case. She noticed that she’s been having such mood swings these days and for the past few days, she managed to control. Only that this day was it that she wasn’t able to bottle it all up any longer, she needed to let it all out.

She doesn’t really know what’s happening. She even wondered why last month, she didn’t get her series of period. She was thinking so hard what might be stirring up and only one thought came to mind… The vomiting early in the morning, the continuous throbbing headache, plus the mood swings—she is pregnant, but she isn’t that positive unless she runs a few test or so.

In a while, he turned the doorknob and swung open the wooden door, and then closed it right after. He walked a few steps forward to the bed, and then turned around when he regretted so, but was stopped by her voice…

“Seriously, you have to fix your attitude.” She confidently stated, still lying on the bed, with her head facing the sheets. “You’re still ever the same as before and I don’t want it. Honestly stating here.”

“I know,” He rolled his eyes and turned around again, sitting at the very edge of the bed nearest to where she lay. “And I’m trying to work on it.”

“Yeah,” She paused. “To prevent further arguments and break ups.” She rolled over and glanced at his eyes that were looking at her, and then she looked away.

“Break ups? With an ‘s’?” He emphasized and crawled over to the position on the bed beside her.

“Uhuh,” She nodded her head and then closed her eyes. “If you don’t want it, then you better treat me right and fix your bipolar disorder.”

“I’m not bipolar, Chen.” He chimed and climbed on top of her. He recalled the times when he used to call her Chen for fun and address each other formally or just to fit in with the trend. And then he planted a breathtaking kiss on her lips the minute he thought that they just made up.

“Are we quits?” She asked in between the kiss, pulling him closer as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“What?” He drew away for just a number of seconds and then kissed her again.

“I said sorry,” She murmured; arched her head further back as he nodded sorry as well, trailed kisses to her jaw line, down to her neck and she groaned, making him lose control as they did it again; the room with passion-filled sounds, lust and pleasure—only less time, because she got exhausted easily.