Chapter 18

Later

She was very much exhausted, maybe due to the cold weather the winter was giving her. Just right after he got some snacks from the kitchen to offer to her, he found her sleeping on his sofa peacefully.

The scene right before him made him smile as he drew back strands of hair that were covering her pretty face.

He savored and tried to glue unto his mind of how this image looked like and then he got a better idea and pulled off the camera just right under the coffee table in the living room to probably take some stolen shots of her asleep.

He took off the flash and captured a picture. The picture couldn’t just replace the real her, but he knew that it would be enough if ever she’d walk away from his life… OR not.

He patted her head gently and focused his eyes on her semi-closed eyes and long eyelashes. After that, he bent down a little and then lifted her up gently off from the couch to be able to bring her up to his room.

He sat beside her as she slept peacefully in his bed.

It’s been a while, indeed, ever since he was last given this chance to be able to examine her face closely, and to run a hand through her smooth, ivory skin. She wouldn’t be angry anyway, so he needs not to worry. He was thinking of improper thoughts as of the moment and he wanted more to be able to do with her, but he promised himself that he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t because he loves her and loving someone means that you’re able to accept and be able to respect the other party’s rights, personal privacy and privilege.

She winced and jerked her body nearest to him, assuming that she certainly felt his touch. A tear trickled down her supple cheeks and unknowingly and unaware, she pressed her hands firmly on his wrists, not wanting to let go as if she was frightened by something in her sleep.

“Ella,” He patted her cheeks gently, trying to wake her up from her nightmare.

@#$%^&*

She ran and ran until her knees turned jelly and she fell to the ground. She had no where to run to, no chance to escape. There was just no way out… No way out in her wild and running thoughts of imagination as she dreamt and looked at her dark surroundings.

A figure, a statue that turned to human form approached the child that was just a few inches away from her. She looked utterly scared as the figure stabbed the child at its back. It was morbid, she covered her ears and her eyes and felt air running through her skin as the man approached her and she…

woke up.

With tears in her eyes, she uncontrollably sniffed as her eyes gradually turned dark red because of puffiness. She hugged him as tight as she could, knowing that she had no choice and right away needed comfort—regardless of who the person right in front of her may be.

He was very much aware that she needed his full attention and support, so he didn’t hesitate and hugged her back right away. He kissed her forehead and whispered sweet nothings to her, assuring her that everything would be fine. Everything would be fine indeed, because he is with her and he’ll never leave her out alone on the open ever again just like what he did a few years back.

“Chun,” She kept murmuring his name, soaking his shirt wet as well. “You don’t know how frightened I was.” Her voice was cracking, and his eyebrows furrowed because he was very much frightened, concerning her current situation.

“I know,” He reiterated and patted her head gently, constantly rocking her back and forth like she was a very fragile-hearted child of some sort. “I promise never to leave you again.” She bit her lower lip upon what he just said. And then again, she pushed him off gently off of her. But this time, it was different. It was different, because she looked at him for quite a while with her lonely eyes, s her hands on his neck, and then sealed the gap in between their lips with a passionate kiss.

It was initiated with such strong feelings; it was fierce, slow, and sweet all at the same time. He fixed his hands and settled them on either side of her waist. It overall defined the love they have had and had until now for each other. It was quite confusing why all of a sudden she kissed him, but it didn’t matter anymore.

She’s now already laid down on her back. He bent down a little, only to be able to take a glimpse of her as he’s still sitting down on the chair beside his bed.

“Chun,” She whispered and looked away. “I…” She paused midway and finally managed to look back at him again. “I would want to spend the whole night with you. I want to make love with you tonight.” She may have been too straightforward, too much, perhaps, but does it really matter? She didn’t look embarrassed; she didn’t feel a sense of insecurity. She looked real determined and serious about pursuing the night with him.

It took him a minute or so to process whatever she just said. He was shocked, real shocked at her sudden request. He noticed her sad expressionless face and thumbed away the dried up tears that strangled her face a little while ago even before he could respond. “But I don’t think it would work until you tell me that you still love me and you never stopped doing so.” He paused, looking a little bit hesitant, “Because that’s how—“

“You feel, I know!” She continued in exclamation his unfinished sentence. “And I do, I love you, okay? And take note that I never stopped doing so.” She continued and slammed her lips unto him for the third time in the day.

She pulled away and gasped for air, “Now, is that enough?”

And then again, he was shocked by her sudden outrage. “You’re one impatient brat.” He chuckled and gave her a bunch of butterfly kisses away before making further steps.

“Don’t you just love me for that?” She silently asked, although he still clearly heard it.

“In fact, I love everything about you and most especially you.” He reiterated, tilted her chin up and kissed her once again. “I love you.”

He nibbled on her lower lip, preventing the kiss to break and it pretty much started from there.

In a swift motion, as if time flies by so quickly, he stripped her and piled up all their clothes on the bedside marble-tiled floor. All throughout the night, he made love to her without any protection needed. There were so many feelings built up to even measure how much they love each other. They don’t care about birth control. They want to have three to five kids, anyway. Sometimes, something that seems just utterly wrong seems so right. Sometimes, the right seems wrong, but either way, it’s still the same. You live and laugh and love like you’ve never been hurt and most especially live like it’s heaven on Earth just like how Mark Twain formulated the quote.

In fact, it’s been 5 long years since they last felt this way. It’s been 5 long years since they last expressed their true love towards each other through making love and this is just a way to catch up, I suppose. There are just so many things that could make a single person go crazy over, rolling on the floor laughing. Some may understand, some may not, but it’s just all the same, really. The people who actually tell you that they’ve no experience in love are the ones who actually hurt the most. Why? Because he or she failed to realize from the start that he or she have started to love and on the last minute, let go just because she didn’t have a chance to convey his or her true feelings to the other party.

The best Christmas gift ever!