Chapter 19

Later

She woke up with a tinge feeling of bliss. In fact, even more than a tinge. She is currently on the state of cloud nine, on seventh heaven, happily walking on air. Her mind was full of so much ecstasy, elation, and rapture just because she still remembers whatever happened the night before this very day.

She his facial features and he winced a little, because he felt a hand touching his face—an angel’s touch. Just last night, their bodies merged into one. Now that all has happened, all that happened in the past happened once again, they seem so inseparable.

He reached out to his cheeks where her hands were and kissed the back of it. She could only smile and keep mum, knowing that the power of silence is overpowering the moment.

“You were so beautiful, Elle.” Almost like when they did it for the first time, he recalls.

He rolled her over nearest to him and snuggled closer to her in a hug. He savored every second and minute that she’s there and pressed his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. She moaned when she felt his touch once again, but nonetheless felt happy.

Although no one knows for sure as of now whatever may happen yet again in store for them, let’s continue to wait.

!@#$%^&*

Hebe waited outside the operation room, shaking continuously from utter shock. She went through the police department just right after she dropped the man who she was thinking is the suspect in the gun-shooting event that took place just last night. She, at first, was accused of the event that took place last night just because she was holding the gun, but she was proven innocent. So she was freed safe and sound and preceded to Show Chwan just in case the hospital would need something from her regarding the patient.

Indeed, she isn’t that cold-hearted of a person. She even assured herself that she should perhaps be responsible for the patient she just rushed to the hospital. We all know that she shouldn’t be, but she’s thinking for other people before herself.

She her lips, pursed her lips and slipped her hands in between her knees, waiting patiently for the doctor to approach her as soon as the operation finishes. She suddenly remembered Ella and took note that she has not seen her since the day she dropped Ella off to the restaurant. Worry got the best of her as she reached out to her pocket just to get her mobile phone.

She pressed the left contacts button and scrolled down to Ella’s name. She heaved out a sigh, and bit her lower lip before she could finally press the…

“Are you Yan Ya Lun’s guardian?” Her call to Ella had to be delayed. The doctor just dismissed the operation and had to talk to her.

“I suppose,” She didn’t know the patient’s name, but she knew he is the one. She is the only one waiting outside, anyway. “How is his condition?” She asked the doctor with her tone mixed with confusion, sadness and worry.

She felt bothered why she’s even taking her self responsible for the patient’s life.

She felt sad because just as how she sees it, the patient is under critical condition. We all know that they aren’t related in a way, and there’s no way that they can be related.

Plus, worry, because she was worried sick about what may be happening to Ella as of the moment. Anthony looked trustworthy, though, but she was wondering if ever Ella’s seen Chun again and inflicted herself suffering and pain yet again.

“He lost a lot of blood,” The doctor looked serious. “And we need a blood transfusion as soon as possible. His blood type’s O, just in case you don’t know.”

She could only nod and utter a simple, “Oh.” Her blood type isn’t O and that’s such a pity, she thought. And recalling basic studies back when she’s in high school, a type O blood cannot be donated by another. Only an O blood type could be donated to all, but an O blood type couldn’t be donated just anything for just doing so is a risky task to do. The person being donated to may die, if that’s the case.

“I’ll try my best to find donors,” She paused. “But I would also like further assistance for this matter and ask guidance from your hospital as well, doctor.”

“No problem,” The doctor paused and thought of the next thing to say. “In the meanwhile, we’ll transfer the patient in his own room.” She nodded and the doctor bowed and then left her in the hallway once again.

!@#$%^&*

Meanwhile, with tear-stained eyes, she lifted his body carefully away from his nearness. She was hesitating whether or not she’d choose to leave once again. After all, she doubted everything that she’s ever done. She picked up her clothes that lay on the marble-tiled floor and dressed herself once again. She didn’t bother to wash up; she didn’t bother looking at his calm face yet again for the very last time for she knows that if she does, she’ll come running back to him.

She’s doing all these on purpose. She just couldn’t move on. Their past keeps haunting her yet again. Nonstop, it is. She wants to move on, we all know that, but she just can’t seem to find a way out. But soon she would, just not now. She didn’t want to hurt herself once again. She knew that his parents were against her—especially his step mother, so she thought that this is for the best. For the best of humanity, maybe—for their, he and she’s sake.

As of the moment, she didn’t know where to run to. If she runs to Selina or maybe even Anthony, she knew that she’ll just disturb their silence. She might even be a means of their break up, if ever they do. As for Hebe—she was very hesitant. She knew she’d just get a cold scolding once again just because she’s doing the wrong thing again.

She cupped , because she just came upon a realization. A realization that could make her life change completely. “What if I get pregnant, because of last night?” Just last night, that consequence didn’t run on her mind. She was completely neutral about that thing. “But wait… it never occurred. It never did. In the past, it never did.” She was trying to keep herself sane, so she was trying to tell herself that it would never happen and that there’s no way possible that it would.

But we never know. Some things in the past perhaps are still irreversible, but now that she’s got even more mature… we never know. The impossible might just be possible. But nonetheless, if ever pregnancy really occurs, we all know that she’d keep the baby, right?

!@#$%^&*

Hebe gripped her hands firmly on the doorknob, thinking twice whether or not she’d open the door or not. The man residing inside the room seemed to have heard strain sounds from the slight creaking door, so, “Come in.” He approved and waited until the door opened and there revealed Hebe who had her hair lay back, but messy at the same time.

“Um, hi.” She managed to other some basic words as a way to greet him.

“I thought you’ve run away just right after dropping me at the hospital,” He paused. “But I’d have to say that I’m very thankful of you.”

“Yeah, no biggie.” She was more comfortable now. Talking to him that is. “Even if you scared the hell out of me,” She whispered.

“Were you just saying something?” There was an unexplainable cheeky smile on his face, knowing that he absolutely just heard whatever she just had to whisper. “If that’s the case…” He paused and heaved out a heavy sigh. “I’m very sorry for scaring the hell out of you.”

Her eyebrows furrowed, as if it were to go and have a fusion any minute soon. She wondered whether or not this man right here really had an injury or was he just acting it out just so he could attain help from her?

“Again, thanks.” He pursed his lips, and then sat straight up on the hospital bed.

“But you still owe me an explanation,” She looked at him, seriously this time.