Chapter 27

Later

“M-Mike,” Arron stuttered a little upon his friend’s arrival, “What brings you here?”

“Well…” Mike paused, “This highway isn’t yours, right, Arron?” He walked a few steps towards Arron and then stopped right in front of Hebe. “Mind introducing me to this pretty young lady right here?” Hebe smiled upon what he said, but didn’t blush.

“Erm,” Hebe smirked. “Mike, Mike, I think I’ve heard your name somewhere before. As I can recall…” Hebe paused and thought it over. “You were the one who donated blood to Arron!” She exclaimed, raising her right pointer up. “I just thought it had to be you, because I knew there should be some reason or connection that you’re making the blood donation.”

“But it could just be anyone,” Mike smiled weakly at her, knowing that he didn’t want Arron to know that he just donated his blood to him when in fact, he hasn’t fully recover yet from the murder scene that happened before Arron’s attack of revenge.

“You did?” Arron narrowed his eyes and then pointed to Mike as if he was angry or something. “You are barely healed from the last murder scene, right?”

“No, I’m completely fine.” Mike scrunched his nose and then patted Arron’s shoulders.

“But I insist that we talk and have a private conversation later, Mike,” Arron insisted and pursed his lips.

“Yeah, later,” Mike agreed, “But you have to introduce me to her first,” He pointed to Hebe and then glanced a small smile at Arron.

“Right,” Arron furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Hebe, “Hebe, he’s Mike… Mike He to be exact,” and then turned to Mike, “Mike meet Hebe.”

The moment was full of so much intensity. Indeed, it is the start of a new friendship for Hebe and Mike, but a start of a love triangle as well. In fact, as you may all assume, Mike, at first sight, had to have this little crush on Hebe that later on might be the start of the friends’ nemesis. But remembering the fact that Arron owes his life to Mike, would he need to pay that back in return by handing Hebe over to Mike?

!@#$%^&*

The next day… As the sun was preparing to rise and shine, as the sun was about to reign over the day…

Ella’s was pressing onto Chun’s chest. She wriggled free a little from his embrace and turned around to meet her future hubby’s face. He his little ear and then smiled when he winced a little and opened his eyes.

“Elle, I really like fondling with you,” Chun pinched Ella’s supple cheeks lightly and gritted his teeth, because he just felt like it.

“You’re so naughty!” Ella exclaimed and attempted to bite Chun’s ear, but he blocked it off with his hand because he was very much familiar with the move.

“Not so fast,” Chun uttered out. But then Ella thought of Plan B and just had to bite Chun’s cheek. He whined in pain, yes. Plus the fact that he complained, because she dug her teeth-like claw on his cheek. “Don’t lavish me with your saliva.” Chun ‘urgh’ed, “It’s painful as well, so get it off Elle.”

“Oh, I’m so full of it!” Ella exclaimed, and hit his chest playfully. And then again, after the bickering and laughter, she felt nauseous and hurriedly jumped off from bed along with the thick sheets of blanket to lock the bathroom door and most probably do her thing.

“Elle!” Chun yelled, hurriedly slipping off the bed to slip on his bath robe robe, hanging just on the front door’s back. “Are you alright?” He knocked on the closed bathroom door and pressed his ears firmly on it just to assume if ever she’s fine and still breathing.

“I am alright, Chun,” Ella nervously answered and tousled her hair because of exasperation. She certainly didn’t know what was going on with her, but she had a clue and she certainly wasn’t ready for it. “Just a little stomach malfunction, perhaps?” She stood up from his knelt down position and turned to the sink to splash her face some water and gargle as well. She stopped for a couple of minutes and ran a hand through her face, trying to still analyze the situation. She was thinking twice whether she had to go to the doctor or not in this rate of hers.

Once she exited the bathroom, she sat at the edge of the bed and pulled him beside her.

“Are you sure nothing serious is going on?” Chun worriedly asked and put his arms around her shoulders. “I mean…you know… you’ve been acting all nauseous lately. Are you, by any chance…,” Chun paused and chuckled.

“It’s not funny,” Ella reiterated. “I mean…whatever you’re thinking, it certainly is wrong.” She thought that what he was thinking is about pregnancy and stuff, and so she blocked it and cupped her ears before he could say anything.

“I haven’t told my say,” Chun smirked and looked at his fiancée. “I’m pertaining to ulcer or any stomach complications?” he half stated and half asked, “but as I could recall, I don’t remember taking care of you because you have complications or something.”

“As if you cared at all,” Ella rolled her eyes and removed her hands from her ears to reach out for his. “I know you did, but…”

“Of course I did!” Chun exclaimed. “You just failed to sort things out then, because you tend to be immature.”

“Oh, so now you’re calling me immature when you know that I certainly am not,” Ella smirked and fixed the tucked in thick blanket covering her bare body.

“Now, now, chill,” Chun heaved out a deep sigh and spoke again, “I don’t want another argument with you, and I don’t want to do the cycle over and over again.”

“What!?” Ella asked in bewilderment, shooting a death glare at Chun.

“Oh, I’m just kidding,” Chun laughed. “Really, I just necessarily had to have a good laugh.”

“Right,” Ella grinned from ear-to-ear, forgetting all about the fact that she may be, in any chance, pregnant, as self-proclaimed by her.

“So…” Chun attempted to start a conversation, only to be cut short by Ella…

“Wait!” Ella exclaimed. “Would you do me the honor of…”

“Being the happiest woman on Earth and marry you, is it?” Chun cheekily grinned and immediately received a death glare from Ella as if he was flattering himself too much.

“No, not that, not yet,” Ella pinched Chun’s nose immediately and turned to serious mode afterwards. “That reminds me, Chun. As I said… would you do me the honor of allowing to go alone by myself to have a decent talk with Hebe?”

“I could drop you off if you want,” Chun suggested.

“No, no, not at all,” Ella hurriedly reiterated. “After that, I still have important matters to attend to.” Going to the hospital is one is one of the reasons why Ella doesn’t want Chun to follow after her.

“Okay, okay.” Chun sighed in defeat. But at the back of his mind, he thought that he needed to watch out a closer look on her and had to follow or perhaps stalk her to wherever she may go. Frantic as he may seem, he’s just worrying about her, that’s why.

!@#$%^&*

Later in the afternoon, Ella hurriedly took-a-bath, changed her clothes and stormed out of their home sweet home after bidding farewell to Chun and promising him that she would come back under whatever circumstance the check-up may be. She didn’t yet told him that he’d go for a check-up, really, but she had to lie and tell him another thing as an excuse.

On the other hand, without Ella’s knowledge…, as soon as she exited the residence, he hurriedly changed to casual clothes and glanced at the window to see if she was still there. Knowing that she was no where in sight already, he jumped in his car destined to Hebe’s house.