Chapter 9

Later

Hurt filled her eyes as he watched him from the side of her eyes, furiously walking away. Her plan worked, but her heart wretched in pain just seeing him walk out from her life once again.

After much realization that she was still kissing Anthony, she, breathless, broke free from the kiss in pure embarrassment of whatever his reaction may be of her utterly shocking action.

She stepped a few steps back away from him, bowed her head down and bit her lower lip as she tried to make up of excuses as to why she just kissed him.

“Hey” He placed a hand on top of her left shoulders and crouched down a little to see how she was looking right at this very moment. “If you like me, you should’ve said so earlier” He , despite the fact that he really just liked her or rather treated her as a sister.

Just hearing those things made her furious and angry, so she quickly tilted her head back up, grimaced at his thoughts, swiped her lips with the back of her hand and wiped it on his shirt with an evil grin on her face. “Don’t be too full of yourself!” She exclaimed and stomped on his foot as she angrily walked out of the bar with him following her.

“I was just joking” He sounded like he was apologizing once they quickly settled on the seats of his car. “I knew that you were pretending for the man that was standing right in front of us like we were some kind of television and then he suddenly walks out with his heart wretched in pain.”

“You knew?” Ella looked bewildered as she aggressively took hold of Anthony’s arms and shook him violently.

“Why wouldn’t I, right?” Anthony asked back in return. “It was always you that played those stage plays full of white lies.”

Ella rose up an eyebrow, crossed her arms and glared at Anthony.

Anthony just laughed, knowing that they’ve made up just in an instant.

“The next time it happens, don’t kiss me” Anthony defended his pride, private thoughts and own opinion. “He’ll be too hurt, you know?”

“You don’t know anything, okay?” Ella was in the verge of crying, knowing that Anthony doesn’t even know whatever happened back then to her and Chun.

“It seems as if we’re having a guessing game, huh?” Anthony mustered up all his courage of not trying to get Ella intimidated of whatever he’s trying to make known to her. It was as if in any time soon, he’d get whatever it is that he needed to guess—the main problem of the couple.

“We broke up” Her voice, merely audible, rang in his ears for a couple of times. He was dead shock, he never knew anyway that that man he just saw out there is now Ella’s ex, “Years ago.”

Now, he really was more than shocked as that of shocked. “To be exact, five years” Ella held her right hand up high and displayed it right in front of Anthony’s face. “He had to leave me for another. I think her name’s Charlene and she has a heart disease.”

“A heart disease, you say? That explains why he broke up with you or did you?” Anthony looked at her seriously.

“I did” Ella surrendered, not feeling any tinge of guilt or whatsoever. “But a heart disease shouldn’t be a means to break up with me”

“Let me ask you…” Anthony muttered. “Did he personally tell you that the girl has heart disease?”

“No, he’s a liar” Ella muttered. “He told me before that he didn’t love me and then there a time where in after 5 years… After 5 years of grieving for his departure from my life, he came to me and told me that he still loved me and that, he said, didn’t even change” She narrated some portions of the after 5 years meeting of her and Chun and stared at the white ceiling of the car as if she were seeing what she would say next up there.

“Sometimes you may act immature, yourself, Ella” Anthony pointed out some of her weakness, her means to shun her identity from the world. “I thought before seeing you that perhaps, you’ve changed, but I think I’m wrong” He stepped on the brakes and pulled of to a stop as he turned to face him.

“Kayy, bye” Ella ignored all his statements, opened the door out from the passenger’s seat and stepped out of his car, not even bothering to give him her utmost gratitude to even have the gentleman manner to take her home on a cold Winter night.

Anthony just heaved out a sigh and slumped his back on the car seat, thinking or rather analyzing how to save one’s life—Ella’s life from the pain, suffering and lies. Pain, because he knows that she’s internally enduring all the pain of her ex-boyfriend, Chun and she’s break up and because he knows that she’s suffered so much after all these years, it just defines suffering. Not to forget… the lies, because he knows that she’s lying to herself of admitting to the whole world that she didn’t love him anymore, even if it’s so oblivious that she still does.

There are just so much stages a human being has to go over or pass to be able to achieve success or aim for their goal, but there are also just so many obstacles and hardships you need to deal with even before you could. As for Ella, I can somehow state in my very own opinion that she’s doing the right thing. Unlike Chun who is completely living in a life full of lies and hate. He’s done so many white lies, originated and original sins to other people that I, myself, lost count.

!@#$%^&*

On the other hand, some fragile-looking, depressed and an abused-looking woman stepped up the staircase of her residence looking completely glum. She looked pale, almost as if she lost a lot of blood lately, even though we all know that she didn’t. On her hands were layers of bright colored clothes, looking like they just came from the dryer. She walked completely out of life up the steps to their, Chun and she’s supposedly room after the marriage. It’s just been a day and a half that he stepped out of her life for a while, yet even then, she looked like she wanted to die any minute now.

The minute she stepped in the master bedroom, she started giving out a heavy breathing. Like she was running out of breath, like her heart’s fluctuating on and off all of a sudden, wanting to come jumping out from her chest. She didn’t know why she felt all of a sudden this way, but she gripped on her chest hardly and got a hold of the clothes that she just got out from the drier.

In a series of seconds, it was as if time flew by quickly. It was as if someone shot his or her gun up in the sky, causing her to be shocked and land her on the floor alongside her whole body following. Beads of sweat trickled the sides of her face and endless flowing tears came down from her eyes like waterfalls. She has a heart disease, yes! And currently is it that she’s feeling depressed without him by her side, causing her downfall and affecting her own health.

These past few days, as she can recall, she was still very healthy. She didn’t have any complications, but maybe because he left her and that the realization hit her that she never would have the chance for him to love her back that’s why she’s acting all of a sudden like this.

Her whole body and system was now completely lying on the floor, helpless and paralyzed. She inhaled and exhaled as fast as she could just to prevent whatever may happen any minute now. That she may die and it would completely be her end, without even telling him even for the last time how she loved him. She knew her love for him was one-sided, but she didn’t care.

Trying to muster all her strength to pick herself up from the floor and reach out to her cell phone and medicinal pills, she spun herself around on the floor and crawled all the way to their bed and once she did so…

It was all too late…

She grasped her last breath and said her last goodbye to the world…

Her life’s taken and there can no longer be means to revive her…

It was his entire fault; everything’s just his fault…

And with every life taken, there should be a replacement.