Chapter 30

Later

“It was you!” Hebe exclaimed and pointed at Calvin, with her eyes all wide in shock.

Calvin’s eyes widened as well that he didn’t know how to talk right at the time. He tried to utter a simple word of ‘you,’ but he just can’t seem to do it.

Then right at that time, Hebe stood up from her seat and stomped her feet all the way to where the driver and conductor of the bus were.

“I’m getting off!” Hebe exclaimed, and took out some cash from her shoulder bag.

Calvin followed forth behind her, wanting to explain, wanting to get back to her and explain whatever happened in the past that they, the only ones, who knew exactly whatever it is.

“Hey, wait!” Calvin exclaimed, unconsciously pulling her back to their seat.

“This bus is so cramped; I really want to get off!” Hebe exclaimed once again and glared at Calvin and hinting to him as if ‘if you would want to explain, then go along with me’.

“We’ll settle this,” Calvin whispered and got off the bus along with her.

--

“Elle, honestly telling you, I’m so mad!” Chun exclaimed and slammed the door shut as Ella walked in.

Ella was frightened; she walked a few steps to back herself away from him and leaned herself at the wall. She compressed her silky knees and rested her hands on her knees that covered her ears as well, trying to prevent herself to hear further comments and deceitful things that may come out from Chun’s mouth. If she would hear them, she’d think that she’d rather die.

But she thought wrong, for he took gentle steps towards her and crouched down in front of her, caressing her ebony black hair. Chun tried stopping the uncontrollable tears and hugged her real tight, in spite of him seriously wanting to throw a power tantrum any minute at that time. But then instead, Chun reached out to Ella’s hands and squeezed them gently, trying to convey to her the message that he and she didn’t do wrong or he didn’t mean to do anything wrong at the minute. He knew that pregnant women tend to get so tensed and worked up easily, so he thought that the all-time stubborn and immature attitude she was showing him are signs of pregnancy. With that, her sobbing stopped and she stared at his orbs. It wasn’t easy at first, she tried to ignore them, but he insisted that she should and she stared right through them.

He brought her up to her arms and hugged her real tight, as well as kissing the top of her head. She pressed her cheeks on his firm chest and encircled her tiny hands on his waist. She held on him as tight as she could, knowing very well that she felt safe beside him. He looked at her pitiful face and kissed her forehead. Meaning, that he was willing to protect her regardless of the certain circumstances that they need to go over with together…

“I’m so sorry,” He whispered in her ears when she rested her chin at the crook of his neck.

“I should be the one saying sorry,” She muttered and muffled out a soft cry, barely audible, yet easily heard by him.

He knelt down in front of her and encircled his arms on her barely obvious bump in the stomach. He kissed it and vowed to her that he’ll not let them go. “So, grow healthy for mommy and daddy.” He smiled and she let out a small chuckle with tears in her eyes and then she sobbed even more once again.

Like a cry baby, she swept the tears in her eyes with the back of her hand. It was as if she was a kid that got wounded for the first time. He asked why she’s crying yet again and she replied saying “I didn’t know …I didn’t know ‘till now that you love and treasure me that much, honey.”

“Of course I do!” Chun exclaimed. “Do you think I’d go freaking crazy over this matter if I didn’t love you? Elle, you don’t know how worried I was…” he paused. “You don’t know how worried I was to have to hear you say those immature things. We’re already of age and you know that. You know that we could start a family already and I hope you’re ready.”

“I’m more than ready now,” she tugged at his shirt and pulled him closer, capturing his mouth with a breathtaking kiss.

!@#$%^&*

Two figures sat across each other. The female roamed her eyes all over the place, while the male put his hands under his chin and tried thinking of what to do. What is he to explain, anyway? He didn’t really know, yet he’s taking this risk of trying to explain to her.

“I,” they said in unison. She glared at him, while he remained still.

“You go first,” they said in unison once again, getting her glaring at him even more.

“Calvin…,” she whispered. “Calvin, right?” she crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed his eyes at him. “You told me that we’ll settle this, but what’s there to settle when we know that the event already took place and have gone?”

Hebe was real bewildered. She didn’t know why she should act that harsh toward him, but she thought that it’s for the better. After all, who wouldn’t get mad to find out that who they fell in love was, was gay? Yes, Calvin’s gay, in case you guys still don’t know by now. And yes, Hebe once fell in love with this gay guy.

“I said we’ll settle this, yes,” he nodded. “I don’t really know what to say, but you were mad so I followed forth right behind you.”

She bit her lower lip and heaved out a sigh.

“Well, what makes you think that I was mad?” she asked.

“Well, you were yelling like mad at the bus that the whole bus had the guts to stare bewildered, at you.” he sophisticatedly replied and smiled his most famous smile that sends females thinking that he was perhaps, in a way, flirting, even if he isn’t because he’s gay.

“Stop smiling foolishly at me like that,” Hebe gently offered the request.

“Why?” he asked, “Would you fall in love with a gay once again?”

“Know what?” she asked.

“What?” he grinned from ear-to-ear, enjoying the show he and she’s conducting.

“You’re incredible!!” Hebe exclaimed and pointed her pointer at him, shaking. And with that, she ran as fast as she could out of the restaurant, leaving Calvin behind, jaw dropped.