Epilogue

Later

Imagine that the ending theme song is 'How Do I Breathe' by Mario or just simply listen to it while you know...reading!? HAVE FUN! It took me 9 and a half pages on MS Word just to finish the Epilogue.

--

After 5 years…

‘You are cordially invited to celebrate
the wedding of
Hebe Tian
and
Calvin Chen

On Tuesday afternoon
June the 16th
at one o’ clock
One hundred fifty-one Wufu 3rd Road
Kaohsiung, Taiwan

R.S.V.P.
918.401.4445’

A couple with their dear son and a pair of two guy best friends read the invitation, but in different locations. The wife, happy for her best friend, hugged her husband in excitement, ignoring the presence of their child, but after realizing that they were living in Hsinchu, she frowned, and her husband had to laugh out loud.

“Why does it have to be in Kaohsiung when they very well know that we’re living in Hsinchu?” the wife asked his husband, clueless as she is.

She didn’t receive a response, but received a kiss on the cheek alone.

On the other hand, the two guy best friends eyes wondered about the card and landed on the R.S.V.P. number indicated. They looked at each other, trying to question with their eyes whether what they were seeing was just a joke, but however they tried to conclude and find a way out of the puzzle, they just can’t seem to make out a probable reason as to make the invitation fake.

“Okay,” the other started. “So it isn’t a fake invitation at all. The invitation, that is. After discovering last, last, last, last year that she has a boyfriend and that we won’t have a chance at all, I told you that we should stop it, but you didn’t, and it’s all your fault.”

“No, actually, I was thinking that the relationship wouldn’t last long, that’s why,” the other one replied. “But I guess I’m wrong. But hey! You shouldn’t blame me. Actually, the reason behind me telling you that is because I’m ready to give her up to you if ever she comes back to us then.”

“Yeah, sure,” he laughed. “But sorry, it’s not me who should be suffering but you who really loves her this much,” he parted his palms, extended it a few centimeters apart away and teased his best friend.

“I’ve moved on,” the other said. “I have Rainie and you?” he enquired with a smirk on his face. “I saw it coming that we would end up clinging onto each other this way, but then found a conclusion for myself before it’s too late to back out from desperately loving her.”

“I’ve moved on too and forgot about Hebe!” he said in pure conviction, sticking out his tongue. “Petty should be fine and Arron Yan should conquer her.”

Mike, upon the childish behavior of his best friend, looked at him in pure irritation, because his plan in making him cry over Hebe didn’t work. It was true, he’s moved on, and today, just today that he found out that his best friend’s moved on as well. The only thing that mattered now is attending the said wedding.

“So, are we going?” Mike enquired and looked back, only to find out that Arron was already having a conversation with someone on the phone, even laughing wildly indicating just how happy he really is despite Hebe’s upcoming wedding.

‘I don’t think so,’ and then he brought out his phone, scribbling out a note that said:

‘Hi Hebe!
It’s Arron & Mike here, wishing you all the best for your marriage.

Regarding your wedding, we’re very sorry, but we couldn’t come.
We’d find different opportunities to see you once again, don’t worry.
Right now, we’re leading our lives well, I hope you are too.

Take care, and then again… all the best!’

--

“Wow, you’re getting married,” Ella chimed, styling her best friend’s hairstyle for the upcoming wedding that’s due in a few hours time now.

“And it’s also your 2nd year anniversary being committed to each other. Your wedding then really turned out a successful one, Elle. You know… having to have to find out that you were also 3 months pregnant with Cole who’s now turning 5, right? Correct me if I’m wrong.”

Hebe donned a simple white wedding gown, with flower bead embellishments at the upper chest part. The gown reached up to the floor, perfect enough for Hebe. Hebe’s hair reach just until her shoulders, so Ella decided to lay it out just like that and curled it a bit, and put a couple of pins near her bangs to support Hebe’s hair in case some lose threads may fall.

On the other hand, Ella wore a light green dress with a darker shade of green as its belt hugging her waist that fell three inches above her knees. Paired off to that is a dark green colored heel with smooth fur texture. Her hair was fixed in a way that the tips of her hair all are at the back, and her bangs placed on the right, giving her a fresh and clean look along with her clear white complexion.

“Yeah,” Ella smiled and reckoned all the past memories. “I do hope you enjoy the married life as much as I do. Right now though, you should feel nervous, but it’s your day, Hebs, you must have fun.”

“Indeed,” Hebe agreed and turned her head to kiss her best friend’s cheek. “Thanks for always being there for me.”

“Isn’t it the other way around?” Ella enquired. “I mean… you always being there for me in times of all my depressions. That time when I got a miscarriage… you helped me, along with Calvin and Chun.”

“Well, it isn’t until Chun came to your life,” Hebe replied and shared a heart laugh with Ella. “It’s really a relief to have Cole, eh?”

“Yes, indeed!” Ella said in utter happiness. “Cole never fails to brighten up my day. When I look at him, especially that he looks like his father, my sadness fades just like that.”

“It figures…” Hebe said in reply. “Elle, it’s your anniversary too, maybe you have some appointments or schedules with Chun to celebrate that you should excuse to me by then?”

“Oh, that!” Ella said. “I forgot to tell you that unfortunate as it is, we won’t be able to go to the reception. And ooh, Selina and Anthony will be around too. I told Chun to let them take care of our gift for the both of you.”

“I’m so excited,” Hebe sighed in frustration and enthusiasm of what’s to come up next.

“You should be. Anyone in their right mind who at the current time is getting married would be excited as to living forever with the person they love the most,” Ella sighed, “But it’s kind of sad that we won’t be able to be at the reception site, not even a glimpse of the place. I won’t even have a chance to catch the bouquet, by chance.”

“Oh, come on!” Hebe laughed. “You’re married, woman! Do you, by any chance, want me and Chun to end up in an argument just because I let his wife have the honor of catching the bouquet for single women?”

“Okay, time’s up!” Ella said in exclamation, wanting to end the conversation by then with a laugh. “I think I should go see the groom now. Don’t forget your corsage, okay?”

“Yeah, okay, really,” Hebe said, answering every question and statement Ella just said. “I heard that he needs some advice and stuff for married people, haha. Oh Elle, I’ll call you up and update you with the current happening at the reception, okay? Be sure to let your hubby read it too, for I’ll send some photos of the delicacies.”

Ella laughed.

“Come on!” Ella said enthusiastically. “Since he’s my brother and we come from the same mother, he wouldn’t be like the usual baddies.”

“I hope so,” Hebe whispered, and then came to a conclusion concerning their parents, “Are your parents coming?”

“You should hope so, and regarding your question… I don’t really know, Hebs. I know it’s been years that they’ve attempted trying to get over the fact of Calvin being straight, being gay, and being straight again. I attempted to convince them, so they should perhaps know better if they still want to see me in the near future,” and then Ella finished the touches on Hebe’s hair, hugged her best friend and exited the room granted the permission to.

Ella, upon exiting Hebe’s dressing room smiled at the two figures that welcomed her.

The first being Chun, her husband, with their four-year-old son in his arms and the second being his brother, Calvin, who looked like he was attempting to come into the bride’s dressing room.

Calvin, being the groom, wore a white suit with a light purplish tint for the ribbon corsage along with the carnation Hebe picked.

On the other hand, Chun, just like Calvin, wore a white suit only that Chun’s had black plaid lines. Inside the suit, he wore an inner white polo with slanted lines and on top of it a grey vest. On the polo fixed a red and white vertical striped necktie. His now black hair, naturally styled to the left.

What about Cole? How to describe Cole? Cole had on a suit, just like his dad, only smaller, of course. He is white. He has white chubby and pinchable cheeks. His eyes are chinky just like his mom and had ruby red lips just like his dad. Chun and he are really very alike. Just like his dad, he’s very bashful, but when it comes to his mummy and daddy, he isn’t. He may be naughty at times, making his mummy worry a lot compared to his daddy who enjoys every remarkable trouble his son makes. Chun thinks it’s cute, especially because Ella’s always to follow.

“Not so fast!” Ella exclaimed, and took a knowing glance at Chun that they, Calvin and her, be given some sibling time alone first. “The bride isn’t allowed to see the groom!”

“Err, damn those sayings,” Calvin sighed in surrender, leaning on the wall beside the door to Hebe’s dressing room.

“Keep the words at a minimum, my son can hear you.” Ella warned and glared at Calvin.

“Oh, before I forget…” Calvin whispered. “Aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

“Eh, uh, yeah, I was supposedly going to do that right after stepping out of Hebe’s dressing room until you attempted to barge in and I have to secure the locks just so you won’t be able to enter.” Ella said in one breath. “So, yeah, Calvin, my ex gay-headed kind of a brother, I’d like to congratulate you for winning my best friend’s heart?” she sounded half-meant and half-serious, considering the fact that she didn’t think over whatever she just said and sounded kind of question-yy.

And then she hugged him all of a sudden and cried, saying, “You know, even if you aren’t the best brother in the world, you’ll still be… for me. Even if you were a gay at first, I’d still accept you for who you are. Even if I wasn’t always there, I still would want you to keep thinking of your sister every other day.”

“Now, now, Ella, if you don’t want your husband,” Calvin pointed to Chun, “…to get so jelly about what’s happening, get off me now.”

“No,” Ella said. “I’ll hug my brother as long as I want. You know, since you’re getting married, I won’t be able to hug you like this anymore in the near future, so cherish the love I’m giving to you.” They laughed.

“Hey, before I forget…” Calvin whispered to Ella’s ear, remembering something due to the faint sound of palpitations he is hearing, “Have you told him yet about you-know?”

“I’ll tell him,” Ella said, “Later during our celebration.”

“Just be sure,” Calvin warned. “Don’t let history repeat itself.”

“I’ll be sure about that,” Ella nodded. “Now, if you may go back to your dressing room and fix your corsage that I just messed up with.”

“Ella… y—“ Calvin was cut upon Ella walking past him. “…you take care.” He just whispered.

“Now, how’s my baby?” Ella enquired, walking past Calvin as she took Cole, Chun and hers four-year-old son, from his daddy’s hold upon walking toward them.

“He’s fine, often looking for his mommy, neglecting his daddy,” Chun pretended to be all childish, wanting to receive some remark or reward from his wife as to taking care of their dear child.

“Yeah, he does, really,” she agreed, taking her son from his arms and placing it unto hers, “That’s because daddy’s always away.”

“You okay?” he asked in pure concern, taking into consideration the sweat on her forehead. “You seem tired,” taking out his handkerchief; he wiped his wife’s sweaty forehead.

“Don’t,” Ella warned and jerked away. “The make-up will smudge.”

“I’ll make re-touches for you,” Chun offered. “Even then, you’re more gorgeous without make-up, so it doesn’t really mind. You just put some gloss and blush on anyway.”

“Fine,” she sighed out in surrender, letting Chun do his thing.

“Oh, have you told Hebe that we wouldn’t be able to attend the reception?” he enquired.

“Yup,” Ella assured him and gave him a pleasant smiled with the ‘ok’ sign with her hands. “All’s fine.”

--

“…I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the officiant announced, and right after that came Calvin who immediately kissed Hebe.

After what seemed like an eternity, “I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Chen,” and then the guests stood, applauded, ready for the upcoming short photo shoot.

But before anything else…

Hebe, who intertwined his hands with Calvin, immediately ran over to where Chun and Ella were and pulled him along with her.

“Cal, I just need to say one thing to Ella before they leave,” Hebe said.

“Oh-o-okay,” Calvin replied, already being pulled along with the running Hebe.

“Hey, what’s the rush for?” Ella enquired to the not-so panting Hebe.

“We just want to say bye is all,” Hebe replied. “Take care, Elle? Happy anniversary to the both of you and Cole...” she turned to Cole, “be a good boy, okay?” and then he nodded, hugging his mummy’s legs.

“Before I forget…” Ella said. “I purposefully didn’t tell you this Calvin, but… please, do take care of Hebe. If I find out that you’re cheating with another boy, I’ll strangle the hell out of you.”

“Now, now, Mrs. Almighty-Wu, what made you think that I’ll cheat on her with a boy?” he smirked. “And isn’t it the other way around that you’d be supporting your brother? Saying that Hebe isn’t supposed to cheat on me?”

“Well, it applies to the both you, so it doesn’t really matter.” Ella retaliated, fixing up a brow directed to her brother.

The newlywed couple could only smile.

“Mind you, I have a surprise for both of you,” Ella started. “I told them to come, and so they did.”

And then along with Chun, came in Mr. and Mrs. Chen.

“Mum, dad,” Ella said. “We’ll be off now,” she lightly tapped her mother’s shoulders and then turned to his dad for a smile. Right after, Chun carried Cole, supporting his back with his right hand, while the other, intertwined with Ella’s.

“It’s time they fix the misunderstandings,” Ella said.

“Indeed,” Chun nodded in agreement, their little son drifting off to sleep in his arms. “I’m glad my wife’s working it all out.”

“No, not quite,” Ella said.

“Why isn’t it?” Chun enquired.

“The celebration isn’t done yet,” Ella informed and as hyper as she is did she pull Chun hurriedly to their car, not taking note that he was carrying the sleeping Cole.

Ella settled at the middle seat along with Cole. Cole lay down comfortably on her mommy’s lap, while Chun, on the other hand, drove through Kaohsiung City.

“Since we’re in Kaohsiung, where’d you want to celebrate?” Through the mirror of the car, Chun looked at Ella.

“We can go to The Cijin District, if you guys would want. I don’t know why, but I kind of miss the taste of seafood and…and there’s Dream Mall to roam around in, and the British Old Embassy to enjoy a beautiful view of Kaohsiung. I’ll never forget the Urban Spotlighting here too.” Ella said.

“Elle, you seem hyper,” Chun chuckled. “Did Hebe let you eat anything weird?”

“Nope,” she quickly retorted, stuttering, “It’s just that…that…”

“That what?” Chun enquired.

“That I’d just like the three of us to enjoy the day,” she smiled, and yawned at the same time. “I…I have to tell you something important too later, once we arrive.”

“Why—“ and then he looked back, and she was sound asleep, her hands still tightly secured around their little boy.

--

Once they settled in one of the waterfront-side café’s near Love River was the time Chun kept bugging Ella of what the important thing is that she needed to tell him, sitting across each other.

“Hey, what was that thing you told me that is important?” Fixing Cole on his lap, he asked her.

Right there and then, Cole raised his brow up, curious as well as to what that thing is. He told himself that he should listen carefully, but decided otherwise, knowing that his mom told him not to be reckless and on parent’s talk.

“Cole,” she called out. “Mommy says you play at the nearby playground first. Mummy and daddy’s talk wouldn’t take that much time, okay?”

“Okay,” he nodded and jumped out from Chun’s lap, running toward the playground that was just ten feet away from were they settled.

“So, you really want to know,” Ella stood up and then settled down beside Chun.

Finding an opportunity, Chun then put his arms around her shoulders and kissed his wife’s cheek.

“But before anything else,” Chun started. “I have something for you,” he tapped his right side of the pants to assure that the box was there, and then fished it out of his pocket to open the box that contained a beautiful Alexandrite stoned necklace. Ella was happy, yes, but she was more than happy to know that her hubby cares and this, perhaps, would never change. And then he withdrew his arms clinging around her shoulders and took the Alexandrite stoned necklace to put it to Ella’s neck. “Happy anniversary,” Chun chimed.

Immediately, upon the time that the necklace-placing had just taken placed, Ella cried out of utter happiness as she placed her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“Thank you,” she said. “You don’t know how happy I am today.”

And Chun could only ruffle her hair, knowing that everything’s alright.

“So,” immediately, Ella dug out her face from his chest, knowing that she still had to say hers.

“What was it that you were about to tell?” he enquired yet again.

“You see…” Ella started, back to normal, reaching out with her left hand his right hand to direct it right in front of her tummy for him to feel. And then she turned her face to the right to face Chun who was just a few centimeters away from her face, whispering to his ear, “I’m pregnant.”

Upon hearing that, Chun had on a big grin on his face saying, “I’m going to be a dad…again! But how did you know?”

“Does that matter?” she enquired, and pouted.

And then he faced his wife, knowing that it didn’t matter. He looked down her lips, and neared his lips to hers for a kiss out of pure love and elation.

Indeed, they’d always stay the same, even when later comes. Not only with each other now though, but as a family.

The End.

--

Thanks and bye guys! Hope to see you guys again soon. :(( It`s so sad this had to end.