A Dark World

A Story Of Two Brothers
-Seunghyun pov-

I went home early from work cause I don’t feel so good. My head’s feel dizzy. I didn’t get enough rest or sleep these days. I already went to the hospital and the doctor told me that I’ve suffered from a lot of stress.

I slowly walked along the sidewalk. I sighed in relieve when I saw no sign of Eli and his friends.

“Hyung.”A familiar voice called out from behind.

I turned around and saw Minho, smiling as he approached me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I saw you just now so I followed you. So this is where you live? Nice.”

“It just looks nice.”

“Ermm, can I come with you? I’m bored.”

I smiled, “Sure.”

I unlocked the door and motioned him to come inside. He looked around as he sat on the couch.

“Cool place.” He grinned.

“Thanks. You want anything?”I asked as I drank a glass of water.

“No thanks. Where’s Taemin anyway?”

“He’s still at work. He’ll be home soon.”

My phone suddenly rang. I took it out of my pants pocket and answered it.

“Is this the Choi’s resident?”

“Yes why?”

“Can I talk to Choi Taemin’s parents?”

“I’m his brother. What’s wrong?”

I’ve got a bad feeling all of the sudden.

“Well, I’m sorry to say that your brother was involved in a car accident.”

“What? Where is he?”

“At Life Hospital.”

I quickly hung up and rushed to the door.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Minho asked as he followed me from behind.

“Taemin… He’s in the hospital.”

“What?”

“Car accident,” I ran, “Come on.”

-End-

-Minho pov-

“Your brother is okay now but unfortunately,” The doctor sighed, “He’s blind.”

“How come?” Seunghyun hyung asked in depressed.

“Some shattered glasses pieces got into his eyes. But it can be fix if there’s a donor.”

“Take mine instead.” He said without thinking twice.

“What?” I widened my eyes, “You can’t do that. I’m sorry doctor but he’s not okay right now. Can we go now?”

He nodded.

I dragged him outside, “Just what are you doing hyung? You can’t just give your corneas like that.”

“Why can’t I? He’s my brother.”

“I know he’s your brother but you can’t do that. I’m sure he wouldn’t agree. None of us would.”

“He needs it.”

“Both of you needs it. If you’re blind then, who’s gonna take care of him? Please think twice before you do anything.”

He didn’t say anything. He slowly walked away, heading towards Taemin’s room. I sighed and followed him. Taemin was sitting on his bed. His eyes were bandages. He got some scratches and bruises all over his arms and face.

“Taemin,” Seunghyun hyung approached him, “You’re awake?”

“Yeah, you’re alone?” Taemin asked.

“I’m with Minho.”

“Taemin.” I held his hand.

He smiled, “The doctor said I’m blind. Is it true?”

“Yeah.” I replied.

“Well, it’s okay. At least I don’t have to see those people.”

“It’s not okay. I wanted you to see,” Hyun hyung cupped his face, “I wanted you to see me. I wanted you to see me, Minho and Bom.”

“But it’s impossible.”

“No it’s not,” I interjected, “We’ll find a donor for you. We promise.”

“But-”

“You should rest now.”

“Okay.” He sighed and lay down.

“I’m gonna stay here.” Hyun hyung said.

“I’ll accompany you.”

“It’s okay. You should go home now.”

“Sure?”

“Sure. You can go now.”

I walked towards the door, “Call me if you need anything.”

-End-

-Seunghyun pov-

Taemin already asleep so I bought three cans of beers. I took out a small drug pill and swallowed it as I chugged my drink.

I let out a long sighed. My heads still dizzy. I threw away my beer and sat on a blue chair next to Taemin’s bed. Suddenly, my vision gets blurry. Everything seems spinning. My face was all sweaty. I panted hard, trying to steady myself but failed. I buried my head on Taemin’s hand and closed my eyes.

“Hyung, do you think we can live a happy life?”

“Maybe.”

“Well, I don’t think so.”

“Why not?”

“Because we are meant to be like this, meant to live a sad and pathetic s and it’s all… because of you.”

“What do you mean?”

“What do i mean huh? DON’T YOU REALIZE THAT BECAUSE OF YOU, MY LIFE LIKE THIS? YOU MAKE MY LIFE LIKE HELL BECAUSE YOU CAN’T PROTECT ME, YOU CAN’T EVEN PROTECT YOURSELF!”

“Taemin-”

“DON’T CALL ME TAEMIN. I HATE YOU. I RATHER DIE THEN SPENDING MY ENTIRE LIFE WITH A USELESS BROTHER LIKE YOU!”

-End-

-Taemin pov-

I woke up and realized that my hyung was beside me. I could feel his head on my hand.

“Hyung,”I caressed his hair, “Hyung, wake up.”

No answer.

“Hyung.”

Still no answer. My hand roamed around his face to find his forehead. I placed the back of my hand on it and god, he’s burning.

“Hyung, wake up. What happen to you?” I panicked.

“Don’t…. Don’t leave… Me… Please…” He muttered.

Suddenly the door was opened and someone came in.

“Please help. My hyung, he’s not waking up.”

“Taemin, what do you mean?” A familiar female voice said.

“Noona, is that you?”

“Yes, it’s me. What’s wrong with your hyung?”

“He’s not waking up and he’s burning like crazy.”

“Oh my god, he is,” She gasped, “I’ll call the doctor.”

I nodded and waited for Bom noona and the doctor to come.

Hyung, what happen to you and the words that you uttered just now, who leave you?

-End-

-Bom pov-

“What happen to him?” I asked the doctor as soon as he finished checking up on Seunghyun.

“He passed out. But he’s okay now. It’s just that he got a fever and uh, I found out that he took a lot of alcohol and drug pills.”

“What?”

“He should stop taking those things, especially the pills. It might affect his health.”

I nodded and thanked the doctor. Huh, why are you doing this to yourself? Don’t you know that those things could damn your life?

“Noona,” Minho called out, “How is he? Taemin keep asking me about him.”

I turned around, “He’s okay now, just a little fever.” I sighed.

“What’s wrong? Is something bothering you?”

“Seunghyun, he took a lot of alcohol and drug pills. Crazy don’t you think?”

“Is he trying to kill himself?”

“I don’t know. I’ll talk to him about this as soon as he woke up. You should go and accompany Taemin. Tell him that his hyung is okay. I’ll be there soon.”

“Sure. I’ll see you later.” Minho exited the room.

I sat on the bed, staring at the pale face. His heart beats at a normal pace. His breathing is steady and so does everything. I make sure that everything is okay before I leave to check up on Taemin.

I caressed his face and whispered softly to his ear, “Just hang in there.”

-End-