When Seunghyun Knows

A Story Of Two Brothers

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

Today, Taemin didn’t go to school. His reason was that he doesn’t feel well. Well, it’s been almost 3 days he didn’t feel well. I wanna bring him to the clinic be he refused. Strange… he didn’t show any signs of sickness. Could he just be pretending to be sick so that he doesn’t have to go to school to avoid those bullies?

 

I watched him from afar. He was daydreaming on his bed. I cleared my throat, approaching him. I sat on the edge of his bed. He gave me a smile that only lasted for a few seconds. He doesn’t looked good… he seems bothered.

 

“You can always tell me anything.” I said, patting his head.

 

He sighed. He sat up and sits beside me, “I just… I just got bored with school… that’s all.”

 

“Bored with school?” I furrowed, “You can’t say that.”

 

He smiled, gave me a hug and left…

 

The next day, I went to school. I need to see the principal. I’m pretty sure Taemin is hiding something from me. He never got bored of school. Besides, he always does well in his studies. He once told me that he doesn’t wanna give up on his study because of those bullies. It was lesson time so I’m sure the hallway was quiet and empty.

 

As I walked along the hallway, I stumbled into someone… Jiyong…

 

He tilted his head and grinned. He asked what I’ doing here so I told him that I wanna see the principal. He mocked me but I ignored it and walked pass him. But he grabbed my arm and threw me on the floor. He got on top of me, leaning forward…

 

“It’s about that stupid brother of yours isn’t it?” He asked.

 

I looked away as his stares were getting intense. I nodded hesitantly. He smirked in returned and grabbed my collar.

 

“Please,” I pleaded, “I need to go now.”

 

“That stupid already dropped out of school and I’m 100 percent sure that you have no idea about it.”

 

I was speechless and shocked at the same time. Taemin dropped out of school? Is this for real?

 

“Wha… what do you mean?”

 

Jiyong tightened his grip, pulling me closer to him, “Ask him yourself.” He whispered.

 

And with that, he got off of me and walked away. It takes me a moment to pull myself together. I just can’t believe what Jiyong had told me.

 

How could you do this Taemin?

 

-End-

 

-Taemin pov-

 

Mr. and Mrs Park were out. Bom noona and Minho was still at school and Seunghyun hyung was gone to nowhere. I sighed and was about to make my way upstairs when the front door was opened…

 

“Hyung.”

 

He stared at me, closed the door and walked towards me. He seems mad…

 

He grabbed my arm and dragged me to our room. Once we’re there, he pinned me against the wall, trapping me with his arms. I knew it… I knew why he’s like this…

 

“Tell me.”

 

I lowered my head, resting it on his chest, “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to do it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“School means nothing without you by my side, hyung…”

 

“You quit because of me?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

He went silent after that so I looked up at him and he was… crying… He looked away instead of looking at me. I brought my finger to wipe his tears away.

 

Hyung… I didn’t mean to make you cry.

 

“I don’t wanna be the reason for your failure.” He said, choking his tears.

 

Seeing him likes this makes me wanna tear up too. I didn’t mean to make him cry. That’s why I didn’t wanna tell him about this. God… what have I done?

 

“Hyung…”

 

He sobbed even more. I didn’t know what to say anymore so I rested his head on my shoulder. I kept whisper the word ‘sorry’ to his ear. I know it isn’t enough but it’s the only thing I can do. 

 

If only you knew how much you means to me hyung… I don’t have anyone else in this world but you. You’re my only family… you’re the only reason why I still live. I don’t know what’s gonna happen to me if you’re gone.

 

Without you, the world means nothing to me. I’d rather die just to be with you… to be with mom… and dad…

 

-End-