Alone

A Story Of Two Brothers

-Taemin pov-

 

After a week, I went to school again. And this time, without my hyung. He didn’t tell me that he was expelled because of Ryeowook and his friends. No… I found it out myself. I saw a piece of expel letter from the principal.

 

How could they do this to him? Weren’t ruining his day at school enough for them?

 

Stares… smirks… whispers… mocks…

 

Guess things never change…

 

“Ignore them.” Minho patted my shoulder.

 

I lowered my head. For the first time, I felt lonely… lonely cause my hyung isn’t here with me even though I have Minho here with me.

 

As we walked along the hallway, heading to class, Yoochun called out my name. He and his friends walked up to me. I just stood there but Minho grabbed my arm, forcing me to walk.

 

“Look whose back?” Jiyong sang happily.

 

“Don’t you know that we missed you, you little ?” Yoochun laughed.

 

Jaebom swung his arm around my shoulder and played with my necktie. Ryeowook smiled as he stared at me. He put his hand on top of my head, grabbing a handful of my hair gently.

 

“Welcome back to hell,” He greeted, “We sorta missed your dumb brother… mind if we pay him a visit?”

 

The others burst into laughter. I closed my eyes, didn’t want to see their faces. I wished I could close my ears too…

 

“Enough!” Minho suddenly roared, “What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why can’t you just leave him in peace?” He balled his fists, “Aren’t you satisfied getting his brother expelled?”

 

They smirked.

 

Yoochun shuffled his way towards Minho. They shot death glares at each other as Yoochun gets closer to him.

 

“Look kid, you’re lucky that we didn’t treat you like them.” He informed and grabbed Minho’s necktie, “Don’t try to act tough you bastard.”

 

Minho didn’t say anything. He only smirk which makes Yoochun slightly pissed while his friends chuckled in amusement.

 

I could sense something bad gonna happen soon if I didn’t break them up. I tugged Minho’s sleeve, signaling him to leave but he ignored me. He shoved Yoochun’s hand off his necktie, causing Yoochun to stumble a little. He then spun around to my direction. He shoved Jaebom and pulled me behind him.

 

Jiyong cracked his knuckles, ready to beat us off.

 

“Bring it on sissies…” Minho chuckled.

 

Jaebom was about to land a punch on Minho’s cheek when suddenly Bom noona came to the rescue. She swiftly grabbed Jaebom’s balled fist in her palm.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” She asked with anger in her eyes.

 

Jaebom pulled his hand away and backed off. Ryeowook sighed boringly and nudged Jiyong.

 

“That bastard of yours started it.” Jiyong explained.

 

Bom noona raised her eyebrow, mouth slightly opened in disbelieve, “Did you just called him bastard?”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

Scared of another fight, I stepped forward and apologized to those bullies on behalf of Minho. Yoochun seem pissed. He kept glaring at Minho so I turned to him and bowed for forgiveness. In return, he yanked my hair and threw me on the floor.

 

“You son of a !”

 

I fell flat on my stomach and upon hearing Minho’s yelling, I rolled around and gasped. The two of them were punching and kicking at each other.

 

The fight caught everyone’s attention but Ryeowook signaled them to mind their own business by just giving them a look. Bom noona tried to help her brother but Jiyong and Jaebom blocked her way. Everything seems so fast and the next thing that happened was that Bom noona beats them in one blow.

 

I was so amazed to the point that I couldn’t bring myself to get up. Before Bom noona could do anything to Yoochun, Ryeowook commanded him to break it off. Pissed, he harshly let go of Minho’s collar while giving Bom noona a stare. He walked pass Ryeowook, wiping some blood from his mouth and made his way upstairs. Ryeowook spun around and made his way upstairs as well, smiling at me with Jiyong and Jaebom behind him.

 

I gulped. My stomach doesn’t feel good all of the sudden.

 

“Taemin…”

 

My eyes darted at a hand that held my arm.

 

“You’re okay?” Bom noona asked worriedly.

 

I shook my head slowly. She helped me up and tidied my uniform. My eyes then darted at Minho who was uttering something while hissing in pain. He got a small bruise on his right cheek. His lips were bleeding and swollen… His necktie loosen, his shirt is a mess with a few small bloodstain.

 

I felt awful for him… for both of them…

 

None of this would happen if I only I didn’t walk with him to class…

 

“I’m sorry.” I said as he approached me.

 

“It’s… okay,” He smiled, “Right noona?”

 

Bom noona sighed. She tidied her brother’s uniform and wiped the blood on Minho’s lips with a tissue.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“It’s not a big deal actually,” She spoke, “But since you’re still not good with defense and avoiding I think it’s not okay.”

 

“But-”

 

“Enough darling, let’s go to the infirmary.”

 

-End-

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

I smiled when I heard the front door opened. The three of them were back from school. I walked out of the living room to greet them. I paused right in front of them when I saw Minho. His face was bruise, his lips were swollen…

 

What happened?

 

“I’ll tell you about it later.” Bom whispered as she pulled me aside.

 

Minho smiled at me while giving a pat on my shoulder before he went upstairs with Taemin.

 

“They bullied him?” I begin to ask.

 

She nodded, “Minho is short-tempered, just like me but I can control my anger… unlike him. Good thing no one’s die.” She sighed.

 

“I guess asking him to go back to school again isn’t a good idea after all.” I said quietly.

 

“Things happened Hyun, stop blaming yourself… okay?”

 

I gave her a smile as a response. How can I not blame myself? I’m his brother and he’s my brother. I should have known better.

 

I’m sorry Taemin…

 

-End-