The Meaning Of Friendship

A Story Of Two Brothers

 -Bom pov-

Minho, Seunghyun and I went to school together. Dad gave us a ride as usual. I could see Seunghyun’s happy and smiling face. I’m very happy to see him like this. I’m sure this is what he longed for all this time. Oh, mom took care of Taemin and she said that dad and her would find him a donor.

“Thanks Mr. Park.” Hyun bowed as soon as dad dropped us in front of the school gate.

“See ya dad.” Minho and I said in unison.

I linked arm with Hyun as we walked inside the school building. We could see eyes were locking on us. Some were shocked, some were pissed and some were cursing. It’s not because of me, but it’s because of Seunghyun. People don’t like seeing us together which I don’t know why till one day my classmate told me that I was one of the school popular kids. It’s a shock news for me cause I don’t remember doing things that caught people’s interests or attention. I asked her about it and she said that this is all the popular kids doing. So I’m popular now.

But sadly, I don’t feel popular.

“Choi Seunghyun,” A girl suddenly appeared in front of us, “What the hell are you doing with Miss Popular Park Bom?” She said with a y attitude.

“I-”

“He’s my friend.” I cut him.

“Well I’m your friend now. Not this loser,” She rolled her eyes, “I’m Lee Hyori by the way.”

“Lee what?” Minho interjected.

She emphasized, “Lee HYORI. Anyway, the others wanna meet you.”

“No thank you.” I tightened my grip on Hyun’s arm and dragged him away.

But this Hyori girl keeps following and insisting me to come with her and dumped Seunghyun.

“You should go with her.” Hyun said.

“No way.” I uttered.

“Look lady,” Minho said politely, “My noona doesn’t wanna come with you so please, don’t force her.”

“Fine.” She sighed and walked away.

“Thanks sweety.” I kissed Minho’s cheek.

“No problem noona.” He winked.

Hyun chuckled seeing our lovely moments together.

“You want a kiss from me too?” I asked with a smile.

He suddenly blushed and looked at his feet. Minho elbowed my arm, signaling me to give him a kiss. I chuckled and leaned forward to give Hyun a nice warm kiss on his cheek.

Guess what, he blushed even more. Minho clapped his hands, laughing at his blushing Seunghyun hyung.

“Stop blushing.” I poked his cheek.

He nodded in response with a smile. After that, we went to class. And again, evil eyes were staring and glaring at Hyun. I looked at him. He lowered his head, didn’t wanna meet the evil glaring eyes that were staring at him.

“Hey stupid,” Jaebom called out as he approached us, “Just who do you think you are?” He pushed Hyun’s head with his finger.

I pushed his finger aside and pulled Hyun behind me. I gave him a death glare which makes him smirk.

“Don’t touch him.” I warned.

Hyun was quite all the time. I could feel his hand slipped away from mine. I turned around and saw him leaving. Why does he leave me?

-End-

-3rd person pov-

Bom followed Seunghyun to the back of the school building. She looked at him worriedly. She could feel his sadness and emptiness.

“Hyun.” She caressed his cheek.

Seunghyun turned to face her for a couple of minutes before he looked down to his feet again.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

He sighed, facing his back towards Bom, “It’s okay. You’re too perfect to be my friend anyway.”

Bom wrapped her arms around Seunghyun’s waist. She tightened her grip as tears rolled down from her eyes.

“Bom?”

“I…. I can’t stand seeing you like this.”

Seunghyun turned around and wiped her tears away. The two friends were staring at each other, face just a few centimeters close.

Bom sighed and held his hands, “I promise to be with you forever. I’m always here for you, my friend.”

-End-