To See The World Again

A Story Of Two Brothers

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

I’m currently at the hospital, taking care of Taemin. The surgery went well, thank god.

 

Bom were also here to accompany me. I asked her not too but she kept insisting. She obviously got school tomorrow… unlike me but then again, she said it’s not a big deal. She doesn’t wanna go to school because of me. The reason was that her school hours aren’t the same without me.

 

“Hyun…” She called out.

 

My gazed that were focused on my brother were now focused on her. She sighed and gestured me to sleep with her hands. I shook my head, telling her that I’m not tired or sleepy.

 

“Your eyes seemed tired.”

 

Tired?

 

 I turned to the small table beside me where a small mirror was standing on it. Bom brought the mirror cause she would likely to checked herself in the mirror.

 

Well, my eyes do looked tired. But I don’t feel like sleeping at all. And that’s because I can’t wait for Taemin to open his eyes and look at me and the world around him like he used to…

 

 “Hyun…” Bom called out again.

 

“I don’t feel like sleeping.” I answered.

 

She was just concern for me, I know that. But it looks like she concerned for me more than herself. I have my nap during the surgery. So that’s mean I already have my rest.

 

“You should rest,” I said, “I didn’t have any ever since this morning.”

 

She nodded, “Just… tell me if you need anything.”

 

I smiled in reply. She then took out her purse and headed to the door.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Canteen.”

 

Oh… Okay then.

 

Not long after Bom’s left, I could see Taemin’s finger moving slightly… and so does his eyelids. I held his hand with both hands, placing it on my chest.

 

Open your eyes Taemin… open it so that you can see me…

 

His eyes slowly fluttered open. He was staring at me. A smile formed on his lips. He opened his mouth to speak but his voice was soft and weak.

 

-End-

 

-3rd person pov-

 

The next morning, Minho and his parents went to visit Taemin. They brought him lots of food. They were very happy to know that the poor boy could see again.

 

After that visit, they left, leaving the boy with his brother. Taemin got out of bed slowly. He looked at his brother who seems to be daydreaming by the window.

 

He smiled. He approached his brother and hugged him. Looking at the younger boy’s fragile arms, Seunghyun flashed a smile and wrapped his arms around the young boy’s neck.

 

“Don’t do that again,” He whispered, “Ever…”

 

“Hyu… hyung?”

 

“Promise me…”

 

The boy bit his lips. He closed his eyes and hugged his brother tighter, “Promise me to quit drinking and taking those drugs.”

 

The boy words made Seunghyun freeze. He didn’t expect Taemin to remember those bad habits of his. He just nodded. He cannot promise whether he could quit or not.

 

“Thank you hyung…”

 

-End-