Running Away

A Story Of Two Brothers

 

-Taemin pov-

 

That night, I’ve decided to tell the Park family about my secret. I told them after dinner. They were shocked, especially Mrs. Park. She was about to cry but she hold it. Bom noona kept shaking her head while rubbing her temples. Mr. Park was patting my shoulder while Minho sighed deeply and as for my brother… he just gave me a blank stare.

 

After that, Seunghyun and I went to the nearby shop to buy some groceries. I waited for him outside. I leaned against the wall, next to the alley.

 

Everything was quiet and peaceful when a sudden yelping and whimpering voice broke it. It sounds like it came from the alley. Being the curious type of boy, I walked along the dark alley and saw three men in black with a guy on a floor. One of it men took out a knife and stabbed the poor guy. I widened my eyes upon seeing such horror scene. Never have I witness something so cruel before in my life…

 

“Hey kid!”

 

One of the men shouted at me. They made their way to me so I quickly make a run for it. I could see Seunghyun hyung standing right in front of the shop. I ran towards him, grabbed his wrist and told him to keep running.

 

“Stop!”

 

We both looked back as the three men chased us. Seunghyun hyung glanced at me and took my wrist, leading me. We ran and ran and finally found a place to hide. We hid behind a huge green dumpster.

 

We could hear the men’s footsteps stopped as soon as they didn’t see us in sight anymore.

 

“Seungri, called the others and asked them to watch out every neighborhood in this area. We have to find that kid.”

 

“And the other kid?”

 

“Him too. Jonghyun, come with me.”

 

“Yo, I got a mission for ya. We got two people to hunt so watch out every neighborhood in this area. I’ll contact you later for more detail.”

 

The night went silent after that. They have left… I couldn’t believe what I’ve just heard. Are they going to kill us?

 

“What happened Taemin?” Seunghyun hyung asked with shaky voice.

 

“I…I saw them killed someone and they saw me. So they chased me and I run-”

 

“Okay,” He cut me, “That’s enough…”

 

“Hyung…”

 

He closed his eyes. He seems to be thinking of something.

 

He then opened his eyes and looked at me, “We have to run away. We can’t stay.”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Our lives are in danger. We’ve become a gangster’s target. We have to leave.”

 

“To where?”

 

He sighed lightly, “I don’t know…”

 

-End-

 

-Seunghyun pov-

 

When midnight struck, we went back home. We took our important stuff and before leaving, I left a note for Bom and her family.

We didn’t know where to go but what important is that we have to leave this area.

 

The sky was getting darker and soon, rain started to fall. We stopped at an alley and saw a box for shelter. I asked Taemin to get in the box for shelter.

 

“It can only fit for one person.”

 

“Just go in there or you’ll be sick.”

 

“What about you?”

 

“Don’t worry about me. Just go.”

 

Without another protest, Taemin gets inside the box. He brought his legs to his chest, wrapping his arms around it.

 

And as for me, I settled down right in front of Taemin. I pulled my jacket closer as the rain started to get heavy. I was soaked but I don’t mind as long as Taemin stays dry and okay.

 

-End-

 

-3rd person pov-

 

The little boy watched his brother shaking and soaking under the heavy downpour. He hugged his legs tightly. He couldn’t near seeing his poor brother. He wished he could do something so his brother won’t have to freeze under the cold rain.

 

He offered his brother the box but he refused. He was tired to keep on insisting so he gives up.

 

And so their night was spent under the dark, cold and wet sky. When morning comes, the younger boy crawled out of the box and woke up his brother.

 

“Hyung, wake up.”

 

His brother fluttered his eyes opened. He looks pale and unwell. He tried to cover it but his little brother already noticed it.

 

“See, you’re sick now.”

 

The older boy didn’t say anything. He stayed in his position while placing his hand on his forehead.

 

“You’re burning,” Taemin said as he cupped his brother’s cheeks, “Let’s go to the pharmacy.”

 

The two brothers slowly made their way to the pharmacy. After they’re done buying the medicine, the little brother bought a bottle of water for his brother to eat the medicine with.

 

“Huh, I felt better now…” Seunghyun let out a deep sighed, “Well, we should go now.”

 

-End-