Quiting

A Story Of Two Brothers

 

-Taemin pov-

 

It’s almost midnight and I’m not asleep yet. I just couldn’t. I kept thinking of something, something that keeps bugging my mind ever since this afternoon.

 

I stared at the blank white paper that was lying on my desk. I’ve been staring at it for almost an hour now.

 

Seunghyun hyung was already drowned in his sweet dreamland. I can’t help but smiled seeing his sleeping face. He looks calm and happy…

 

My eyes darted at the paper back. I closed my eyes and made a decision, a decision that would probably change my life forever…

 

When the clock struck 7, I quickly got out from bed and took a quick shower. I sleep at around 12.30 so I’m still sleepy. After shower, I skipped breakfast and walked to school alone.

 

As I walked along the school hall, I took out the piece of paper that I’m gonna give to the principal. I went straight to the principal’s office without dropping by my class.

 

“Oh Taemin,” Mr. Kang smiled, “Have a sit. What is it?”

 

I just stand there on my position instead of sitting on the chair. I sighed and handed the paper to him. He furrowed, took the paper and gasped after reading its content.

 

“I’ll be going now.” I bowed.

 

As I was about to leave, he stopped me with his voice. He raised from his chair and walked up to me.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yes… I am. My brother is not here anymore so I think I should too.”

 

“But Taemin-”

 

“Thank you Mr. Kang,” I cut him and smiled for the last time, “goodbye…”

 

After bidding him goodbye, I quickly made my way to the main entrance, hoping that I could avoid those bullies. Unfortunately, they were skipping class as usual and were happened to hangout at the main entrance.

 

“Skipping school?” Jiyong furrowed.

 

I shook my head. I didn’t wanna tell them that I’ve send a quit letter to the principal.

 

“You wanna be just like that dumb brother of yours.” Ryeowook stated, smirking, “Pathetic.”

 

He gestured his friends with his head and they walked pass me, pushing me by the shoulder and head. I sighed, tightened my grip on my bag pack strap and exited the school building, never gonna be return.

 

When I returned home, Seunghyun hyung was quite surprised to see me home so early. He asked me why but I just tell him that I’m not feeling well. He then asked me to go upstairs to rest.

 

I’m sorry hyug. I couldn’t tell you about this. I’m pretty sure you’ll disagree with my decision so I have to do this alone. And now, I don’t know how long I can keep this secret from you, from Minho, from everyone…

 

-End-