Appa or Oppa?

My Cappy Love My Heart (Hiatus)

It’s been two years since Nicole’s death and you was starting to speak and walk.

you  ran to Siwon crying.

“Appa, owwie!” She showed him the scratches she got from falling moments ago.

“Appa, no want bad boo-boo!”

At this point Mrs. Choi walked in on the two. Although she felt remorse for the two, she knew that it would be best to associate the two as siblings.

“Siwon-ah, I think it’s time that she stops calling you appa. Choi Seung Hyun is still on the search for his daughter. As you know he can be very ruthless. He has already depleted an entire company just because they were selling one product similar to one of the many that they produce.”

Being the worrying mother that she was she went on to the verge of tears.

“If he were to learn of his daughter’s death he would be furious. Not to mention if he learns of the birth of a grandchild. I couldn’t stand to live if he were to take her away from us.”

At this exact moment the tears started to pour from her eyes in a non-stop puddle of water.

“Umma, do you realize how hard it will be for me to have my daughter acknowledge me as her sibling? I don’t think I could handle it!”

“Siwon-ah, this is not about you anymore this is about her, and what is best for her. But let me ask you this son, would you be able to see her and calling you oppa or never seeing her again and think that her father has abandoned her?”

Realization truly hit Siwon at this point. you was his and Nicole’s baby, created by their love, a combination of the best of the two.

Not having her would be like losing Nicole all over again.

“It is a good thing you look exactly like your appa, Siwon, she may not even know the difference, and she is still young.”

“Yes umma, your right, as long as she is with me I will be fine.”

True he was lying and covering his true feelings but he knew that his mother was and usually was right and this was no option.

“Very good, your appa will have a grand party to acknowledge her as our daughter to our friends, family, clients, and country. This is for the best, you know that right?”

“Dae umma.”

Siwon looked towards the baby that was clinging onto him
sleeping while his mother exits the room.

“Baby girl, from now on I’m your oppa, understand?”

As he actually said the words and felt them pouring out of his mouth a tear started to roll down and he didn’t realize until the drop dripped onto the precious face of his baby.

(Inner mind: I love you as my daughter although I will call you sister.)

Of was the next day and everyone was rushing like mad to set up the mansion and cater the food. Mrs. Choi was so busy that she didn’t even notice her husband standing at the door with arms outstretched towards her.

“Yah, your husband has returned and this is how you treat me?”

Finally his wife turns towards him surprised.

With a smirk implanted on his face she literally jumped towards him in a big bear hug.

“Yeobo!”

Now she was attached to him like a leach.

“Ok let go now, I can hardly breathe. I want to see my son now.”

As the two made their way into the parlor they noticed Siwon sitting with his head down looking as depressed as ever.

“Son.”

With that Siwon looks up with a tear filled face. The last thing he ever wanted to do was to disappoint his father and place a burden on him.

“Appa, I’m so sorry! Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!”

Siwon now was becoming hysterical.

“Siwon-ah, you did nothing wrong! You fell in love, when
its love nothing else matters. Now clear up your tears. I want to see the new addition to our family.”
Mrs. Choi rushed into the nursery which startled the sleeping baby.

As she cried Mrs. Choi placed her in front of the two appas.

“Baby, go to appa!”

The baby looked at the two men confusion written all over her face. The two looked exactly like her appa.

Noticing the hesitation in his daughter Siwon turned away from the baby indicating that the other man next to him was her father.

Just like that she made a dash for the man that was looking directly at her with his arms wide open she screamed with joy.

“APPA!”

Although his father may have been overjoyed with happiness he was literally dying inside.

Siwon’s world from this very moment was turned upside down.