Forget Me Not

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

      You spend the whole night reminiscing on wonderful memories you had of your brother. The images flitted through your head and it all of a sudden stops on the time when you guys were at the park. The memory played like it happened yesterday.
     
      "Look, Heejin, a butterfly!" Your brother marveled at the fragile thing. 
     
      "What's so important about a silly butterfly oppa?" He lets out a small laugh and continues to stare at the butterfly. 
     
     "Mom used to always say if they land on you; that you have good luck from now on. " He smiles at you. You give him a look clearly stating you think he's crazy. 
     The memory shortly fades away. 
     *So much for good luck.*
~~~~
     Soon it was morning and you automatically do the daily routine. Put on your uniform, brush your hair, brush your teeth, etc... 
     A small, tired sounding voice perked up," Heejin, you okay hunnybun?" Yoomi walks into your bedroom and gives you a look of grief. 
    You look at her and try to get rid of your tears, epically failing. 
   
    "Aw." Yoomi says lovingly.
   
    "It's okay. Let it out. Cry your heart out on my shoulder if necessary. Whatever helps." Yoomi pats your back as you cry. 
    A few minutes later your crying spell has ceased. 
~~~
      You and Yoomi head into class and take your seats. 
     
      "Settle down class. I know all of you are ready to present what you have done for your poem assignment. " Ms. Lee said a little bit to cheerfully for such a gloomy morning. 
     
      "If it has something inappropriate or too personal in it, do not present it. Just give it to me." Ms. Lee clearly stated. Basically if you were going to be immature, you weren't going to embarrass her. 
      Half of the class walked up and gave her their papers.
     *Am I really in a literature class filled with s?*
     
     "Ms. Kwon, you're going first today."
     *It so isn't my day today, is it?*
     You let out a sigh and walk to the front of the room.
         I don't know what to say
        because yesterday was
        your last day.
        I didn't know what to do,
       but all I COULD do 
       was cry for you.
      For you not to be gone.
     For this to be all a dream,
    a cruel torturous nightmare,
    but sadly, it isn't. 
   Kwon Hyunsoo is what 
   I will read on your gravestone,
   but in my mind I read so
   much more. 
   I read that a loving friend, like 
   the one  I had
  when I was little was yet
  lost again.
  But this feeling inside me
  is so much more. 
  I lost my family member
  and I didn't even get to say
  that I love you.
~~~~
      The whole time you were reciting your poem you were looking down. You finally raise your head and a crying classroom is revealed. Even Yoomi is crying, and she hardly ever cries.
     
     "That was really... emotional Ms. Kwon." Ms. Lee said stifling soft sobs. 
     
     "Thanks," you muttered and head straight back to your seat.
      The bell rings and everyone heads off in different directions, scurrying to the cafeteria.
~~~~
     
      "Heejin, I never knew you had so much, emotion built up inside. How were you supressing it all? " Yoomi asks as you enter the cafeteria. 
     
      "Well, I wrote that, so it was one way of coping. I actually can't cope well. I don't know if you noticed, but I was up all night. Crying over him." You look over towards Yoomi and you see that in her eyes that she has decided to drop the subject.
      You guys walk over to your normal table, sit down, and chat a bit. Yoomi was obviously trying to keep your mind off what happened. You smiled, showing your appreciation for what she was doing.
     
      "Yoomi, have I ever told you what a great friend you are? " You give her a hug and continue to talk about what to do when you get home.
     A familiar looking guy walks over to your table.
   
      "I would like to sincerally show my respects for your brother's death. I am truly and deeply sorry. " He bows and walks off.
    *Well that was a nice strange thing to do.*
~~~~
    (2 days later. The Funeral.) 
   Today, was the day. The day your brother's ashes were going to be buried. You search for your finest black clothes and head to the car. 
   
   "Today we are gathered to honor the life of Kwon Hyunsoo, which was shortly lived." The funeral director continues on with the normal routine and states that he will clearly be missed. It's not until the point where they show his baby picture that you burst out in tears. You have seen this picture many times before, but this time emotion flows through your body. Anger, why did he have to die. Sadness, he was the only person ,besides Yoomi, that you loved. The most important one that struck you the hardest was the feeling of loneliness. You now knew you were forever alone, no matter what. You will no longer have your big and strong oppa to protect you. The casket is moving underground and the funeral is over, but you refuse to leave.
      You stand under the tent mourning over your brother. You can't leave for some reason. Your feet refuse to walk away and your eyes refuse to stop crying. You sit down on your knees. You are then pulled to your feet and moving away from your brother's gravesite. 
      *Goodbye oppa.*