Nothing Is Fine

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

       Although the walk home was in complete silence, when you arrived at the house Jaehyo was no longer silent. He was spending most of his time with you trying to make you feel better.
 
      "Don't worry Heejin. U kwon will remember you. I bet my life on it." Jaehyo pats your back reassuringly.
 
      "Don't say that because if he doesn't than you'll be dead as a doornail like my brother! Then haunt me for the rest of my life!" You scream at him.
 
      "Heejin, stop being superstitious. I'm not going to die because I said that. Stop spazzing." He ruffles your hair. He goes upstairs for a little while and you roam the house downstairs, but eventually get bored and watch some tv. 
~~~
 
      A few tv shows later, Jaehyo walks down the stairs to come check up on you. He appears to be wearing a pikachu outfit. 
 
     "You okay Heejin? Do you need anything? Are you hungry?" He leans down close to your face. 
 
     "First off, what in the world are you wearing and WHY?" You look at him strangely.
 
     "Oh this?" He pulls on the ear of the outfit.
 
     "It makes look innocent." He turns side to side, like a child who is being accused of something. 
 
     "Oh and I am hungry. Do you have ramen?" You ask.
 
     "Yeah, of course. We pratically live off that stuff. " He goes into the kitchen to fix the ramen. You pull your knees up to your chest and let out a supressed sigh. *Why does this always happen JUST as I'm happy once again?* 
 
    "HEEJIN, IT'S READY!" Jaehyo shouts. You walk into the kitchen and begin to eat.
 
    "Thanks so much oppa." You see a twinkle in his eye.
 
    "It's no big deal." He grins and fixes himself some ramen.
 
    "No, I mean for trying to cheer me up when another friend of yours is in the hospital. It really means a lot."  The next 15 minutes continue in a silence as you two finish the food.
 
   "Would you like to go back to the hospital?" Jaehyo asks as he dabs his face getting rid of any left over food. 
 
   "No, I'd rather not have him stress out trying to remember who I am. One it will just make me depressed again and two he'd throw another fit. I think it's better if I stay, but if you would like to go, I can just go home. I'd understand." Jaehyo shakes his head. 
 
   "I am NOT leaving you alone. I have done that once and look what happened. You were kidnapped and U kwon has recieved memory loss. I am not doing that again. You mean too much to me as it is." Jaehyo looks at you with worrisome eyes. 
 
   "I can call Yoomi and ask how he is doing if you would like me to. It's the best I can offer since you refuse to leave." You grab your phone and start to dial Yoomi's number.
~~~
     ~Warning warning warning warning 
       Warning warning warning warning~
 
   Yoomi answers the phone in a giddy tone. 
 
   "Hey Heejin!" She sounds too happy for the terrible day that you have had so far. 
 
   "Hey Yoomi. How's Ukwon doing?" You ask and Jaehyo looks up, his worrisome eyes hoping everything is great. 
 
   "He's doing great! Here's something funny, he remembers me, but not how we met. Weird right?" You hear laughter in the background.
 
   "Yeah, weird. I'll see you later." You hang up the phone and can feel your heart breaking inside your chest. 
 
   "How is he?" Jaehyo asks as soon as you put your phone away.
 
   "He's doing great oppa. I even heard laughter before I hung up. I'm gonna take a nap, okay?" You give Jaehyo a hug and lay down on the couch. You slowly drift off to the best sleep you've had in weeks. 
~~~
 
   "Heejin, wake up. I have food!" Yoomi taps you on the shoulder and you slightly open your eyes. 
 
   "Mmm, food." You sit up and look around and see that U kwon isn't there but the others are. 
 
   "Where's U kwon? " You ask slightly out of curiousity and slightly out of  anxiousness. 
 
   "The hospital will not release him until tomorrow. Says they need to make sure he's fully okay." 
 
   "No, he isn't." You mummer. You put your back to Yoomi, so she doesn't see you cry.
 
   "What do you mean by that?" Yoomi turns to face you.
 
   "He forgot me. How can you describe that as fine? Nothing is fine anymore!" You burst into tears.  Yoomi hugs you and pats your back.
 
   "Don't worry Heejin. He will remember you. I can promise you that. No one can forget a pretty face like this." She pinches your cheeks and manages to make you smile. *I will try anything to make you smile again Heejin. No matter what it takes. You're my little sister.*