The Note

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

   "You....want to... rejoin?" Youngjae asks as he raises an eyebrow. Zico snickers at his reaction.
 
   "Just this mission. I will do anything to protect Heejin and Yoomi." His face looks stern and cold. Youngjae and Daehyun exchange looks of surprise. 
 
   "Let me just call Yong Guk hyung. I'll ask him how he feels about this."  Daehyun walks out of the door so the others won't be able to listen to the conversation.
 
   "So I have to call Jae Min hyung?" Daehyun asks Yong Guk.
 
   "That would be the best thing to do. I mean he his the operator of this little orginization we have." Yong Guk hangs up the phone and Daehyun punches in Jae Min's number. 
 
   "Daehyun. What is it now?" His stern voice asks.
 
   "It's about the mission sir." Daehyun replied trying to sound like a proffesional. 
 
   "What mission? There are many missions going on right now. You have to remember, there are many little groups like yours, Daehyun. I have to keep up with all of them." Jae Min replies, sounding a tad bit angry.
 
   "The one with your niece, sir." Daehyun says with a calm voice.
 
   "I'll be there as soon as possible." Jae Min hangs up the phone and Daehyun walks back inside. 
 
   "So what did he say?" Zico asks.
 
   "Well, Jae Min hyung is coming down here. So we'll soon find out." Daehyun looks down at his feet.
~~~
 
   "What's going on down there?" You call from Yoomi's room. 
 
   "Nothing, but you should come down here. We need you with us when the boss gets here." Youngjae says as you walk out of the room and Yoomi follows. *Do I have to make an important decision? If so may the world help us.* Someone knocks on your door. 
 
   "I'll get it." You get up from the couch and open the door. 
 
   "Samchoon?" You stare in amazement. *I thought he was dead. Mom said he died in a car crash and was killed instantly.* You look up at your favorite uncle in the world. 
 
   "Is it really you?" You pinch yourself to see if you're dreaming.
 
   "Yes it's really me. My, my, Heejin you have grown into a beautiful lady." He gives you a hug and you realize that you are not alone.
 
   "Now, back to the important matter." Jae Min turns to face the five guys. 
 
   "What did you need to talk to me about, Daehyun?" He asks with a look of concern. 
 
   "You remember the mission where we lost Hyunwoo, correct?" Daehyun asks as he remembers that dreadful day.
 
   "Yes, but didn't these three, including the others that were involved, drop out?" Jae Min give Bbomb, Zico, and Ukwon a confused look.
 
   "Yes Jae Min hyung, but they were considering rejoining in means of protecting your niece and her friend." Daehyun says and Jae Min nods his head.
 
   "Yes, of course they can rejoin. They are among the best group of fighters I have ever seen. The group that this was before was the best group this orginization has had in twenty years." Jae Min walks towards the door.
 
   "And I can promise you if one hair on my little niece's head is harmed Yong Guk dies first." Jae Min leaves Yoomi's house with that last threat.
 
   "So, we can't screw this up." Daehyun says.
 
   "Thank you captain obvious." Zico cracks a smile.  
 
   "You need to go tell the others and I need to call Yong Guk." Daehyun sits on the couch and prepares for an earful of cussing.
 
   "Oh, that's typical of Jae Min hyung." Yong Guk says laughing. 
 
   "So you're not mad?" Daehyun raises an eyebrow.
 
   "No of course not. Just...please don't screw this up. I don't want to die at the age of 23." Yong Guk lets out a nervous chuckle before he hangs up.
~~~
 
   The guys prepare for tonight's house watch and you grow tired and bored, so you just march up to your bedroom. 
 
   "Good night Heejin! Good night Yoomi!" Daehyun and Youngjae chorus. 
 
   "Night." You mumble, obviously too tired to talk. You toss and turn in your sleep, but never wake up.
 
   "Daehyun hyung. I'm watching first. Go to sleep." Youngjae demands and the house watch begins.
 
   Somewhere between four in the morning and six, both Youngjae and Daehyun are passed out. A figure dressed in all black and wearing a ski masks walks up the concrete driveway in front of Yoomi's house. He puts something on the door and walks away just as silently as he came. 
~~~
 
   The sun seeps in through your bedroom window and shines into your eyes. *Aish sunlight, why do you hate me?* You wake up and check your alarm clock. *Nine. Lovely.* You let out a sigh and walk down the stairs. *Aw. Look at the sleeping...babies.*  You look outside the window and notice a piece of paper on the door. You walk out side and grab the piece of paper.  On it was words written in red ink that reminded you of blood.
 
   The note said, 
             I'm closer than you thought.
             Every battle fought 
             has a few dissapointments.
             Even on the winning side. 
                                                        ~Live long, 
                                                               Anonymous.