Slipping Through His Fingers

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

   "Boss, why do you want your daughter back? I mean after all you told me you hated her, so why bring her back?" The figure sat down across from your step-father. Your step-father let out a sigh and placed his elbows on the desk.
 
   "You understand liabilities, correct? If you don't I am going to send you out of this room right now because then you would be considered an idiot." The man slightly nods his head.
 
   "Good. Heejin is a liability. Everyday she is getting closer and closer to discovering that I am a killer and will eventually tell her mother. I can't have that happen." He turns around with his back facing his employee.
 
   "Go find out where Heejin is right now. Tonight she'll be expecting a little visit from good, old dad." The employee walks out of the room and closes the door behind him. *Oh, Heejin. You better have a good night tonight, because it will be your last.* Your step-father laughs maniacally.
~~~
 
   "Heejin, are you having fun?" Zelo bounces up to you.
 
   "Yes Zelo." You smile at him and look over at a sticker booth.
 
   "UKWON!" You scream and Ukwon runs to you.
 
   "Yeah, Heejin, are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened?" He asks checking your arms and face for any physical cuts or bruises.
 
   "I'm fine. I just want to take pictures with you!" You drag him into the sticker booth. Most of the photos were cute little poses, but in the last one Ukwon kissed you. This gave your stomach butterflies and you felt a spark. *Ukwon, I never thought I would like you as much as I do.* You two grab the pictures and walk to the others. Yoomi snatches the pictures from your hands.
 
   "Aw! Heejin and Ukwon, aren't you two just so adorable?!" Yoomi proclaims loud enough for everyone to hear. The other members of Block B gather around and aww at the picture. Ukwon's cheeks turn a deep red.
 
   "You guys, I'm tired!" You yawn and Ukwon carries you to the van with the others following close behind.
~~~
 
   "Goodbye guys!" You wave as Yong Guk pulls the van out of the driveway and speeds away.
 
   "Come on, let's get you guys inside." Daehyun says. Tonight's guards were Daehyun and Ukwon. *That's odd. They intertwined groups.* You let out a soft giggle and run upstairs to your nice and comfy bed.
 
   "Good night Heejin! Good night Yoomi!" Ukwon and Daehyun say. You slowly drift to sleep. 
~~~
 
   Your step-father's employee climbs up the side of your house and sneaks into your bedroom through the window. He makes sure your in a deep sleep before tossing you over his shoulder and climbing out of the window. He walks slowly to his car, trying not to be seen by Daehyun or Ukwon. He finally gets to his car which is parked about four blocks away and throws you in the back seat. He drives to the old, torn down place where your step-father resides during business hours.
 
   "She's here, sir." The man carries you down the stairs since you are still sound asleep.
 
   "Good, tie her to a chair. We need to be positive that she can not escape." He grins and evil grin as his employee ties you to a chair. A few hours later you wake up and start to panic. 
 
   "Where am I?!?!" You scream. You look around the room trying to find something that you can recall.
 
   "Hello, Heejin." An all too familiar voice says. Your step-father walks into the room.
 
   "YOU?! YOU?!" You flip the chair and yourself backwards because you are so angry. *I should have known.* 
 
   "What do you want with me?!" You scream at him
 
   "To finish what I started." Your step-father grins and pulls out a switch blade.
~~~
 
   Ukwon is the first person to wake up. He walks up to your room and knocks on your door.
 
   "Heejin, I'm making a coffee run. Would you like some?" He asks. When you didn't reply he becomes nervous and walks into your room. He looks down at the floor and notices a muddy footprint.
 
   "Heejin?" He lifts the covers to reveal you're not there. Ukwon runs down the stairs and wakes up Daehyun.
 
   "HEEJIN'S GONE!" Ukwon shakes Daehyun. 
 
   "Hmm, the food is gone?" Daehyun sits up and looks at Ukwon strangely.
 
   "NO! HEEJIN IS GONE!" Ukwon screams again. Daehyun jumps up and wakes Yoomi up.
 
   "Yoomi get up. We have to go." Yoomi walks out of her room and staggers down the stairs. Daehyun calls Yong Guk and twenty minutes later a car screeches to a stop in front of Yoomi's house. 
 
   "Get in." Yong Guk demands. Youngjae looks back at Ukwon.
 
   "YOU LET HER OUT OF YOUR SIGHT!" Youngjae screams at him. 
 
   "WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU? SHE'S NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" Ukwon yells at him.
 
   "APPARENTLY I LOVE HER MORE THAN YOU. YOU LET HER SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS. FOR ALL WE KNOW SHE COULD BE DEAD!" Youngjae almost punches Ukwon in the gut.
 
   "FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER ISN'T GOING TO HELP US FIND HER ANY FASTER! NOW SHUT UP YOU TWO!" Daehyun stops Youngjae's fist and tries to comfort Yoomi to keep her from crying.
 
   "Please, please hurry." Yoomi says between sobs. *Heejin, please be safe.* Yoomi lays her head on Daehyun's shoulder. *She's gone, because of me.* Ukwon pulls out the pictures from the sticker booth and a tear falls down his face. *Heejin, I can't lose you, not know.* Ukwon looks out the window with blurry tear-filled eyes.