Happy Birthday?

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

         "Heejin!" A very enthusiatic Yoomi calls .
             
         "It's Saturday. I don't have to be up right now." you reply grumpily.  She shakes her head.
             
         "You don't remember, do you?" Yoomi points to a calendar and the date she pointed to had big bubbly letters stating that it was your birthday. 
             You slap your forehead, realizing what an idiot you were. 
           
         "So, you're parents probably have something huge planned don't they?" you ask, obviously knowing the answer. 
           You throw on some clothes, brush your teeth, and straighten your hair, which you are now able to do since Yoomi bought you a new one. 
~~~~
          "Mrs. Kim, where exactly are we going?" You ask because the curiosity finally got to you, but before she could answer your phone chirped.
         You answer it and you become enlightened at the sound of your brother's voice. 
       
          "Happy birthday dongsaeng!" He screams through the phone.
       
          "Thank you, oppa." You reply sweetly.
       
          "So how's mom and dad?" He says. 
           You debate whether or not you should tell him what happened and you decide it's better that he knows the truth. 
       
          "Listen, oppa. I know you won't like this, but I ran away. I'm living with the Kim family. You remember Yoomi, right? I ran away because dad hit me. He hit me." You fight back the tears remembering that dreadful day.
     
          "FINALLY!" He bursts out with joy.
     
          "You're not mad?" You're suprised by his reaction because he made you promise not to leave.
     
          "The only reason I made the promise with you is because I didn't want you to run off with some freak, so the Yoomi thing is not really a problem. I'm glad you ran away. Never go back there. I love you so much Heejin."
     
          "I love you too oppa!" 
     
          "Heejin, we're almost there, tell your brother goodbye." Mrs. Kim says.
     
          "I got to go oppa. We're almost at wherever the Kims are taking me. I'll talk to you later."
      He said goodbye and hung up.
      You finally arrive at your destination thirty minutes later. It was Paulie's Pizza Place.
~~~~~
 
       Across the resteraunt in a secluded corner there are seven figures, and one of them is Ukwon.  
      What am I supposed to do? She obviously hates me. I know what to do, hit on her friend, that always works. 
     
       "Hey!" Jaehyo's voice startles Ukwon from his thoughts. Jaehyo points over towards Heejin. 
     
       "I know her." He says, putting his head down like he has something to be shameful about.  Jaehyo shakes his head. 
     
       "She was my best friend when we were little. I betrayed her. I became obsessed with other things and never talked to her again." Jaehyo looks over back towards the group.
     
       "Grow up. She's probably forgotten who you are by now. " Zico  speaks up then  nonchalantly sips his drink like he didn't say anything to make Jaehyo feel worse. 
     
       "True that." Ukwon says, then pats Jaehyo's back, knowing how it feels to be forgotten. 
~~~~
       You look around at the table and feel so loved by your family.
     
       "Thank you guys so much. " You get up to hug all of them and sit back down. 
     Yoomi's eyes begin to so turn into a glare. 
     
       "He's here," she said. 
        You look over to where she was staring and you shake your head, knowing the grudge that Yoomi will hold forever against that poor soul. 
       *I need to say something to distract her.*
   
      "Yoomi! I love you, so please don't do anything reckless today. Thanks." You pat her shoulder calling her back to your attention. 
   
      "Yes mother." Yoomi sticks her tongue out at you playfully. 
   *This will probably be the most memborable birthday I will ever have*