Lost Memories

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

    Jaehyo, B-bomb, Kyung, P.O, Taeil, and Yoomi all arrive at the hospital soon after U kwon is put into a hospital room.  Yoomi sees you anxiously biting your nails and walks over to you.
 
    "Calm down Heejin. He's going to be fine." She pats your back in a comforting manner.
 
    "But what if he isn't? If he dies it's my fault. His death will be on my shoulders forever." You look at the nurse who's talking on the phone. *I swear if she doesn't hang up that good for nothing phone and let us see U kwon I will go insane.*
 
    "Heejin, it is not your fault. It's the guy who punched him. It's his fault." She looks at you. "Do not blame yourself for this. You can't predict the future just as much as I can't grow food in my stomach." You smile just a little at Yoomi's comment.  You look up once again and see that the nurse is still on the phone. You walk over to the desk and take the phone from the nurse's hand.
 
   "Excuse me, she'll have to call you back in just a second, she has a job to do." You hang up the phone and look at the nurse with an extremely serious face.
 
   "Will you please let my friends and I go see U kwon? Thanks it be a generous thing to do." You glare at the nurse until she lets you know his room number.
~~~
 
   You tell the others and they slowly follow your lead. You scan the numbers looking for Room 259. You start to get flashbacks of your brother in the hospital and him dying with you right by his side. *Please don't let that happen today.* You start nearing the end of the hall and finally find U kwon's room. He looks like he's peacefully asleep, but you aren't sure if he is or not.  Everyone finds a place to sit and you take a seat right next to his bed.
 
   You sit there for hours and hours worrying and hoping he's okay. 
 
   "Heejin, you look like you're starving. Do you want me to go get you some food from the cafeteria?" Jaehyo asks.  You nod your head slightly and Jaehyo leaves to go get some food. You look arounf the room and see that the others are passed out. Taeil fell asleep with his head down and his legs pulled up in the chair. Zico and Yoomi fell asleep next to each other. They were near a window and Yoomi's head was on Zico's shoulder. B-bomb fell asleep sitting straight up in his chair. P.O fell asleep on the opposite side of U kwon's bed with his head on the bedrails. Soon enough you fall asleep clutching on to U kwon's hand.
~~~
 
  As your asleep, you have another nightmare. You are in that same cold dark room you were when you were kidnapped. 
 
  "Why am I here...again? I thought Zico injured him enough that he possibly couldn't be walking." You look around the room frantically and begin to scream.  U kwon comes running in the room and the man who abducted you grins an evil grin. He pulls out a gun on U kwon and shoots him directly in the heart. 
 
  "NO!" Tears begin to flood your eyes and you don't try to hold them back. The scene changes and you are in a hospital room with your brother and U kwon. Your brother looks over at you.
 
  "Why didn't you try to save me? I thought you loved me." He says then a burst of flames light his body.  U kwon clutches his bullet wound and his eyes close.
 
  "NO I CAN'T LOSE YOU BOTH. NO JUST NO!" You scream at their lifeless bodies. 
~~~
 
  Jaehyo bursts through U kwon's room and imediately tries shaking you awake. 
 
  "Heejin, wake up. You're dreaming. It's not real wake up." He shakes you until he sees your eyes open just the tiniest bit.
 
  "Was I screaming again?" You ask. Jaehyo nods his head and sits on the arm of your chair. He wraps you in his arms like a loving father would. You start to close your eyes and eventually fall peacefully asleep with no nightmare this time.
~~~
 
  Early the next morning U kwon gains consciousness before anyone is awake. He looks around the room remember everyone but one person. *Why is this girl holding my hand? Do I know her? Should I know her?* He looks over at P.O. *My faithful friend, what would I do without you?* U kwon pulls his hand away from your grasp and your eyes flutter open.
 
  "Oh U kwon, you're awake." You stretch your arms above your head and yawn.
 
  "Excuse me, but who are you?" He looks up at you curiously. *Where do I know her from? She's so familiar.*
 
  "You don't remember me?" You look down at the floor sadly and let a lonesome tear fall.
 
  "Ahh U kwon hyung, you're up." P.O's sleepy expression changes to a smile.
 
  "Hey P.O." He pats P.O's head. By this time the others are starting to wake up and rejoice that U kwon is finally awake. They give him hugs and his face lights up with joy.
 
  "What happened exactly?" He looks up at Zico.
 
  "A door hit your head and some guy punched you in your face." Zico looks down at his feet. *I should have protected him.*
 
  "Why?" He asks.
 
  "We were trying to save Heejin. " Zico nods his head in your direction. 
 
  "Why?" He wonders. *So Heejin is her name. Okay.*
 
  "Because she was in trouble. You should remember this part U kwon." Zico looks at U kwon with stressed eyes.
 
  "WHY? WHY DID WE GO TO SAVE HER? WHAT IS HER IMPORTANCE TO US? WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?" U kwon flings the tv remote at the wall and you run out of his room. *Why can't he remember me?*
 
  "Hyung, call down." P.O states. Jaehyo walks out of the room and sits beside you on the floor.
 
  "Look at me Heejin." You look at Jaehyo with tear filled eyes. 
 
  "Don't worry your pretty face about this situation. He'll come around. He will remember sometime." Jaehyo taps your nose and you wipe your face.
 
  "Do you think you can go back in there or would you like to go home?"
 
  "I would prefer to go to your house. Yoomi's parents aren't home and I don't think I can stay there alone." You say. 
 
  "Okay. I'll be right back." Jaehyo walks into the room and whispered something to Zico.  *What did he say?*
 
  "Let's go home." He walks you outside the hospital and you guys walk home in silence.