The Failed Mission

What To Do With Mr. Vain?

 

   You get bored just walking around and around the mall, so you tell the guys that you are ready to leave.  Youngjae and Ukwon walk beside you, Daehyun and Kyung walk next to Yoomi and behind you. P.O, Taeil, Bbomb, and Jaehyo walk in front of you guys and Zico was nowhere to be found. 
 
   "Where's Zico?" You ask standing on the tips of your toes just in case he was in the very front, but he wasn't.
 
   "He's probably cooling off at home. It's better if you guys just go to Yoomi's house." Jaehyo says as he gestures to the you, Yoomi, Youngjae, and Daehyun.
 
   "Okay." You give all of the guys a hug and turn to go to Yoomi's house. 
 
   "Wait, how are you guys going to watch the house when Yoomi's parents get home?" You look at Youngjae and Daehyun with a curious face.
 
   "We're pratically trained ninjas. If we don't want to be seen, we won't." Daehyun says. You can see a grin forming underneath his mask.
 
   "You guys do know as soon as we get home that I'll be asking a lot of questions." You say looking from Youngjae to Daehyun then back to Youngjae.
~~~
 
   Yoomi unlocks the door and the four of you walk inside.
 
   "What is your first question?" Youngae asks as he looks for a place to sit.
 
   "Why do you and Block B hate each other so much? I mean half the time you guys are at each other's throats." You look into Youngjae's eyes with concern.
 
   "We don't hate each other as much as the fact we hate that we drifted apart." Youngjae paces back and forth as he remembers the awful day.
 
   "You guys, used to be friends?" Yoomi asks.
 
   "Co-workers. We grew to be like brothers. Yong Guk hyung and Zico were as close as can be, but then the most important mission came up. We were looking for a serial killer. The group was Yong Guk, Daehyun, Zelo, Himchan, Jongup, Zico, Jaehyo, Ukwon, Taeil, Bbomb, P.O, Kyung, Hyunsoo, Hyunwoo, and I." Youngjae pauses.
 
   "We split up into five groups of three and covered the places we thought the killer might be. Basically it was a stakeout. We waited for hours then Yong Guk hyung called us and told us to go into the building at all the entrances so we could block his way out. Hyunwoo being his  adventurous self went and explored the place. Yong Guk and Zico didn't know because they were looking at the stairs making sure that the killer didn't find a secret escape. Then...." Daehyun chokes up and tries to fight back the tears.
 
   "That's...when we heared the three gunshots. Yong Guk hyung and Zico made us stay in our positions, so we would be safe. The killer escaped but Jongup and Himchan eventually caught up with him. The worst thing about that night was seeing Hyunwoo's body. The gunshots weren't professional they were random. One was in his leg, one through his neck, and another through his arm. He didn't die instantly is what Yong Guk hyung said. He said that Hyunwoo said he was sorry then he was gone." Youngjae finishes the story with tears in his eyes. 
 
   "But that's not what made Zico and Yong Guk hyung hate each other so much. Over the next few days they stopped talking then one day Zico just exploded into random moods of emotion. He blamed himself for Hyunwoo's death. Yong Guk didn't like that so he told Zico it was his fault. Words went back and forth then eventually they started hitting each other because of the self hate they had. We split up after that and we haven't really talked since." Daehyun says. By the time they were finished explaining you were in tears.
 
   "Heejin don't cry. Please don't cry." Youngjae swiftly got up and gave you a hug. 
 
   "Don't cry. It's in the past. Please don't cry. Just..try to smile." Youngjae pats your head trying to comfort you until you cry yourself to sleep in his arms.