6 | bit by bit

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Third Person POV

"What are you looking at? You alright?"

"No... nothing at all."

Ning possibly realized that Minjeong was staring at her, so she called out. Due to a particular night's nightmare, Minjeong has been quieter than usual, and her best friend couldn't help but worry about her.

The two are eating their lunches in the cafeteria in pure silence while noises fill the background. It's not awkward. It just felt a bit uneasy for the both of them. It's been a while ever since Minjeong had those nightmares.

"You didn't have to go to class today, you know?" Ning puts a spoonful of rice into , "I would've told the professor that you were sick-"

Minjeong forced out a smile, "I'm fine... it was just a nightmare." she munched on her meat. "That was long ago. I moved on."

"Is that so...?"

Minjeong rolled her eyes before playfully pushing her best friend's shoulder. The two exchanged a few laughs and continued eating their lunches.

"Baaabbeee~"

Before Minjeong even realized it. Her best friend's girlfriend was already sitting next to the latter with their arms linked together. They were so lovey-dovey that Minjeong couldn't contain herself and linger her eyes on whatever she could land on.

Right in front of my food?

Minjeong could only snicker at the sight and lose her appetite. She took one last bite of her meat, stood up, and then waved her friend and Aeri goodbye.

However, when she stood up, a loud commotion was suddenly heard at the nearby table. Holding her tray, Minjeong curiously gazed at the scene.

Two men were picking on this particular student, and the student peacefully ate his lunch until one of the men spat on his meat twice. Everyone in the cafeteria stared at the fuss silently, not doing anything.

Bullying? Huh, it's been a long time since I've seen one in action.

Minjeong shrugged off this disturbance and continued to walk toward the counter, though unexpectedly, the two men blocked her way unintentionally as they continued to mock the student.

Never would she think that anything could be more annoying than this. Every eye was now on her since the only students standing in the middle of the commotion were her and the two men.

Examining the two men, Minjeong quickly noticed that both looked like delinquents. She was just about to walk around them but suddenly halted her footsteps as one of the men slammed on the student's table loudly.

"Aren't you going to eat that?" The long-haired man smirked, ruffling the student's hair rashly.

Looking at the student, he was shivering in fear, sitting in silence. He wasn't even that bad looking, although he was a bit chubby, so Minjeong guessed that's why he was getting picked on.

Hmm... Just like in a drama.

Minjeong sighed, glancing at her best friend across the room. As if by instinct, Ning rapidly shook her head and gestured her hands to quickly walk back to their table.

"Read the air, stupid!" She read her lips.

Feeling a bit bad for the student, Minjeong shrugged at her best friend and quietly approached the two men.

"So annoying..." Minjeong exclaimed in a hushed tone, enough for the men to hear.

Even though her voice was faint, it echoed around the noiseless cafeteria, gaining more eyes than ever. Minjeong hated it, yet she couldn't do anything about it since it had already happened.

"What was that?!" The other man approached Minjeong, crouching her level, and began annoyingly poking her temple.

Minjeong just stared at the man, "You're so annoying... you're blocking my way."

"BIT-"

"The both of you to my office now."

Minjeong fixed her glasses and squinted her eyes behind the two men. There, she saw the principal, who was already gripping their uniforms. This made her smile internally while the principal pulled the two men out of the cafeteria.

The commotion was finally disregarded by then, and everyone continued with their lunches. Although some whispers were going around, Minjeong couldn't care less and turned her head to face the student.

"Just take mine," Minjeong puts her second untouched meat onto the student's plate.

"U-Uhm... you shouldn't have bothered. You should stay away from me or you'll ruin your reputation."

"Hey man, I don't care what other people think of you... and I wasn't helping you, they just happened to be in my way. Just pretend that I don't exist alright?" Minjeong patted the student's shoulder before turning around to continue her footsteps.

"W-Wait...!"

Ugh, what now?

Minjeong maintained her poker face and turned her back to look at the student again, "Hah?"

"Can I at least know your name?"

"Absolutely not."

"Oh..." The student pursed his lips, "Then my name's Dong Sicheng!"

"I didn't ask... but alright."

Minjeong shrugged, finally proceeding to approach the counter without any more interrupt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter