46 | almost there

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 5 p.m in the afternoon, and Jimin wasn't able to standstill due to nervousness. She kept walking back and forth restlessly, even more nervous about the fact that her girlfriend was falling behind late as her turn to play on stage was getting near.

"Jeongie... where are you...?" she mumbled to herself with a fist clenched to at least calm herself down.

Today marks the date of Jimin's piano competition that her father signed her up forcefully. She didn't want to participate and would've backed out the moment they were still in Japan, but Minjeong insisted to play till' the end since she wanted to see her in action.

Certainly, Jimin answered hesitantly and agreed. At first, there wasn't any reason to play in the competition but now that her girlfriend came into the picture— Jimin got a boost of motivation and ended up attending for Minjeong.

"This is Rina. Doesn't she look so cute being nervous?"

Minjeong's voice emanated from the restless girl's back, causing her to flinch a little and instantly turn around.

"Hey, gorgeous." The shorter was recording a camera toward her girlfriend, then waved her other hand as a greeting.

Jimin paused for a second before breathing out a huff as she hurriedly approached the latter for a tight embrace, "You're late."

Minjeong snickered. She turned off the camera she had in hand and proceeded to return the taller's embrace, patting her back softly so she could calm down.

"I'm sorry, I had to drive by my doctor's office. Got medicine and some important stuff." she kissed her forehead. "Nervous?"

"I guess, I'm not really usually like this since my father would constantly give me glares and most likely hurt me if I were to show myself being nervous."

"Well, I'm here and it looks like your dad's doing better now— that won't be happening anymore. So play until the last note and leave no regrets... win or not, alright?"

Jimin smiled at her girlfriend's words as she pulled away from the embrace to plant a kiss on the lips that lasted for three seconds. When creating a distance, just in time, a staff who manages the contestants approached the couple and told them how it was Jimin's turn next.

Releasing a long sigh, Jimin hugged Minjeong once again. Really, really, really, tight— the shorter couldn't help but purse her lips and laugh silently.

"Too... tight!"

Jimin instantly pulled away and apologized. Minjeong said to not mind it and focus on her upcoming performance, she'll stay inside backstage to watch her from the sidelines.

Not too long, it was finally Jimin's time to perform and she obediently positioned herself to sit down on the grand piano as soon as the lights turned off. Her girlfriend then stood by the very side of the stage entrance and started recording the camera toward the girl.

As usual, Minjeong didn't display any expressions though her eyes appeared to sparkle whenever she landed her eyes on the taller at the dim stage from excitement.

And when the light eventually lit up, the spotlight shining on her. The crowd breathed out multiple gasps, seemingly enchanted by the latter's goddess-like visuals. It was quiet, well of course it is, the crowd was patiently waiting for the girl to commence.

The very moment Jimin brushed her fingers along the piano's keys, she began to play an unfamiliar yet entrancing musical piece. Everyone was stunned, even Minjeong stood frozen trying to maintain the camera that pointed directly at her girlfriend.

This concentrated state of her was really dangerous.

The melody started slow, quickly shifting into something beautifully indescribable as every press of the key began to get faster and faster, occasionally giving off surprises by changing the speed and tone.

Everyone present in the huge space was too indulged in the girl's performance— they didn't notice that it had already come to an end. The crowd sat in silence for a prolonged moment before bursting into wild claps and cheers.

Minjeong smiled at the sight as she zoomed the camera toward Jimin who was panting due to the nervousness that was still residing inside of her. Despite this, she managed to look composed and allured the crowd even more with her calm expression.

Jimin stood up and bowed at the audience, even roses came flying onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter