22 | doesn't like(?)

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in front of their school's entrance, waiting for the heavy rain to reside. The two girls watched the dark sky drop its tears, releasing their pent-up tensions from earlier.

Thinking about how she hated her best friend without knowing her side of the story, Minjeong scoffed at herself. She stared at the medal she had in hand, analyzing every aspect of it.

It still looked good as new with no damage whatsoever, though the marking looked a bit vague.

She found it fascinating how this metal survived four years after being thrown.

"How did that get there?"

"I threw it away without thinking when I found out you left."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry of, it was scientifically a natural reaction."

"What a weird way of you comforting."

Minjeong snickered, "You know how I'm unsure how to do that."

While the two exchange a few laughs, the rain only got worst and stronger— at that point they're surely not going to get home that easily.

"It's already almost four, I mean we can run for it."

Jimin suggested, causing the shorter to groan at the idea as she hated the feeling of getting sick since it was uncomfortable.

"I don't like getting sick."

"Well, got any better ideas?"

Minjeong tilted her head in thought, that's when she remembered that her best friend's apartment was near the neighborhood.

So she pulled out her phone to contact the person.

"Got one?"

"Mhm, Ning's apartment is nearby. Let's crash there."

"Huh, that's convenient."

Dialing the girl, Ning immediately picked up and spoke cheerfully.

"Yes my beloved? How rare of you to be calling me! What's up?"

Minjeong rolled her eyes and snickered, "You see, I'm at our old high school and it's raining pretty bad."

"Ah~ I heard there's a typhoon incoming, what the heck are you doing there?"

"I'm here with Jimin."

A playful chuckle was heard, "Are you guys on a date-"

"No."

"Heh, sure alright." Ning cleared , "So what seems to be the problem?"

"Can we stay at your apartment till this stupid rain goes away?"

"Of course!~"

"Oh cool, thanks... we'll go now, the rain's getting bad."

"Wait, do you even know the passcode?"

"Yeah, I got it from Aeri."

"What?"

"Long story short, there was this cat and I had to get it down."

Not waiting for her best friend's response, Minjeong ended the call and focused her attention back on the taller who's restlessly rubbing her shoulders to cope up with the cold winds.

"Looks like you're getting cold." Minjeong stretched her arms, "The building isn't far from here, let's make a run for it. Seems like it won't get calmer at any minute."

Jimin huffed, "You're a fast runner though."

Minjeong reluctantly approached the taller, their physical distance is much shorter— now only a fist can fit between them.

Noticing the sudden interval, Jimin quickly averted her gaze to look at the heavy raindrops resounding in front of her.

Some things have certainly changed after revealing a lot of things about her. Unlike before, the two seemed closer than ever.

Similar to that time four years ago.

Gradually things were getting better for Jimin, and she wasn't able to contain her calm expression and smile like an idiot.

"I'll be right behind you to follow your pace."

When Minjeong spoke, the breaths that came out very lightly touched the taller's ears.

It tickled to death.

Jimin swiftly coughed and took a step ahead, a good chunk further away from the shorter than she'd just been.

After scratching her cheek, Minjeong decided to spit out the words she's been hesitating to say. 

"...or you can just hold my hand while we run, I guess that's better."

Jimin looked at the shorter, her face taking on a child-like expression, the happiness coming from the taller is clearly evident.

With a sigh, Minjeong stepped next to the girl once again, a fist length apart. She offered her hand, not showing any expressions, merely staring at the rainfall.

Almost getting herself loss just by staring at the shorter, Jimin was disrupted by a loud clap of thunder, causing her to yelp in fear and hold the latter's hand tightly.

"Pfft-" Minjeong coughed, "Sorry."

Jimin glared at the girl, giving her a light punch on the shoulder which the latter thought she deserved for almost laughing in a serious situation.

Minjeong was surprised by it, the way she almost laughed.

Truly a rare circumstance.

"The weather's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter