29 | sparks

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Now get some rest, you've probably been so stressed since you've been working for the company for the past two weeks. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow."

Doyoung closed the curtains, turned the lamp off, and placed a blanket over his sister's body. Minjeong wasn't handling the situation well, so she stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Before I leave, do you have anything you want?"

"I want to go home..."

The older solely smiled to shake off his worriedness, he sat down beside the bed and patted his sister's head.

"You can go home the day after tomorrow."

Minjeong frowned her lips, "Why not tomorrow? You're here now right?"

Doyoung chuckled, "I know Minjeong, don't worry you won't do that much... Because tomorrow, I've decided to take the company in your place. All I need is your approval, contract."

"Wait, really?"

The older smiled at his sister warmly whilst nodding his head.

"Then... what about your life back in Europe?"

"I did what I wanted, thanks to you. Now it's my turn to return a favor, you can go back to your quiet university life once we've arranged the papers."

"...So I can go home tomorrow as soon as it's signed?"

"No, you're going to rest after that... then you can go home."

Minjeong groaned in displeasure, "You worry too much!"

"And it's for a good reason!"

"Pfft."

The conversation went smoothly; at least her brother's disapproval was not too noticeable. If Minjeong's lucky, she might pull off an escape when their business is over.

Just thinking about it makes her smile.

"Don't think about escaping."

"Ugh, what a bummer."

Doyoung playfully hits his sister with a pillow before standing up and stepping out of the room. Minjeong huffed at this as she turned to her side, thinking of the possible things that could happen tomorrow.

The girl ended up staring into nothing, until eventually... falling asleep.

 

———————————————

 

Everything went by pretty fast, all Minjeong did was follow her brother as well as spend a few fun times with him from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m— It was a tiring day, and Minjeong couldn't help but agree with her brother's words of resting instead of going home immediately.

Presently, the girl strayed away from her brother in the desire of wanting to spend time alone. Of course, Doyoung understood as he knew how his sister loved her alone time and didn't oppose it.

Minjeong was seated under the shelter of a bus stop, waiting for the vehicle to arrive. Laying her back on the backrest, she began to think about what to eat for dinner.

"Bulgogi?" she mumbled to herself whilst in deep thought.

Eventually, the bus finally arrived which made the girl quickly snap back to reality and stand up. When she was just about to approach the opening door, her footsteps paused as if an instinct.

A certain figure stepped out of the vehicle, causing Minjeong to take a step back and gulp quietly.

Is this a blessing or a curse?

Jimin who looked tired instantly noticed her best friend's presence, eyes quickly shifting into disbelief. With furrowed brows, she slowly approached the girl and poked the latter's cheeks.

While that was happening, Minjeong noticed the bus that had already driven off, now in a faraway distance.

There goes my bus.

The shorter maintained her calm composure and looked at her confused best friend with a poker face.

"Are you real?"

"Well, you're touching me right?"

Jimin's eyes quickly lit up as she launched herself into the girl's arms for a tight embrace, arms wrapped around the shorter's neck.

Minjeong couldn't do anything but stay in place silently, trying to keep her calm state from the abrupt action.

Their surroundings were purely in silent, the only thing present was the passing vehicles driving across the dark quiet road with little support of light from the nearby lamp posts.

Within the hug, the taller comfortably laid her head on the girl's shoulder. Jimin felt all of her worries going away, with just the warmth of the person she loves.

"I needed this," she sighed.

"Needed...?"

"It's been one heck of a day for me."

The shorter pursed her lips as she felt her heart pounding like speakers in full bass, though again feeling nothing but perplexity.

Even so, she knew that those beats meant something... she was already aware of her feelings, and it was so troublesome to think about.

Unable to do anything, Minjeong gave in and returned the taller's hug.

"So, what are you doing here? I might've thought that you followed me here."

Jimin pulled away from the hug, giving her best friend a teasing smirk. Minjeong playfully rolled her eyes before giving the taller a light push on the shoulder, tucking her hands into her hoodie's pockets.

"I needed to attend some businesses with my brother."

Jimin raised her brows, "You had a brother?"

"Long story short, he went to Europe to escape a problem our family had years ago... unknowingly the problem was passed to me, glad everything went well though."

"Oh, is that the reason why you never invited me to your home?"

Minjeong nodded, "I had someone teaching me about company stuff."

"I see..." Jimin cleared , "I'm sorry, you were p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter