53 | first aid

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin left the garden as she felt uncomfortable being there. Aeri wanted to accompany her to the campus clinic but since the latter knew how she had classes, she insisted that she'd go ahead and walk there herself.

Aeri and the group of friends couldn't do anything but let her do whatever due to the fact a quiz was coming. So they made sure Jimin was truly okay before waving their farewells and proceeding to class.

Jimin thought everything will sail smoothly after that— well not really.

Minjeong who gave her that terrible pain decided to follow her and kept offering her support to aid the bleeding nose. The taller was slightly annoyed whilst she attempts to ignore the latter who didn't seem to have any plans of going away.

While putting a handkerchief against her nose to absorb the blood, Jimin turned her head by the shoulder to gaze at Minjeong with an annoyed expression. She wouldn't react like this to her normally, but because it was painful, she couldn't stop herself from getting angry.

The day of her important meeting too.

"Come on Jimin! I did this. I'm really sorry about that, we're close right? I didn't mean to we were just playing and-"

"We're not close, Minjeong."

Minjeong frowned her lips, walking closer to the taller's side. "Huh, that's weird. I thought we were high school sweethearts!"

When arriving in front of the clinic, Jimin paused her steps and composed her expression. She looked at the persistent girl and gazed at her coldly— the pain was still felt inside her heart, though maintained a poker face and wiped her nose.

"We're not high school sweethearts. You're not her, Minjeong." Jimin closed her eyes as she dropped her back onto the wall, "You're not her..." she repeated.

Having an idea of what the girl was talking about, Minjeong stared at her for a second after taking a deep breath. She was fully aware of how she wasn't the Minjeong Jimin and her friends loved.

Thinking of it somehow made her feel a bit lonely.

If anyone were to properly describe her current relationship with Jimin. It'd be a neighbor and acquaintance.

And the present Minjeong after the accident was the complete opposite. She became more lively, cheerful, fashionable, charming, and popular. Every student on campus can even recognize her thanks to that popularity, then there are the rumors too.

Minjeong knew about the rumors. There's a lot so she couldn't recognize all of them. Even so, rumors were just rumors, she thought most of them were lies and never bothered looking into them deeply.

The Minjeong now was definitely the outgoing one, totally different from the shut-in she once was. No traumas to worry about, no conditions to stress over, and no bad memories to cry over.

Honestly, she felt empty knowing nothing about the world she was in. She found herself having difficulty connecting with the close friends she had and ended up distancing herself and meeting other people.

Nonetheless, the shorter still continued not even considering Jimin's retorts and stepped into the clinic only to see a note on the desk where it says the doctor was absent.

Jimin followed, "You're not really going to give in, are you?" she asked before noticing the note on the desk.

"Nope, and I don't care what you think of me right now."

Minjeong then stole a glance and forced out a faint smile. She approached one of the shelves to grab a few cotton balls and medications.

"Regardless of who I was in the past or what I did, I feel like 'me' of the present should take responsibility. I feel really really bad!"

Jimin stood in place, just watching the latter move around the room as if she knew what she was doing. It was strange how she knew the place really well as the girl approached the shelves without hesitation.

"Are you even allowed to do that?"

"Don't'cha worry! I'm well acquainted with Ms. Boa. I don't think she'd be mad at us if she found out that we fiddled with the stuff here."

"Ms. Boa who?"

"The doctor who manages this clinic."

Sighing in defeat, Jimin sat down on one of the cots. That's when Minjeong pulled an office chair with her to approach the latter and sat down on it to face her.

"And how come you're well-acquainted with her?"

"Hmm." Minjeong thought for a moment, "These days... I get hurt a lot."

"Hurt, huh?" Jimin raised a brow, "I'm not even going to ask about that."

Minjeong snickered, "Let's just say it had something to do with the rumors."

She poured a tiny bit of betadine into the cotton ball and tapped it gently onto the small cut on Jimin's nose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter