58 | one last thing about you

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two months. Jimin naturally strayed away from her friends and rarely contacted them in the process due to practice. Though, all of that is going to end today. One more week and she can finally go back home, to see them...

To see her.

However, that's not the point. Right now, Jimin just won the biggest piano competition in France— Unfortunately, only second place. But there's always a second time and this thought was engraved into her mind as she decided to attend the next one next year.

She found it fun again. The way she pressed the keys... making music... performing in front of a large audience... giving them the bestest performance she could... felt really good.

Jimin was so busy with music that she almost forgot what life she had back in Korea— almost. Of course, she was not the type to leave everyone behind and ghost them as nothing happened. That's bogus.

She's been through many unbelievable things and the only ones that helped her were them, especially her. Because of them, somehow, the large distance she had with her family was broken off and is now living a peaceful loving life with them.

"They scored again!!! Oh my god!!!"

Jimin's seatmate suddenly yelled which caused her to flinch and snap back to reality. She blinked away her thoughts and looked around noticing how the crowd in front of her erupted into cheers, standing up.

Apparently, the team she was rooting for got another ball into the hoop. Weirdly, she didn't feel that hyped and only clapped her hands.

Right now, she was watching a basketball game with the two friends she made here in France along with Mr. Fabien who gave her the three extra tickets.

"Are you alright, Jimin?" The man noticed how the girl's expression was off.

Jimin lets out a faint smile and nodded her head, "I'm good, just thinking of some things."

"Just tell me if you need anything, alright?"

"Thank you, sir."

*RRRIINNGGG*

The whole arena began to ring loudly and horns were honking. Even the man who Jimin was talking to seemed to have immediately forgotten her presence and stood up to cheer. Everyone except her stood up, cheering.

Even if knowing that the team she's been rooting for won, she remained seated and clapped her hands again.

Jimin wasn't just feeling it today.

When standing up, she was about to tell the man who sat next to her that she was going to leave until the official dog mascot of the winning team appeared out of nowhere and started to dance crazily in the middle of the court.

Laughter and more cheers filled the arena. Unexpectedly, it lightened up her mood due to the fact it reminded her of a particular puppy she loves. She chuckled at this and stayed to watch its performance.

Whoever was inside of that costume was certainly a good heck of a dancer.

The mascot's performance didn't end that long and Jimin felt slightly disappointed. However, that changed the moment it started to walk toward her way in a cheerful manner.

The mascot high-fived everything that was in its way, even Mr. Fabien, and stopped to wave its hand at Jimin. The girl was confused by this when it pointed its paw directly at the big screen that was hanging in the middle of the ceiling.

"Ohhh." Jimin pointed at herself, "Picture?"

The mascot nodded its head energetically and Jimin could not help but accept. As they both did a cute pose, looking at the cameraman, the commenter began to praise the girl for her beautiful visuals and a lot was certainly captivated.

Immediately after the photo was taken, the crowd eventually calmed down, and the mascot offered a high five which Jimin took. That's when her friend, seatmate, couldn't take it anymore and rushed through the crowd to run toward the exit.

"Wendy, what the heck?!" she yelled, laughing.

"Sorry! Can't hold it anymore!" Wendy yelled back before disappearing into the distance.

Playfully rolling her eyes, Jimin excused herself from Mr. Fabien to trail after Wendy in the thought of something bad that might happen to her.

Mr. Fabien chuckled at the sight. Then, landing his gaze on the mascot in front of him who suddenly took the seat beside him. It watched the girl's figure get smaller until it completely disappeared.

"Minjeong, aren't you going to tell her?" he chuckled once more.

Sighing inside the costume, Minjeong crossed her arms. She shook her head and stood up from the seat in the purpose of getting away from the man— failing miserably.

Mr. Fabien did not even mind the crowd as well as the big screen that showed his figure and Minjeong's. He didn't want to look suspicious, so he acted as if he was playing with the mascot, tugging its arms and dragging it away toward the exit.

Later, they arrived at a quiet hallway where luckily there were no people present. The man confronted the younger inside the costume and tapped his foot on the floor.

"You're seriously not going to tell her?" he asked with an amused expression.

Minjeong casually took off the costume's head. "I'm not here for that. I just came here to check up on her..."

Mr. Fabien raised a brow, "Are you?"

"Okay okay." Minjeong groaned, "Maybe not... I don't know, I just came."

"Hm, alright. I won't ask any more questions." He smiled and patted the girl's head softly. "Thanks for the tickets, kiddo. Your girlfriend really liked it."

"S...she-" Minjeong coughed, "We're not together, sir."

"Ahh young love, I don't understand you kids these days." Mr. Fabien laughed, "Whatever that condition of yours... you're alright Minjeong... you're alright." he patted her back before stepping back into the loud arena.

Leaving Minjeong within the empty hallway, she released a huff and scratched the back of her head. Then she turned her back with plans of changing into her normal clothes, only to be met with a figure who seemed to have seen a ghost.

"Um... excuse me... Are you okay?"

Minjeong took a step toward the stranger yet immediately stopped the very moment she realized who this person was.

.

"Jeo...ngie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter