30 | questioning

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't even notice it but a month already flew by and it felt like a decade for me.

Well, nothing interesting happened anyway. Just the usual of me rarely going outside as well as spending little time with Ning and the others, which is strange.

That past month, ever since that incident back in Jeju. Karina began to slowly stray away from us, spending her free time mostly with her boyfriend.

That's when I thought, that call must've been from Kai.

I wonder what's it about? My guess, it's probably something related to that thing we talked about back at the mansion.

Not that I feel anything about it, right now I'm blank as a canvas... I couldn't care less anymore.

Nonetheless, nothing seems to be any problem with it so I shrugged it off. I understand both of their situations, and it's not my job to be nosy about it anyway.

"Do you think we'll ever be successful in the future?"

Ryujin who was beside me asked whilst sipping on her juice box, and I don't even remember how I ended up hanging out with her instead of Ning and the others.

I shrugged, "I've considered becoming a nun."

"Pfft, seriously?"

"Well, I rarely feel anything so I guess it wouldn't have that much of an impact- Wait, why am I even here with you again?"

Presently, the two of us are seated by the sports field. Not sure what we're doing here, but I guess it had something to do with the cheerleaders practicing in front of us.

Ryujin laughed, "I helped you escape becoming a third wheel."

"Ha?"

"Don't you think it's a bit awkward to be grouped with four of your friends who are dating, then there's you being all single?"

"Oh, I've never thought about that."

Now that she mentioned it, earlier I was walking with my three closest friends and Kai who seemed to be getting closer to Karina these days.

Like a normal person who had feelings for someone within the group, I should've opposed him hanging with us.

But the thing is... I'm not normal, and I didn't appear to feel anything about it so it was fine.

Therefore, the thought of something awkward about me tagging along didn't really hit me. Well, not until Ryujin just mentioned it.

"That thought never came to me since I rarely felt anything."

"Sometimes I pity you. Like if I were you... I'd be screaming from embarrassment right now."

I snickered whilst lightly pushing her shoulder, "Shut the up."

"Right." Ryujin chuckled before crossing her arms in thought, "But you know what's weird?"

"What?"

"The past month, whenever we queue up in-game you're not acting like your usual self."

"Ahhh, is that so?"

"See?!" Ryujin pointed at me, "You're doing it again!"

"Yeah?"

"You look lifeless, I'm aware that you have that condition of yours— but this is just odd."

I chuckled, "Thanks for the worry, but I'm fine."

Hearing my confirmation, Ryujin released a huge sigh before shrugging off her thoughts. Eventually, the two of us stopped talking and pulled out our phones to play a game.

"Though hey, what are we doing here at this exact spot?" I glanced at the cheerleaders practicing in front of us.

"Remember what I told you about the fifty thingies?"

"Mhm."

Ryujin smiled at the thought, "I've been on the lookout since it's my last one."

"What are you going to do with those fifty things?"

"Duh, use it to my advantage!"

"Sorry but, what if it doesn't do anything?"

With that being said, Ryujin instantly died in-game which caused her to burst out in laughter.

"Would it kill you to consider someone's feelings?"

"Errm, sorry I don't understand anything."

Rolling her eyes, Ryujin snatched my phone and turned it off. Immediately after, she hooked her arm around my shoulder and looked in the distance.

That was abrupt.

"I was just about to win that round..."

"Not sorry~" Ryujin chuckled, "Anyway, how about you and me have a little small talk about feelings, no?"

"No, ew."

"It's not that bad-"

*THUD*

Out of nowhere, a ball suddenly struck Ryujin's shoulder causing her to wince in pain and back away from me. I raised my brows in shock, quickly scooting to her side to check if she was alright.

"Oh, cool... you're okay."

"Ugh, I'm not even going to complain about how you're not reacting anymore."

She painfully moved her shoulder in a circle-like motion to somehow ease the pain. As I averted my gaze on the ball beside Ryujin, I picked it up and glanced at the people in the distance who seemed to be running toward our way.

"Ryujin! Are you okay?!" a girl suddenly kneeled beside her worriedly.

When Ryujin noticed this girl's presence, I noticed how she tensed up and stuck her eyes on the ground. Probably panicking inside?

Must be that girl she's been talking about.

"I'm sorry!" another girl appeared in front of us.

This person had caramel-ish hair, she looked very sincere while looking at the injured Ryujin. However, the moment she laid eyes on me, she flinched and narrowed her eyes.

"MJ?"

I blinked my eyes rapidly, "Did I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter