40 | is this sympathy?

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They look so uncomfortable with each other," Doyoung whispered to his sister with a silent chuckle.

"Well, it's been a year ever since the two of them saw each other anyway. Not even sure if they're doing that cause they still like each other, or hate each other."

Minjeong casually replied whilst looking at her two parents who seemed to have been forcing their smiles for the past five minutes. Then stealing a glance at her grandparents who appeared to be dense with what was going on, eating their breakfasts quietly.

Today, she was forced by her brother to attend a small family gathering at this fancy restaurant near her apartment. The girl really wanted to decline, but since the older mentioned their grandparents attending, she had no other choice but to go.

"So, Minjeong... I heard that you recently went back to playing kendo?" Minjeong's grandfather asked with great interest.

"Ah, yeah." Minjeong nodded her head whilst taking a bite of her pancakes, "I'm training for this upcoming tournament that'll take place in two weeks."

The grandmother released a small gasp, "Aww, is that why my baby has a bandage wrapped around her left arm?"

Minjeong nodded her head once more, "I got it when a teammate of mine suddenly swung his sword while I was walking by, but I'm okay. I can move it freely without any problems."

Doyoung squinted his eyes, "Hey, how come you call her that while you stick with calling me a bastard?"

The old woman grabbed her fan and gave Doyoung a light smack on the head, "What do you mean why? Bastard, you left your poor sister to study in the States and she was forced to face so many hardships with little support!" she glared at the siblings' parents who were quick to avert their gaze.

Guilty of what he did, Doyoung frowned his lips and grumbled. "No one understands me... It's so hard being the older one." he grumpily took a spoonful of his salad.

Everyone on the table heard the guy's mumblings which caused laughter to engulf their atmosphere. Minjeong couldn't even remember the last time she spent time with her family, it was all so a long time ago.

Nonetheless, it felt weird and she'd constantly smile from time to time. Of course, she noticed this as her lips felt unusually sore.

Stretching her jaw, Minjeong suddenly felt a buzz from her phone which she immediately took out and check the message.Taking the last piece of her pancake,

Minjeong fixed her posture and lingered her eyes around the restaurant, only to be met with a familiar gaze from a distance.

There was Jimin, she had her chin resting on her palm whilst looking at her girlfriend with heart eyes. She had never seen the latter in such a formal get-up, so she took her precious time to look at the girl and fully take in the view.

Unlike Minjeong, Jimin suggested she and her brothers have breakfast together and the place chosen was purely by coincidence.

Now aware of her girlfriend's presence, Minjeong gradually felt a bit embarrassed and drank her glass of water in one go with a straight face.

Eventually, she stood up and excused herself from her family to approach the nearby table where her girlfriend sat. The moment Minjeong arrived at the latter's table, unexpectedly, she was instantly greeted by her five brothers' chaos.

"Hey, weren't you Sicheng's fiancé?"

"Wait wait wait wait!" One of the brothers pointed at Minjeong, "You're Jimin's neighbor!"

"I saw her sparing with Sicheng yesterday."

"I think I saw her inside Jimin's room a few days ago."

While that occurs on the table, Minjeong blinked her eyes in disbelief and merely turned her head to look at Win who had an apologetic smile displayed on his face.

Jimin on the other hand quickly finished drinking her green tea before standing up to grab her girlfriend's hand and leading her towards the empty ballroom.

"Are you sure that we should be here?" Minjeong asked with uncertainty.

Jimin suddenly felt nostalgic and smiled, "If we get caught just blame it on me and run." she mimicked the way her girlfriend said those particular words which earned her a soft punch on the shoulder.

"I would if I still hated you."

Jimin giggled as she sat down on the nearby chair, "And now you love this gorgeous girl who everyone admired~"

Minjeong snickered, "Ms. Goddess can sure be arrogant at times, I'm surely going to write that into my list."

Jimin playfully rolled her eyes, "You know, you should continue calling me that," she responded whilst casually gazing at her girlfriend from top to bottom.

The shorter lay her back against the wall and crossed her arms, "That sounds a bit too much in public though. Plus, I'd rather call you the way you are."

The taller nodded her head as she patted on the empty chair beside her, Minjeong took the signal and sat down next to her girlfriend.

"Oh yeah, I should probably tell you this." Jimin cleared , "My dad entered me into this huge piano competition, so you won't see me a lot inside my apartment starting today. I mean you can visit the mansion, but I don't think that's a good idea since you know what might happen."

The latter smiled bitterly and hugged Minjeong's arm, resting her head against the shorter's. Frankly, Minjeong didn't feel anything about the revelation and solely hummed in understanding.

"You better win that tournament, Kim Minjeong."

Minjeong chuckled, "For you, everything."

 

———————————————

 

When Minjeong thought of Win's request for a date, she didn't think it would be like this— everything was unexpected, she never thought she'd see two familiar girls beside the guy who was busy fiddling with his phone.

"Yah! You should buy infinity-edge with high armor penetration stuff since you're against tanks!"

Win grunted whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter