25 | it's my condition!

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly, Minjeong opened her eyelids, feeling somewhat pain inside her head. She tried to close them to sleep once again, but when she realized something warm where her arms wrapped around.

Her eyes bolted and saw her best friend's visage only an inch away from her face, the girl was sleeping soundly with an arm around the shorter's hip.

Minjeong found herself stuck and paralyzed, she was confused about how she got into such a situation.

While thinking of the reason, something popped up inside her thoughts and she wasn't liking it.

She remembered what happened at the bar, pondering why she passed out with that one glass of wine. The girl was aware that she couldn't drink alcohol that well, though could at least drink a glass without getting drunk.

It must've been strong...

Then looking further into her memories this early morning, she couldn't help but hiss silently in embarrassment.

The shorter couldn't believe what she did, she didn't know what got into her— she remembered how she smiled at the girl in front of her, cupping her cheeks, then called her pretty.

At that point, she wanted to get off the bed and punch something due to the immeasurable humiliation she was feeling.

When she was just about to jolt up in bed, the arm around her hip restricted her from standing up. This made the shorter flinch and instantly direct her eyes to the girl she was facing, Jimin had her eyes open.

Minjeong gulped and stuck her eyes on the beautiful sight, she felt her heart panicking. Confused about whether it was because of this person or something else, but like always... she blamed her condition and threw the feeling away.

"Good morning, Jeongie."

The taller greeted in a sleepy voice, lips curling ever so slightly which caused the latter to gulp once more. Unconsciously finding this morning version of her best friend, alluring.

Minjeong gave up and admitted it—well in her thoughts.

She never got a good look at the girl's morning state even though she witnessed the girl waking up before, and now that she did.

Fine, she really is a Ms. Goddess.

"Good morning," she managed to respond casually.

Jimin lifted her arm away from the shorter's hip and rubbed her eyes, "You're going to have a lot of explaining to do."

"W-What?"

"What do you mean what?" Jimin sat up whilst fixing her messy hair, "You disappeared for a long time without warning, your hand is bandaged as well as your elbow, and! And... I'm not sure if you're telling the truth when I heard that girl on the phone." she glared.

Minjeong chuckled nervously, "That was RJ."

Jimin raised a brow, "Really?"

Sitting up, the shorter nodded her head rapidly. Jimin merely scoffed in disbelief as she knew the latter and this person wouldn't just meet like that.

Certainly, Minjeong noticed her best friend's gesture and protested.

"It's relating to the reason why I disappeared, connected to this unfortunate thing." she raised her fist to present her bandaged hand. "She helped me out."

Jimin frowned her lips, "Why didn't you run to m- us?"

Minjeong smiled bitterly, "It was abrupt."

Seeing her best friend who seemed to be in pain, Jimin eliminated the thought of wanting to know the reason why she left.

The taller considered the girl's situation and respected her privacy. So with that in mind, she stood up and stretched her arms.

"Thank you for telling me... let's head down and eat breakfast with the others?"

"I want to sleep more."

"I'll get you some ice cream later."

"Really?"

"Mint choco."

"You still remember that?" Minjeong released a small peal of laughter, "That changes everything."

Jimin returned the laugh and playfully ruffled her best friend's hair, the shorter rolled her eyes and gave the girl a soft push on the shoulder.

"I'll see you in the kitchen."

The taller began to walk towards the door when she opened it and was about to step out, Minjeong suddenly felt the need to reciprocate her best friend's kindness.

Or was it something else?

Anyway, she called the girl's name and gripped onto the bed's sheets.

"Rina."

Jimin halted her steps, stopping under the corridor. "Mhm?"

"You must've brought me here, thank you."

The taller released a huge exhale only to notice that she was holding her breath, Minjeong couldn't see the girl but she felt that her best friend was happy by these simple words.

Aware of that fact, Minjeong gripped the sheet more tightly, not even recognizing the fluttery feeling residing in her cheeks.

It was inevitable.

And unfortunately, her condition just made it worse by replacing it with confusion— Even so, her subconsciousness spoke out.

"Back there, I wasn't lying... you did seem prettier lately."

As soon as she noticed what she had blurted out, Minjeong instantly covered in shock.

Jimin on the other hand was taken aback, she wanted to speak out but nothing was coming out of . Heat filled her whole body, heart kept thumping, so much she wanted to scream.

She was glad that she had her back turned or else the shorter would've seen a blushing mess.

Without sparing a glance, unsure of what to do. Jimin ran away from the scene, running past the two girls in the hallway who were just on their way to their shared room.

"What the heck was that?" Aeri watched the girl's figure disappear from their sight.

Ning laughed, "Something eventful must've happened."

Aeri's interest peaked from what her girlfriend said, so she pulled the shorter towards their friend's shared room only to see Minjeong who was rolling left and right on the bed restlessly.

"Why did I call her pretty?!"

*THUD THUD THUD THUD*

Minjeong rumbled her feet on the mattress due to the indescribable emotions she was feeling. Witnessing this made the couple who stood beside the door smile tremendously, the two were quick to notice what would've happened.

"You called Jimin pretty?" Ning was the first to speak, "That's odd of you."

The confused girl quickly landed her gaze on the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter