51 | complex feelings

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jimin set foot outside of the room with the help of Win, she was immediately met with her father along with a doctor telling her to go back inside. But the girl disagreed and eagerly responded that she wanted to see her girlfriend first.

Naturally, Mr. Yu was against this but Win insisted and responded how he was going to assist the girl as it will only be for a brief moment. The man then couldn't do anything and sighed, he didn't block his daughter's path further.

Now that's out of the way, Win continued to assist his sister by putting an arm around her waist with the other hand pulling the iv pole toward the room Minjeong was resting.

Jimin took a deep breath before knocking on the door which was instantly opened by a familiar woman. That woman gazed at her in shock as the girl widened her eyes, blurting out.

"Ma'am- I mean, mom?"

Ms. Kim sighed in relief, "I'm glad that you're are okay." she motioned her hand into the room indicating Jimin and Win to step inside.

The moment the two siblings stepped in, they saw Minjeong on the bed with both of her legs in a cast along with her forehead, especially the back of her head wrapped around in thick bandages, and face that was almost covered with various shapes of band-aids.

Though what caught their utmost attention was how the doctor who stood beside Minjeong was showing her different kinds of images from a phone that seemed to be hers.

"Do you know these people?" Dr. Han asked as he swiped the next image that showed a group photo of the girl from her trip to Japan.

Minjeong turned her head to look at the screen, looking confused as she slowly shook her head. The doctor huffed at this and turned off the phone. He placed it on the nearby table and faced the girl's mother.

"The crash had a huge impact at the back of her head. No doubt, it's amnesia... and unfortunately, it's permanent. But the good thing is, it looks like her mental conditions won't be showing for a while."

Dr. Han landed his eyes on Jimin.

"And Jimin... huh, she wouldn't have lived if it weren't for Minjeong taking in the impact by embracing her... and that guy..." he didn't continue and smiled at the latter before leaving the room.

Jimin couldn't help but scoff at the news. She couldn't believe what she just heard, to hear such cliche things like in the movies— yet her heart felt like it was trenching. She did not know what to do and merely dropped onto the couch, laying her back on the backrest stunned.

Ms. Kim flickered her eyes back and forth at her daughter then to Jimin. She noticed how Minjeong was looking at the distressed girl on the couch with perplexity whilst scratching her nape.

That's when she approached Jimin and placed a particular journal onto her lap whispering that she and her daughter go have a long talk.

Jimin gazed at the journal with a blank face and Win's expression quickly shifted into worry. Though, he did nothing and solely said that he'll wait outside the hallway and left.

Ms. Kim patted the girl's head softly, "The good thing is the both of you are okay, that's enough yeah?" she approached the door and looked at her daughter. "Honey, listen... this girl is a very important person to you. So the two of you go talk, okie?"

Surprised, Minjeong nodded her head rapidly. "I'll see you later uh... Ms. Kim...?"

The mother frowned her lips, "I'm your mother!"

"I-I mean mom!" Minjeong chuckled nervously and clasped her hands together apologetically, "I'm sorry."

Ms. Kim held her forehead and sighed, "It couldn't be helped." she opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter