32 | stupid gummies

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's up with you? You've been sighing too much."

Doyoung asked while still reading the contents of the folder he had in hand, slightly worried about her sister who lay on his office's couch whilst looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm f-"

"Well, if you're going to say that you're fine... that's obviously not going to work," he interrupted and placed the folder on his desk to focus his attention on the latter. "Come on, tell me your worries."

Minjeong sighed once more before sitting up with her arms crossed, back laid on the backrest.

"I had two dreams today," she subtly tilted her head. "But my primary concern is the other one which haunted me."

"May I know what was the other?"

"Erm... you don't need to know," Minjeong covered to succumb to her faint chuckle.

Doyoung snickered, "Why? That just makes me wanna find out more about it."

*COUGH*

"Moving on!"

"Tch, okay."

The older grabbed the pillow on his chair and threw it at his sister which successfully landed on the girl's face.

Minjeong grunted and glared at her brother, "How barbaric... just wait till I come home."

Doyoung laughed, "Do your best."

The shorter rolled her eyes before continuing, "Anyway, earlier that dream popped up into my head and made me nervous...? I think I was nervous, maybe scared..." she ruffled her hair in confusion. "But let's say that I was scared, yeah."

Caught up with whatever his sister was talking about, Doyoung nodded his head in understanding. "Ahh, was it one of those?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Minjeong huffed, "We were eating earlier when that thought arrived, so I was going to ask her to come with me somewhere... I wanted to tell her something."

"Whom is her?"

"Rina."

"Rina... Yu Rina?!" Doyoung raised a brow, "Wasn't that girl your girlfriend in high school?"

"Sad, we didn't date."

Doyoung smirked, "Sure." he cleared his throat. "Though, what seems to be the problem?"

"She needs to be at the hospital with her boyfriend, I guess."

"Yikes, she has a boyfriend?" Doyoung rolled his chair in front of his sister, "Are you waiting for them to break up or something?" he gazed at the latter attentively.

"Going off topic!"

Doyoung snickered, "Aight, my bad."

"Well, maybe I am..." she mumbled.

"What?"

"Continuing...!" Minjeong sighed as she nervously scratched her cheek, "Since I felt quite down, I think I just wanted to spend little time with her... comfort."

"Hello??? I'm here!"

Doyoung patted his chest and opened his arms wide. Seemingly welcoming his sister for a hug, only for him to get rolled away when his chair was pushed away from Minjeong's kick.

"I'm sad, Mindeongie," he said with a pout when the rolling of his chair was stopped by a wall.

"And I feel absolutely nothing."

"Pfft, now you're just being harsh on yourself."

"Nonetheless." Minjeong chuckled, "It had to be her."

"Why exactly?"

"Because I need to tell her something," the shorter quoted the word need with her fingers.

Doyoung rolled his chair back behind his desk, "The two of you must've really not known anything much about each other, huh? Must be hard."

Minjeong could only shrug and lay on the couch once again, "You don't need to know much to understand each other, I think that applied for the both of us."

Doyoung wiped his fake tears, "I've never seen you this lovesick since your high school days."

"I'm not lovesick!"

"You don't know that, you have alexithymia."

Minjeong glared, "Beyond the edge of the universe and its every living microorganism, I hate you." she turned and closed her eyes. "I'm going to take a nap, mornight!"

"Wait, don't nap just yet."

Halted by her brother, Minjeong sat up from the couch and fixed her gaze on the older, watching him take out a particular something from the shelf of his desk.

The girl squinted her eyes at the object as her brother threw it onto the space next to her, "What's this?" she questioned while examining the object, noticing how it had a lock beside it.

"A journal, I noticed how you weren't writing anymore... So I thought of buying you one, the key is taped on the front."

Minjeong smiled at the gift, "Thanks, I don't really need one anymore but since it came from you— I'll use it well." she placed the journal on the coffee table in front of her.

Promptly, the two siblings continued with their business as pure silence gradually plagued the room. Doyoung with his papers, and Minjeong with her afternoon nap.

 

———————————————

 

Fast forward.

Minjeong's nap ended up becoming a deep sleep and woke up at 8 p.m, the girl couldn't help but growl at the situation whilst giving herself a light smack on the head for not setting an alarm.

Her brother who was surprisingly still stuck in his chair working bursts out in laughter and found the occurrence hilarious.

Annoyed by this fact and with the thought of her stacked homework back home, Minjeong quickly gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter