2 | cool

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know how it came to this but for some reason... Jimin and I sat next to each other. Everyone around us was staring, their gaze almost bloodthirsty. I could even hear them saying something similar to a curse.

I only sighed at this and wore a cap. Then, tucking my hands into my pockets, waiting for this activity to end. I just had to end up being her seatmate, thus becoming her partner for the activity today.

Even I raised my hand and risked myself getting embarrassed just to ask the professor if I could do it solo as she'd always allow me to, but unfortunately... that wasn't allowed since a school inspector was observing our class.

Damn, the circumstances.

The professor is currently mentioning our names and who we've partnered with. This is dangerous since people will know my name now, and all eyes will be on me too. How troublesome. 

There were even some men who looked bewitched, their eyes filled with hearts. Calling her a goddess would be an understatement— men are men, well, not all of them. Some are at least good.

"Hey, bud!"

Speak of the devil.

A tall guy suddenly hooked his arm around my shoulder, catching even more attention that I almost threw myself off the seat. His greeting was so loud that the professor scolded him. Since he apologized and was "good-looking," everyone laughed it off and continued listening to the professor.

I removed his hand from my shoulder, "Piss off."

I was annoyed by his presence since he's one of the popular people, and I hated that. We're not even friends... though, just like Ning. He considers me one, but hey, sorry, I don't.

If Jimin is a so-called "Goddess" here, this guy is a "Prince Charming." Ugh, what is this? A youth romance K-drama? If it is, then please get me out of here. I'd rather be the tree that stands and does nothing.

"Your good friend is here, and you treat him like this?"

He pouted at me cutely, which led me to display a disgusted look. On a side note, the girls nearby secretly taking pictures of him squealed— except for Jimin. She was writing something in her sketchbook while listening to the professor.

"We're not friends. We're acquaintances." I huffed, laying my back against the seat comfortably.

"Tch, okay." he sulked.

"Hooah... looks like you have some connections with the popular ones here." Jimin casually talked to me, "Surprising to see Jeno knows you." her voice was monotone.

Witnessing her casually talking to me was just ominous. Unable to comprehend what just happened, I didn't say anything back to her.

Jeno widened his eyes, "You know Minjeong?! She doesn't even exist in other people's eyes. Wow!" he exclaimed in a hushed tone.

I facepalmed. This guy... Did he just reveal my name to her? Ahhh, just as when I thought I got off the hook by her not hearing my name getting called earlier.

Glancing at Jimin, she was looking at me with an expressionless look. The gaze lasted for only a millisecond which I was very glad of. I hated every bit of eyes on me. The reason for that?

It's ed up. I'm keeping that behind these doors of mine. Maybe, at another time.

"Minjeong, huh?"

Jimin only mumbled and never bothered talking to me the whole discussion. As soon as we were done with that, everyone immediately walked away from the current area to do the activity, leaving Jimin and me alone.

I don't know whether I should cry or laugh. If anyone sees me often being with Jimin, they may get the wrong idea that I'm trying to get close to her. Let's avoid that... and so I rummaged through my bag, which I thankfully pulled out a mask to wear.

"What are you doing?" she asked me, again expressionless.

"Don't take it the wrong way but... I don't like attention, thus being seen with you is dangerous. I hate it."

"That's indirectly saying that you don't like me, hmm?" Jimin took a pencil from her bag, "Then maybe we should avoid seeing and talking to each other any further."

"Yes we should, I'm glad you mentioned that."

Jimin rolled her eyes and scoffed, not responding to my answer, and started to distance herself from me to sit down on the very edge of the seat. Suddenly the temperature decreased.

I turned away from her and took a sip of the jelly drink I had on hand. Taking out my sketchbook, I began to draw something that suited the theme of our activity— flow. I don't even get why we had to partner up. This is an easy task to do solo.

However, the professor mentioned something about the next activity related to this experience. Hatred, I'm in pure hatred... we still have to partner up in the next activity.

Too lazy to draw something good, I finished my sketch after thirty minutes. At this moment, I put the empty pack of jelly drink into my bag and glanced at Jimin.

Glance after glance, I couldn't help but be allured by her features. Not that I liked her, but it was a rare sight since the only pretty person who surrounded me was my best friend. I got used to her so much that this occurrence is oddly normal now.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm a demiual... to be precise... I don't look for any attraction... yet, I and myself are fine. Like, bruh, college students these days get wild, and I resent the thought of making one-night stands or whatever.

Anyway, back to the current situation...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter