56 | out of reach

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to miss this stressful place."

Jimin said with a huff whilst looking at the campus' main building. This was her last day with everyone as she needed to leave tomorrow in the afternoon.

The friends who sat at the table solely smiled and started to talk about how they'll miss the latter.

Then there's Minjeong, she wasn't seated at the table and was lying her back against the nearby tree occasionally trying to join in their conversation which she was having a hard time on.

Jimin has been helping the shorter with everyone else and it seemed to be working— slowly but surely. Minjeong still felt out of place and couldn't help but stay silent.

Being Minjeong's longest friend within the group, Ning noticed her best friend's gestures and stood up from the table. She approached her and gave her a nudge on the arm only to earn an expressionless gaze.

Ning rolled her eyes at this and groaned. She grabbed Minjeong's hand and pulled her forcefully toward the table and made her sit down next to Jimin.

"How come you're so confident with everyone but not us?" Ning questioned, sitting back to her spot next to Aeri.

"I don't know! It's like a natural reaction that I can't explain!" Minjeong raised her hands midway in defeat.

Ryujin spoke whilst munching on her chips, "Welp, I'm just glad that our gamer MJ is back... even though she ."

"She's new all over again, so it's understandable." Sakura nodded her head, "She's slowly getting there thanks to Jimin."

Jimin nudged Minjeong beside her, "What can I say? I learned from the best... well, was best." she said proudly, causing the latter to look at her which she returned with a playful wink.

Minjeong didn't get a thing and only snickered at the gesture. She lowered her gaze on the table, drawing small invisible circles. "I must've been really good then."

"Yeah, thanks to your addiction our squad reached the top one hundred here in Korea." Ryujin chuckled.

Sakura hummed as she was reminiscing those moments, "Ahh~ Good times."

"Speaking of good times." Aeri cleared , "Since this is Jimin's last day, how about we spend the rest of the day together?"

Of course, everyone quickly agreed to the idea. This was the girl's last day after all. Although, knowing the fact that it was certainly Jimin's last day— somehow, Minjeong felt disappointed.

She stole a glance at Jimin 

"What's the plan?" Jimin asked.

Oddly, Aeri landed her eyes on Minjeong. "I'm sure Minjeong has a good one."

"What?"

Minjeong blurted out, appearing to be confused that quickly earned her a kick on the foot under the table from the Japanese. Thankfully, it was gone unnoticed by their friends who were too lost in their conversation.

She jumped a little due to the sudden bang and winced silently in pain, glaring at Aeri with great intent. But the latter didn't react and smoothly joined in the others' conversation, acting as if nothing happened.

Minjeong was utterly confused until she stole a glance at Jimin again that struck an abrupt click inside her thoughts. She understood. Now remembering the talk she and Aeri had before meeting everyone.

After hesitating for a moment, she was about to open to say something when she heard Ning speak first. Her tone was very sincere and purely suspicious— it seems like she noticed Aeri's kick under the table.

"What's wrong with you two?" she flickered her eyes back and forth from her girlfriend to her best friend.

That's when Aeri leaned in closer to her girlfriend's ear to whisper what was going on. Ning fell into a teasing smirk, looking at Minjeong.

But Minjeong disregarded this and dropped her chin onto her palm. She came into her senses in a swish, finally parting her lips to speak.

"Did you guys hear about the fireworks show tonight? The plaza nearby is surely going to get crowded." she stared at the table, trying to avoid the gazes she attracted. "How about we do that?"

Immediately, she received a yes from her friends except for Jimin.

"These days... I'm not good with rushing crowds." she paused a second before continuing. "Still, it sounds fun, and since it is my last day... might as well make the most of it. I'm down."

Settled with how they were going to meet and spend the day after classes, everyone began leaving the table one by one until the only ones left were Jimin and Minjeong.

There was this immense silence and it felt unbearable. Jimin was about to break this silence but Minjeong got ahead and sighed loudly.

"Haaahhh... It's only been a day since we've been back to friends." she sat up and playfully punched the taller on the shoulder. "Good luck with that competition! I heard that you're really good."

"You're being weird." Jimin pressed back a laugh, "Are you worried? Going to miss me?"

"Me?" Minjeong snickered, "As if~ To me, we technically just met."

"Tch, I guess that part of you didn't change."

"Oh, what's that?"

"You're no fun."

Minjeong laughed, "You should see me inside a club."

Jimin raised a brow, "You go to clubs?"

"Uhuh, I remember that's when the rumors started circulating," she answered so casually.

Jimin narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "Really, Minjeong... just how many did you...?"

"I told you, it's countless." Minjeong stretched her arms, "Why ask? Don't tell me we haven't done that before when we were dating?" she grinned in interest.

"Ah, no worries. We already did in high school."

"High...high school?!"

Minjeong exclaimed as Jimin erupted in laughter.

"You're joking," she pointed a finger.

Jimin was indeed joking, it was only to mask the disappointment she felt knowing how the girl did many things that weren't to her liking. Tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter