14 | reasons

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two girls were locked outside the balcony in mute, no one had any intention to speak.

No, rather, both felt awkward and confused as well... scared.

Rain fell from the skies, cold water stretching across the roads in the distance. Droplets of water, that was the only thing heard.

The longer they just stood in place, the more the temperature gets colder.

Not liking her situation, Minjeong could only compromise with what was happening and sit down on the bean bag once again. She stared at the distance and decided to finally speak.

"If you have something to say, get it over with." her voice carried a trace of derision, matching the iciness that's filling in her eyes.

Jimin sat down on the bean bag across from the girl.

Minjeong never thought that she'd be able to stand in front of the person she hated the most, she merely wished for the bonds they had to disappear.

To act as if nothing happened.

Even though she lacked determining emotions as well as herself, it was still annoying that she couldn't help but feel stings.

It's such a weird sensation to her.

Maybe things would've been better if she didn't look at the girl suspiciously. The ignorance they both had days ago was better, Minjeong liked it better.

On a side note, Jimin could clearly discern the girl's unhappiness even though she had no expressions displayed. She was unwilling to draw attention to it and focus on the current situation.

It was familiar, it was the usual poker face she'd always maintain.

It wasn't a good time to think about it but with the thought of this person now knowing her secret.

She missed it.

But as Jimin stared at the expression in front of her, she'd find herself shrinking back and swallowing her words.

She's scared that this person might reject her again.

Once again...

However, she accepted it... she knew that this was entirely her fault. She was unable to forget that.

So she built up the courage to speak and focus her attention on the girl in front of her, displaying no expressions.

"Where should I start?"

"...When you left."

Minjeong's gaze was sharp as a knife and her voice cold as an arrow, Jimin could barely keep her composition and look at the girl without getting anxious.

Though she sighed this off and remained calm, she cleared and closed her eyes.

"I had no other choice, my father. You know how he'd constantly hit me-"

"I told you to run away, didn't I?"

"I tried, but he'd turn to my brothers."

Minjeong scoffed, "I never knew anything about you. How can I be sure that you're not lying... like you always do?"

"As soon as I found out about you, I called you... but you just walked past me and never looked back." Jimin smiled bitterly, "I guess that's understandable. After all, I've changed greatly throughout the years..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

| Jimin

I stood next to my best friend in pure shock, the two of us were looking through our names on the bulletin board to know our assigned classrooms.

Aeri could only squeal next to me in excitement as she was placed in the same classroom with her crush, I merely smiled at her and patted her on the shoulder.

"Good for you."

"How about you?"

"Huh?"

"Aren't you a bit disappointed that you weren't placed in the same classroom as your boyfriend?"

I shook my head and turned back to look at the bulletin board, "Surprisingly no... I think this first year would be interesting."

Staring at a particular name, I smiled tremendously.

Kim Minjeong.

Never would I thought that I'd be able to see that same name in a very long time, I could even jump from happiness but that'd be unnecessary.

"Eh? You're smiling, that's rare." Aeri grinned.

I instantly removed my smile, "I was thinking about breakfast." I hurriedly walked ahead, "Let's go."

 

———————————————

 

The class hasn't started yet and thankfully, ours start in one more hour. So I had more time to spare to look around the campus.

Just when I decided to do that, Aeri came to me and asked me to return the book she borrowed just a few hours ago.

Of course, I didn't deny it since I might as well roam around while at it.

When I arrived inside the library to return a book that Aeri borrowed, I saw a familiar figure at the very corner of the room.

No doubt, it was Jeongie.

Even when she had her hood placed over her head, I was still able to recognize her. That's how much I knew of her... how much I missed her, but I don't think I'd be able to approach her that easily.

I still remember those times... so certainly, she detested me.

I gazed deep into her eyes. The vastness of her eyes was comparable to an ocean, as though with only the slightest brush against it, one would submerge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter